What am I looking at?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Peggy thank you for explaining my mistake. I tend to just hit buttons, but looking at the instructions does help a bit.

Scottie--I detiled the background and now I have a tile on my own desk top for some reason which I cannot remove---the tile I mean. It is covering up my lovely Felix the Cat image. I will figure it out. Okay, I saw one thing that possibly looked like the top of a berry. But there is some other stuff that just doesn't look like berries to me. The name of the "design" is bgbrew. I think that stands for blood and gore brew.

Cranberry---don't be scared. Another extremely strange thing that fits in with your Sacred Heart image is WHO SINGS THESE ARE MY FAVORITE THINGS?????? A NUN!!!!! :o

whoa,whoa, whoa
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

no, it's not haggis. :lol:
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Silly, it is the inside of a hagis before it is cooked! Or maybe the large intestine of highland cattle before it is cooked and stuffed :lol:

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh dear, now I shall have to investigate haggis. Really I should be practicing my whistle.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

It looks like a knitted snood soaked in gore.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I think we may be getting somewhere. This is crocheted (I really had to find out what exactly a snood was, setting me back abit on my haggis research):

It's not that much of a stretch to imagine someone soaking it in gore and then photographing it. Well, the color of this one is wrong, of course.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

I was very happy that the whatever-it-is looks like that as I don't often get the opportunity to use the word "snood". "Gore", either, for that matter.

"Snood" is one of the silliest-sounding words in English, along with "propinquity".
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well here is a picture of haggis (on the left):

I'm starting to lean toward Peggy's guess. The color is not quite as bright, but the variation in color and the texture are there. I guess there is a certain shininess lacking. I will have to try to find a picture of uncooked haggis I suppose. But now, really, I must practice my whistle.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Yummm, haggis. You'll need plenty of that amber stuff in the tumbler to get it down.

Cynth, soon you'll have two whistles. That means twice as much practice. You can't imagine how complicated it's going to get. :wink:
Jack

Post by Jack »

Is vegetarian haggis possible?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Cranberry wrote:Is vegetarian haggis possible?
Why would one do that? The whole point of The Haggis is that it's a sheep's stomach stuffed with offal. Yummy.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Nanohedron wrote:Why[?]
Why, the eating of stomachs is cruel and evil, of course.
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Nanohedron wrote:
Why would one do that? The whole point of The Haggis is that it's a sheep's stomach stuffed with offal. Yummy.
I seem to remember seeing a website that sold haggis by mail order - and yes, they offered vegetarian haggis.

What was in it, I have no idea. But I've had vegetarian asian food where the fake "meat" was quite convincing, so it might well taste as good - or not - as real haggis.
Jack

Post by Jack »

DCrom wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
I seem to remember seeing a website that sold haggis by mail order - and yes, they offered vegetarian haggis.

What was in it, I have no idea. But I've had vegetarian asian food where the fake "meat" was quite convincing, so it might well taste as good - or not - as real haggis.
I've eaten some 'fake meat', especially bacon and bacon bits, where I've felt guilty afterwards. It seems so real. At least, compared to what I can remember. It's been years and years since I had real bacon in my mouth.
Last edited by Jack on Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

DCrom wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:

Hmmm. Could've been wheat gluten for the meaty bits, maybe even for the "stomach" analog. Or really messed-with tofu for the gluten-intolerant. I DO like gluten-based fake meats. Very tasty when done right.

When it comes to the haggis, though, I think I'd want the real thing.

I'm just cruel and evil. :wink: