talbert

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
KDMARTINKY
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Out of the blackhole TstC emails me and asks me to do him a favor (sell some of his whistles). He asks me to put these on eBay under my account which was wierd after I found-out that he has his own eBay account. But the trade off was too tempting. He starts off by saying if you list my whistles on Ebay, I'll give you two brand new NR whistles (Mezzo Bb and Mezzo Tunable A).

I am not going to get into the details of this very disturbing deal and to cut to the chase this was a big mistake to accept his offer. I put my reputation on the line out of greed because of the Chieftain NR's he was offering.

Daniel he did the same for me making tapes, calling me all the time, etc.... Oh and sent me a autographed pic of him and DS in Ireland. (If it wasn't for the writting on the pic I would give it away).

The result of this mess is that:
1) I sold both whistles in the trade
2) I sold and gave away the tapes and his CDs and
3) I have lost all respect I had for him and if he was playing across the street, I would pull down the shades and turn up the Neil Young (The real Harvest Moon CD).

But I also gained two other great insights of the deal. 1) After listening to his tapes he has only one thing over me and other on this board. He paid out the money to make a CD other than that I consider many of you and myself included just as good, if not better( Im not saying he isn't talented, but) and
2) Learn someone history (Board Posts, Ebay feedback, etc) before dealing with someone, don't take that just because they consider themselves a "professional" that they really are one.

So now someone else can pick up the TstC shield and sword and defend him..... :boggle:
Last edited by KDMARTINKY on Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

Maybe he was the one who sold the O'riordhans on eBay for $4200?
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

Keith...did you ever get the "free" Chieftains?
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Emmline:

Yes I received the "free Chieftains" with the whistles he wanted me to sell on ebay. But beleive me they weren't free by no means.

They were mint (Mezzo Bb NR and mezzo A Tunable) but I sold both because everytime I played them (less than a handful of times) It reminded me of the deal and it was disruptive to my playing. So I sold both on eBay to a board member who is pleased with both. In turn, I bought a Burke Al Pro Low A and a Chieftain Tunable High E.

In the past I had bought to whistles from TstC and new how arrogant he was (you know the attitude that hey, I cut a CD so Im the professional), but until this dealing I had no idea. So lesson learned.

Would you like a signed TstC picture with DS. You'll only need to mark out my name LOL :lol:
Last edited by KDMARTINKY on Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keith

lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

i knew he was bad news, i had no contact with him at all. then this pm came out of the blue, :roll:

"If you are looking for a really great high end whistle a great Chieftain Mezzo-A thats about an inch & half longer than a high d. It's tunable brand new but not exactly cheap. It goes for around $220.00 and I am selling it for $180.00
If you think that you could use one of these please drop me a line in the future.

Good luck,

T.S.C."

i never mentioned i liked chieftains on this board, i'm allergic to aluminium whistles.
glauber

Post by glauber »

Flyingcursor wrote:Hey JessieD, where you been?
Selling whistles on eBay. :D
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Jim W

Post by Jim W »

When I saw the listings in the whistle forum a little while ago for the Chieftains, I was going to reply about the prices, but didn't want to get involved in a Talbert thread. Don't know if it's the same A whistle, but Elderly has them for $160.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Jim W wrote:When I saw the listings in the whistle forum a little while ago for the Chieftains, I was going to reply about the prices, but didn't want to get involved in a Talbert thread. Don't know if it's the same A whistle, but Elderly has them for $160.
Elderly's is THE store. I only go there if I can spend some money.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Dioes Elderly's have a website?
Keith

amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

susnfx

Post by susnfx »

It sounds as if Talbert is becoming the Nigerian money scam of the whistle world. I find it disturbing that he's using the board for email addresses (or PMs--whichever he's using) to advertise and sell whistles, and even more disturbing that he's asking folks to sell his whistles for him on eBay. I know that Dale doesn't read every single thread or post on the board, so I'm hopeful that those who have been contacted by Talbert in this way have told Dale about it.

Susan
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

i wonder what phil thinks about all this...talbert selling a cartload of brand-new NR-whistles..
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

amar wrote:i wonder what phil thinks about all this...talbert selling a cartload of brand-new NR-whistles..
Hmmmmmmm. Now, don't say it Wombat, don't say it.

Where's Bllomfield? It's his turn to play bad cop. :wink:
glauber

Post by glauber »

susnfx wrote:It sounds as if Talbert is becoming the Nigerian money scam of the whistle world.
I'm missing something here. What exactly is he doing that's wrong?
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

I've been watching this thread with some degree of amusement, but also some discomfort.
Regardless of the person involved, sitting here criticizing and making fun of one person doesn't seem altogether right. I'm not defending Talbert or anyone else in particular here. None of us is perfect. As a friend pointed out just yesterday, every time you point the finger at someone, three more are pointing back at YOU...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!