Anything I Should Do in Milwaukee?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
rebl_rn
antispam: No

Post by rebl_rn »

Ditto on Kopps - it's to die for. I was there last Saturday, the flavor of the day was Grasshopper Fudge - yummmmmmmmmmy! http://www.kopps.com/

Will, I bet the restaurant you're thinking of is Maders. Award winning German food. There are lots of other good restaurants too, check out the Third Ward for some good eats.

A MUST is the Safe House http://www.safe-house.com/. You'll have a blast. I know the password and the "secret entrance", but if I told you I'd have to kill you........

The Milwaukee Public Museum is a good one, if you like that thing. And the Art Museum is very nice, too, and you have to go see it for the awesome "wings" on it.

There's the Harley Davidson plant of course, I think they have tours. And I KNOW the Miller Brewery has tours, with free samples at the end.

Oh gosh I know there's lots of other stuff but I'm drawing a blank right now. I'll post more when I think of it.

Beth
Last edited by rebl_rn on Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I don't know, but it makes sound like we're full of ourselves. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that there are many state universities in Ohio, all of which could call themselves an Ohio state university, but there is only one Ohio State University.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Say Hi to my cousin! :lol:

Seriously, I remember the museum was really nice and there's 3 domes/greenhouses someplace in town that you can go through.
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

Yeah, the Mitchell Park conservatory, AKA "The Domes". That was one of the other things I was trying to think of! http://www.countyparks.com/horticulture/domes/

If you like ice skating, you can go to the Pettit National Ice Center, where the Olympic speed skaters train - they have open skate often, on the speed skating oval. I was amazed how big that thing is, it took me about 5 minutes to go around it and these guys go around in, like, 30 seconds.
http://www.thepettit.com/

The Milwaukee Zoo is a great zoo, though this isn't the best time of year for outdoor things in Milwaukee.

Beth
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Jeff Stallard

Post by Jeff Stallard »

Excellent suggestions! Thank you very much!
"Reality is the computer hardware, and religions are the operating systems: abstractions that allow us to interact with, and draw meaning from, a reality that would otherwise be incomprehensible."
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

Martin Milner wrote:Is that where you drive along a suburban road, a friend with a baseball bat hanging out the passenger side window, and see if s/he can knock letterboxes off their posts? :wink:
oooo...that's lots of fun. Just make sure the bat is a Louisville Slugger. It just FEELS better when you hit with it :wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

aderyn_du wrote: She's also one of those rare sorts that still sends real letters, by regular mail!! :boggle: .
People actually DO that, in this day and age? Writing on PAPER? With a PEN?????? :o
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

izzarina wrote:
aderyn_du wrote: She's also one of those rare sorts that still sends real letters, by regular mail!! :boggle: .
People actually DO that, in this day and age? Writing on PAPER? With a PEN?????? :o

Wait. Let me see if I understand. You use a metacarpal-phalange driven ink spreading device on refined wood pulp? To communicate? Wow. You are rustic. Do you make your own soap and churn your own butter? :boggle:
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

izzarina wrote:People actually DO that, in this day and age? Writing on PAPER? With a PEN?????? :o
Yep! I even use a dip pen and inkwell.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

rebl_rn wrote:Will, I bet the restaurant you're thinking of is Maders. Award winning German food. There are lots of other good restaurants too, check out the Third Ward for some good eats.
Beth
I've heard a lot of good things about Maders as well, Beth. But I've never eaten there in my 2 trips to Milwaukee. The place I was thinking of is Karl Ratzsch's Restaurant. When we ate there (several years ago), the food was great and the portions were huge. For German food, Ratzsch's is second in my book only to the Berghoff in Chicago.

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!