Topics that get off topic (NOT)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Yes, I used to use Almond oil too - However a year or so ago I switched to the much harder to find, but more effective Snipe Oil. When that runs low I will substitute Jackalope oil in a pinch, which seems to work just as well.

Actually one famous maker recently told me his secret recipe for whistle and flute oil consisted of 3 parts Snipe Oil to 1 part Jackalope Oil. Think I'll give that a whirl next.

Loren

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Loren on 2001-08-13 11:44 ]</font>
Mark_J
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Mark_J »

On 2001-08-13 11:07, Loren wrote:
Yes, I used to use Almond oil too - However a year or so ago I switched to the harder to the much harder to find but more effective Snipe Oil. When that runs low I will substitute Jackalope oil in a pinch, which seems to work just as well.

Actually one famous maker recently told me his secret recipe for whistle and flute oil consisted of 3 parts Snipe Oil to 1 part Jackalope Oil. Think I'll give that a whirl next.

Loren
Loren,
Do you break vitimin E capsules into your oil mixture to prevent oxidation and rancid smells?

I use vitimin E to keep my cholesterol from becoming oxidized and lining the inside of my arteries. Asprin works well too, but does nothing for oxidation.

Does anybody use Asprin for headaches?

Asprin was invented in Germany.

Headaches were invented after the first Marriage.

A German once got married and wished to fix the head ache problem.

Old German concert flutes are not real good for use in Irish music because they have small tone holes.

Are there any whistle players living in Germany with a headache that they got from playing a flute while taking almond oil instead of Vitimin E?
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

"If I ask a question about whistles on this thread, will it be considered off topic?
Blaine"

Maybe not, but I'm sure the answer will be. What would you like to know? Hmm???
My dad, born and raised in Dublin, Ireland, used to be fond of quoting Oscar Wilde's comment that Dublin is the largest open air asylum in the world. (I'm thinking this is the largest virtual asylum, in terms of geography, anyway.) Of course, I consider myself one of the caretakers, and not a resident.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Tony,

The voices tell me vitamin E is Evil - You see E for Evil?

I think Evel Kinevel was Evil, probably from taking too much vitamin E for all those broken bones.

So which came first do you suppose: Evel or his Evil?

I also have a friend named Bob. His last name isn't Kinevel, he doesn't take much vitamin E, and he's not particularly Evil.

So no.

Loren
Blaine McArthur

Post by Blaine McArthur »

I have a whistle.
Do you have a whistle?
Do you like whistles?
I like whistles.
I played the whistle.
Did you play the whistle?
Joe makes a whistle, ....

(Oooops, wrong thread. Hey, I'm not running into copyright/intellectual property problems here am I? I kind of doubt the intellectual part, but I'm not sure about the copyright issue.)

Actually Tony I did have a question, but it is the middle of the day, and I'm not really here.

Blaine
Mark_J

Post by Mark_J »

I'LL FILE SUIT!
Wait, those were not my words, I just reported them. I could get sued?

NEVERMIND
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

hmmm... The Tony that designed the halucinogenic styled lady of the lake bringing forth the excaliber whistle that adorns the Asylums tee-shirts. Thinks he's no longer a resident but rather a caretaker.... hmmm.... strange ....

Ahh.. Tony, just a reminder, the almonde oil with the vitamine-E goes inside the whistle, not the whistler...

Let see ... Loren's making Monty Python Fly Circus references and Tony's make Wild open air asylum reference, well I guess it the the same difference as long as you ...
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

"Ahh.. Tony, just a reminder, the almonde oil with the vitamine-E goes inside the whistle, not the whistler... "

Tony looks up in surprise with a shiny chin. Says, "If it's good for my whistle, it's good for me." Anyway, what's with all these extra "e's" in almond_ and vitamin_? Notice how I don't put in an unnecessarye "e" ande it workes juste fine?
Tonye
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

Here's a tip for American women who may travel to Ireland and are not totally familiar with Irish English. If you are staying with locals, and your host politely asks "What time shall I knock you up in the morning?" please don't slug him. He just wants to know what time you want to be WOKEN UP. I know that now.
Blaine McArthur

Post by Blaine McArthur »

OK, how about this:

Hay Tonee,

I hav a whistl.
Do you hav a whistl?
Do you lik whistls?
I lik whistls.
I playd the whistl.
Did you play th whistl?
Joe maks a whistl, ....
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Almond oil? Snipe? Jackalope oil?

Whatever happened to Guinness as a general purpose lubricant? Sheesh, what a buncha wimps!
sibyle

Post by sibyle »

"Almond oil? Snipe? Jackalope oil?"

It is not the resemblances, but the differences, which resemble each other....

what...????

Sibyle
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Blain, You'r a wis guy.
thomlarson

Post by thomlarson »

Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Brilliant Thom!

I always wondered how St. Paddy did that!