What you have to listen to in Hell.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
aderyn_du
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

izzarina wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:That would be a Hell reserved for serious sinners...very serious sinners..
I can't even think of a sin that serious....

Slan,
D. :boggle: :boggle:
Even I am clueless here as to a sin that would be more serious..unless of course he did a duet with William Shatner. Now that would be truly evil.
What about a trio: John Davidson, William Shatner, and Leonard Nimoy? Perhaps a new stirring rendition of Bilbo Baggins??
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

aderyn_du wrote:
izzarina wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:That would be a Hell reserved for serious sinners...very serious sinners..
I can't even think of a sin that serious....

Slan,
D. :boggle: :boggle:
Even I am clueless here as to a sin that would be more serious..unless of course he did a duet with William Shatner. Now that would be truly evil.
What about a trio: John Davidson, William Shatner, and Leonard Nimoy? Perhaps a new stirring rendition of Bilbo Baggins??
::closing her eyes, putter her hands over her ears and yelling "I'M NOT LISTENING!!! I'M NOT LISTENING!!!"::

:wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

DaleWisely wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Dale, I'm seriously considering the possibility that you may be evil.
Only now?? Nanohedron, you've been reading me for YEARS. Try to catch up.

Dale
I've been in denial, no question.
glauber

Post by glauber »

If you like it so much, why not become a member of the fan club?
Gold level of membership will receive the following:

(1) Monthly emails regarding John's schedule and events.
(2) 5x7 autographed color photo of John
(3) Keychain with color photo
(4) Quarterly newsletters which will include a personal note from John, color pictures, lyrics to his songs
(5) year-end small Christmas card of John
(6) membership card

The cost of the gold membership is $20.00 U.S. annually.

PLEASE MAKE CHECK PAYABLE TO "LINDA CURRIE" AND SEND TO THE ADDRESS BELOW.

LINDA CURRIE
4206 HIGHGATE CRESCENT
MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO
CANADA, L4W 3H1

Hmmm.... i wonder if i still have Dale's address....

g
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

Unfortunately, I missed this thread due to the flu. *cough* *cough*.

Years ago as a birthday present to my mom I took her to see the Smothers Brothers perform here in Houston. They're 'half-time entertainment' it turns out was to be John Davidson. I thought that was odd, at the time my only exposure to him was "That's Incredible" and didn't knew he was supposed to have any actual talent.

The first half of a great show goes by, I love the Smother's Brothers also, and then Davidson comes out and I sit back to take a nap.

As God as my witness, it was pretty darn good set. He sang folks song, told a few jokes and stories and so on. I couldn't believe it.

I had a similar experience just a couple years ago when a friend called up at the last minute with free tickets to see Dennis DeYoung and Houston Symphony. Being a Styx fan, and having nothing better to do that night, I went along. The empty parking lots didn't bode well, nor did the free upgrade in seats, most of which were empty. My friends and I are laughing about how sad this show is going to be until it starts, and again to my surprise, turned out to be pretty darn good.

In neither case were they outstanding shows, but I didn't leave sorry I went either.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
missy

Post by missy »

Unfortunately, John Davidson is associated with a lot of bad memories for many in the Cincinnati area. He was the headliner in May, 1977 when the Beverly Hills Supper Club was destroyed by fire and 165 people perished, including Mr. Davidson's band director.

But - I'll go along with having to listen to William Shatner being hell!!!! :D

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I always wondered what happened to that guy. He was pretty famous in the 70s, had his own TV show and all.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
emmline

Post by emmline »

He was the Ken doll of the 60-70's. Minimally talented, and somewhat bland, but cute dimples.
I remember him appearing on The Captain and Tennille's variety show, and how they set up a whole schtick about Davidson flirting with Toni and Darryl being jealous.
I also recall a very short-lived sitcom he appeared in as Sally Field's husband.
And I do believe that "The Happy Millionaire" was one of my early movie experiences.
brianc

Post by brianc »

emmline wrote:He was the Ken doll of the 60-70's. Minimally talented, and somewhat bland, but cute dimples.
I remember him appearing on The Captain and Tennille's variety show, and how they set up a whole schtick about Davidson flirting with Toni and Darryl being jealous.
I also recall a very short-lived sitcom he appeared in as Sally Field's husband.
And I do believe that "The Happy Millionaire" was one of my early movie experiences.

:lol: The Captain & Tennille Show -- yet another reason to bury what passed for entertainment of the 70s. That show should have a special place reserved in hell - right next to 'Sonny & Cher Show', 'Tony Orlando & Dawn', et. al. EEESSSHHH!
missy

Post by missy »

"That show should have a special place reserved in hell - right next to 'Sonny & Cher Show', 'Tony Orlando & Dawn', et. al. EEESSSHHH!"

Don't forget "Donnie and Marie"!!! (we need a smiley that is throwing up).

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Help..I actually was assaulted by " I love y..." before I could x out of the site. Thanks Dale. That was...nauseating. :D
Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

Work variety show of all time: <a href="http://www.tvparty.com/pink.html">Pink Lady and Jeff</a>. They ran this again recently on Trio. So bad, you'd almost think it was a parody.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

You guys can count yourselves incredibly lucky. I was going to link you to Gunther.net, but his site is down for the time being. You know what I'm talking about.
Tony :twisted:
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

This is a seriously disturbing thread..............
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

The Weekenders wrote:I always wondered what happened to that guy. He was pretty famous in the 70s, had his own TV show and all.
Well he grew a beard, aged ungracefully and he's now lookalike number 15 on the menawholooklikekennyrogers website.

OK. Now please, please! Don't let the Marist brothers know about that site. They scare kids enough as it is.