How many cats live with you?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

How many cats live with you?

none
29%
1 or two
47%
between three and five
20%
more than five
2%
thirty-seven
2%

Total votes: 51

jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

brewerpaul wrote:We have 3-- Josie, Sadie, and Izzy.
I knew Izzarina was really a cat!
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

One time my best friend's cat mildy attacked me and I got Cat Scratch Fever. It had given her cat scratch fever the previous month, so I couldn't go to the doctor because they would've notified the health department and could have taken her cat because I made the second (mabey third, I can't remember) person it'd given CSF.

It sucked.
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

I have one wonderful kitty named Ceili. I adopted her from the local animal shelter. She's a little cross-eyed, which is cute. She has a very obnoxious, whiney meow, which is not cute. She loves to play with the laser light toy, which is cute. She has a fetish for anything plastic - she licks the shower curtain liner, plastic shopping bags, artificial flowers, etc, etc, which is not cute. She's very cute when she's sleeping, not so cute when she is scooping all her food from her bowl onto the floor before she eats it (and of course leaves all the crumbs behind).

So, in short, she's a cat. I love her.

Beth
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

What is it with cats and making a point of sitting on things like bags, coats, books, or newspapers lying on the floor or bed? Any anomalous item becomes a throne, like.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

jsluder wrote:
brewerpaul wrote:We have 3-- Josie, Sadie, and Izzy.
I knew Izzarina was really a cat!
Meow! :wink:

I don't have any cats....we have allergies here. But FlyDood loves kittens :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Nanohedron wrote:What is it with cats and making a point of sitting on things like bags, coats, books, or newspapers lying on the floor or bed? Any anomalous item becomes a throne, like.
Female cats are technically called queens, are they not? :)
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Cranberry wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:What is it with cats and making a point of sitting on things like bags, coats, books, or newspapers lying on the floor or bed? Any anomalous item becomes a throne, like.
We call ours The Queen of The House. And she regards her scratching post as her throne - it makes her look like she's up on a pedestal.

She's particularly keen on climbing into my lap when I'm playing the whistle - then she'll try to investigate the whistle to see where the sound's coming from. I don't even want to think about what she'd do if I ever took up the pipes. :boggle:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cranberry wrote:
Only when they've kittled. I think.
Last edited by Nanohedron on Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Presently at double my maximum cat allowance (of 2).
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Some friends of ours used to have a cat that they had "trained" to stay off of their dining table. The cat would not set foot on the table... unless there was a piece of paper or other object to stand on; then it would very carefully sit completely on the paper, never touching the wood of the table. :)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Jack

Post by Jack »

I seem to remember JessieK having some cats....

;-)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

jsluder wrote:
Some friends of ours used to have a cat that they had "trained" to stay off of their dining table. The cat would not set foot on the table... unless there was a piece of paper or other object to stand on; then it would very carefully sit completely on the paper, never touching the wood of the table. :)
How like a cat! "I'm not, like, really ON the table. *cat smile*"

I'm sure cats get reincarnated into lawyers.
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

We all were tested for allergies recently. My wife and I both came up positive for cats. The doc proceeded to lecture us on "cat avoidance," which basically consists of no physical contact, or at the very least washing if you accidentally pet one or something.) I just about split a gut. This was probably the thousandth such lecture she'd given to cat lovers, so she knew enough to relent and say something like "well, at least vacuum a little more often."

Cats are just way cool.

Prrr. . .Prrr. . .
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Nanohedron wrote:One. She's enough, and a real cutie-pie. Sweet and wild, like Irish music.

Had four at one time, and they'd follow me on walkies to the park arrayed in an orderly line. People would freak out to see it.
None, at present. (Arleen's allergic). However, I was adopted by a black cat when I was four. At that time, I also had a beagle named Harry (I've never written his name until this day, but I requested that he be named Harry because he had hair all over) and a duck named Steven. The three of them would go for walks around the yard. The cat, being the smartest, would lead, the beagle, being of less intelligence than the cat, would take up the middle, and the duck, having no intelligence whatever, would follow the beagle. Once in awhile, you would hear brakes screech and someone exclaim, "Hermaaaan!!!! Would you look at THAT!!!!"

Best wishes,
Jerry
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Nanohedron wrote:I'm sure cats get reincarnated into lawyers.
Wives :roll:

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats