Unique Opportunity to acquire pipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Steve Pribyl
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steve Pribyl »

I bought the set because

( ) a: I have absolutely no intention of playing the pipes. I'm a shill. In fact, Lewis is actually keeping the pipes and will sell them again in 6 months and split the money with me. I might even "buy" them from him again. Call me "Chico".

( ) b. I'm changing my name to "Tsumura" and writing a book filled with glossy illustrations of my enormous collection of instruments. The book will be published for two days only last year, so you can only buy it at exorbitant prices next year.

( ) c: I'm the illegitmate son of the unholy union of DQ and BK and I am doing this to drive up the cost of pipes so my papa(s) will have enough money to pay for a decent education for me. (I always wondered why my adopted parents called me "Steve Kyankyu". I thought I was asian for the longest time.)

( ) d: I squandered this first half-century of my life on cheap wooden flutes and loose tenor banjos which I can now use as kindling. I decided that the only REAL instrument is a set of uilleann pipes. D'ARCY BE PRAISED!

( ) e: None of the above.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Congratulations on the new member to your family. I am sure it will provide you with a lifetime of excellent music!!! :)
eskin

Post by eskin »

Steve, we're all going to have to take you out back at Gabriel's and beat the living cra*p out of you... Its an SCUPC tradition... :twisted:

Well, I'm glad it will be in the SoCal family... Our goal, total world accumulation of all K&Q sets, then we'll corner the market on arundo donax through an aggressive domestic and international slash and burn policy (rolled into the Patriot Act 3)...

See you Sunday...
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

eskin wrote:...then we'll corner the market on arundo donax through an aggressive domestic and international slash and burn policy (rolled into the Patriot Act 3)...
...I see that I am going to have to invest in fortifications, troops and arms/munitions for the defense of Florida's ellusive Arundo Donax (L.) cane breaks... rats! :D
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

(x) f: All of the above.

:boggle:

PD.

Post by Guest »

My
Last edited by Guest on Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snoogie

Post by snoogie »

neill41 wrote:My gutterings just blown down, my clutch is slipping on my car, my son wants £30 for football training (real football not that american tosh) but hell, what have i just done...............only gone and bought myself a fully keyed Brian Howard chanter!
Anyone got any speaking engagements??????

You only live once
Sure...just go to 4 years of university, then medical school...work 15-20 years in a profession where others are interested in the latested advances and you have some thing to contribute...oh, not to mention long hours and hours of study and residency.

THEN someone might be interested in what you have to say. :roll:
josh perkins

Post by josh perkins »

Damn, man, that field sounds a lot more taxing than I realized.....you have to work both long hours and regular hours and keep up with the latested? I guess I'll go back to being a peon. :twisted:
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

I missed that Steve bought Lewis' pipes (on travel) until today's meeting... and yes, Southern California will be the PIPING CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE; well, then, maybe not ;-)

PS- I'm really glad Steve got Lewis' pipes; we won't have to OOOH and AHHH over Patrick's set, which I saw up close today- really cool stuff and it sounds as good as it looks..