O'Riordan Huge Irish Whistle Set on EBay

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
KDMARTINKY
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

O'Riordan Huge Irish Whistle Set on EBay

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Nice set to rich for my blood....seller asking starting bid of $1200

O'Riordan Huge Irish Whistle Set - Flute tinwhistle
Nine keys, 6 Mouthpieces: Low D, E/F, G, A/Bb, C/D, Eb!

Heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 15411&rd=1
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
TooTs

Post by TooTs »

I would have thought she would have done better selling them seperately.
Last edited by TooTs on Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

That's not a he...its a she....wish there was a 'buy it now' option!
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
ErikT
antispam: No

Post by ErikT »

Boy, I guess she really has lost her Whoa. It's so sad when something that bad happens to someone you care about.

:( Erik
TooTs

Post by TooTs »

Sorry, i've corrected it.
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Tyghress wrote:That's not a he...its a she....wish there was a 'buy it now' option!
There was, she tried to sell this (or a similar) set on the board some time ago and has taken it to e-bay.

Edited to insert the previous offer made on this forum, gives an interesting price indication (I remembered it because I consider this sort of prices as absolute madness):
I have a set of O'Riordan traveller whistles (black anodized aluminum bodies, delrin mouthpieces and nickel-plated trim) that consists of (from low to high): Low D, Low E/F, Low G, A/Bb, C, and D/Eb (that's NINE different keys on six mouthpieces), all in nice handmade roll-up bags. They are in new condition. I have been offered $6,000 for the set. I told the person I would pose it to the forum, because a lot of people want these and would be mad at me if I didn't at least give the opportunity to say no. So, if you want to offer me more than $6000, please contact me.

I will keep a running tally of the highest offer. At some point (maybe in a week or so), I will sell the set. I will give individuals who contact me the right to decline to make a higher offer before I commit to selling to someone. So I guess it's a private auction with a rather high starting bid.
Last edited by Cayden on Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

If nominated, I will not bid; if elected, I will not pay.

Nice set; but I won't be entering this competition. I just wanted to win one e-bay auction and am happy with the Traveller C/D set I won months ago. I already have the Low G and D, and am awaiting a Bflat/A set from Pat, so my Travelling days are over.

As a collector, there's just something special about these whistles. That said, as a player (wannabe), though I haven't picked up anything in several months but my Burke black tip D and Sindt C and occasionally Copeland G and Burke Viper for some moody airs. And I play every day.

Good luck to all!

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I'd guess that these will go for at least twice the current bid, presumably quite a bit more. Even if people are put off by the large number offered, some investor will realise that they can be bought together and sold on separately.

Whilst I'd love to try an O'Riordan or two to see what they are like and own them if they are as nice as people say, I'm not ever going to pay the prices they are fetching now. No whistle is worth that much to me. If I could currently afford this set, I'd buy another button box.
Wanderer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

ErikT wrote:Boy, I guess she really has lost her Whoa. It's so sad when something that bad happens to someone you care about.

:( Erik
When I see auctions like I that, I tend to think in terms of lost jobs. I suppose based upon my own history.

I really hope that the reason for the sale is as benign as lost Whoa.

I'd have bought them in 2000, when I was awash in internet dot-com money ;)
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

It appears that the seller is Jessie Driscoll (selling on eBay as 2Driscolls).

Jessie's mentioned before on the board that she's selling some of her impressive whistle collection to convert the investment to savings for her daughter's education.

Best wishes,
Jerry
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

Jerry Freeman wrote:It appears that the seller is Jessie Driscoll (selling on eBay as 2Driscolls).

Jessie's mentioned before on the board that she's selling some of her impressive whistle collection to convert the investment to savings for her daughter's education.

Best wishes,
Jerry
a baby can make a lot of sense :lol:
alespa
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Re: O'Riordan Huge Irish Whistle Set on EBay

Post by alespa »

KDMARTINKY wrote:Nice set to rich for my blood....
But I see there's another whistle on ebay that's not TOO rich, eh? :D
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

LOL any whistle between $3 and $300 is fair game, but $1200 LOL :lol:
First I would have to get $1200 for the whistles and another $2000 for a divorce lawyer. Then about $400 to $600 for child support.

LOL...No, $1200 is just to rich for me. :P
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
alespa
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

You could always buy them and turn around and break them up individually???? I think there are enough different people out there that would love to buy one or a few, but I can't imagine many people who will pay for them all at once for the same money . . .
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

KDMARTINKY wrote:LOL any whistle between $3 and $300 is fair game, but $1200 LOL :lol:
First I would have to get $1200 for the whistles and another $2000 for a divorce lawyer. Then about $400 to $600 for child support.

LOL...No, $1200 is just to rich for me. :P
And $1200 doesn't even meet the reserve, as you can see on the Ebay page. I imagine that to meet the reserve, you'd have to multiply the number of whistles by about $600.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato