Do you feel safe with Martha Stewart on the loose?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
dwinterfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Do you feel safe with Martha Stewart on the loose?

Post by dwinterfield »

She gets out of prison this week.

The justice system is turning her out having served less than her full sentence. Is this a good idea?
rh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by rh »

as long as they check for gang tattoos and she comes out clean, there shouldn't be a problem.
there is no end to the walking
izzarina

Re: Do you feel safe with Martha Stewart on the loose?

Post by izzarina »

dwinterfield wrote:She gets out of prison this week.

The justice system is turning her out having served less than her full sentence. Is this a good idea?
I don't see where it's going to make any difference. She was a patsy, really, and was used to make an example. Sure, what she did was wrong, but I would tend to think that she's not the first famous person to do it, and she'll not be the last. I'm not a tremendous fan of hers, but I'm glad she's out for I don't think she did anything more than many others before her did. Besides, I don't think that orange is really her color. She seems more of a "cool/winter" to me :wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I am so afraid now I will have to lock all my doors all the time. :o
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

Unseen122 wrote:I am so afraid now I will have to lock all my doors all the time. :o
I'm not afraid.

However, I am sure my father, brother, and brother in-law (all married) are wondering if this will trigger a new Spring lineup, and if so, will it impact their wallets?

Be very afraid.
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

izzarina wrote:She was a patsy, really, and was used to make an example. Sure, what she did was wrong, but I would tend to think that she's not the first famous person to do it, and she'll not be the last.
Maybe she and Jim Bakker will have some more things in common to talk about, next time they get together for a luncheon.
I'm not a tremendous fan of hers, but I'm glad she's out for I don't think she did anything more than many others before her did.
I'm not sure her personality is my cup of tea, but her program was often interesting and I found it informational.
Reasonable person
Walden
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Walden wrote:
izzarina wrote:She was a patsy, really, and was used to make an example. Sure, what she did was wrong, but I would tend to think that she's not the first famous person to do it, and she'll not be the last.
Maybe she and Jim Bakker will have some more things in common to talk about, next time they get together for a luncheon.
;)
I'm not sure her personality is my cup of tea, but her program was often interesting and I found it informational.
Her personality is horrible. I couldn't work for her, that's for sure. But I do agree that her program was often interesting. Anyone know if she'll be doing it again, or is that now out?
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

I'm absolutely terrified, and if I lived near her I'd be keeping my doors locked - she might break in and redecorate. :moreevil:
Jack

Post by Jack »

DCrom wrote:I'm absolutely terrified, and if I lived near her I'd be keeping my doors locked - she might break in and redecorate. :moreevil:
Currently, I do live near her. I'm not afraid at all. I may not like her (or I may and I do), but I think that she was treated unfairly by the justice system and especially the media because she is a famous woman. Thank goodness she wasn't also black - they might've given her the death penalty!
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

I'm afraid I'm going to wake up some morning and find that someone has made honey-glazed scones with honey they pulled from their own hive, and butter they churned from their own milk cows.

<shudder>
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Wanderer wrote:I'm afraid I'm going to wake up some morning and find that someone has made honey-glazed scones with honey they pulled from their own hive, and butter they churned from their own milk cows.

<shudder>
:lol: Greg, why do I have a hard time believing that??
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Relax people. She has to wear an ankle bracelet for three months. We have a short reprieve.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

This would have little to no meaning to me except that I drove by her place in Katonah, NY last August and saw where her "house arrest" was going to take place. The other Weekender's daughter-in-law grew up around the corner so she was showing us the area. Martha had not entered jail yet and there was a flurry of workers there. The other Weekender swore she saw a blonde in a shell jacket standing at the doorway. To which I said, in the correct Richard Belzer voice, "Yeah, right."

So anyway, I actually know where she will be, right next door to Ralph Lauren's place! Its a sunny cottage-y kind of place with some outbuildings. I would guess about 60-100 acres or so. Right down the road is a place called Caramoor (I think?), where they have beautiful gardens and many summer time concerts.

Most of us are safe, believe me. Its quite a walk to get to any town or anything and I bet she will have an electronic shocker ankle bracelet or somethin.

Yeah, right.

P.S. If you are ever in the neighborhood, go to the John Jay mansion. Excellent gardens and historic farm displays.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

aderyn_du wrote:
:lol: Greg, why do I have a hard time believing that??
Well, what scares me about it is that I wouldn't get to do those things myself ;)
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Someone told me that she won't be able to leave her house--that she can't go out onto her property. I don't know if that's true or not. If so, it ruins the whole reason she volunteered to go to jail early, which was so she could get out in time for Spring gardening.

I don't know, this sounds like cruel and unusual punishment to me. :(
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony