Can you find Dick Cheney in this photo?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
OnTheMoor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by OnTheMoor »

There are also more posts on Amar having a cold. Should we create a thread to congratulate whomever on the Iraqi election and insist that it always have more posts than any other thread on the board?

Dick dressed up like a goof, what does that have to do with Iraq?
brianc

Post by brianc »

Nothing.

And that's the whole point.

Who cares more about one than the other?
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

brianc wrote:Nothing.

And that's the whole point.

Who cares more about one than the other?
Give it a rest already.
IRTradRU?
IRTradRU?

Post by IRTradRU? »

anniemcu wrote: We *must* look at, recognize and take responsibility for our hand in this, rather than sit back, with out thumbs in our bracers and attempt to take credit for the freeing of Iraq.

This has not been an honest effort on our nation's part. Not to the citizens of Iraq, nor to the citizens of the US.

Well, in my view, I'd have to say that their ACTIONS on Sunday speak volumes about what they have long waited for.

And how much longer should we have waited to do something about the injustice ? The fact is, Saddam Hussein came to power because well-intentioned people did sit back and they did nothing.

"We" (UN inclusive) had sanctions in place for 12 years, and still "nothing" was being done. But the 'authority' that put those sanctions in place (the UN) were secretly on the take during those 12 years (Kofi's son in it up to his ears, along with numerous other top dogs at the UN).

So - should we have waited another 12 years?

And now I find I have to repeat the question... rhetorical though it may be - what would YOU give for your freedom?
IRTradRU?
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

OnTheMoor wrote:There are also more posts on Amar having a cold. Should we create a thread to congratulate whomever on the Iraqi election and insist that it always have more posts than any other thread on the board?

hey, that was a bad cold..
:D
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

IRTradRU? wrote:What I find curious (and sad) is that there are more posts and concern (and petty insults, too) to whine about someone's choice of warm weather clothing than there are to rejoice in the fact that elections have just been brought to Iraq... and in less than 2 years' time, no less.
I suspect people feel more qualified to comment on the former.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Regardless of all else, I want one of those hats like the guy behind Cheney is wearing. I've wanted one for years. I don't want a cheap copy I want a real Russian one. Anybody here from Russia?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Just a point for the Americans on the board to consider: This man was representing you. What would you have worn if you'd been there yourself?
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I would have wore what everyone else wore. Including the great hat.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Cheney needs a Gentleman's Personal Gentleman.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Just another thought (they tend to come in dribs and drabs with a brain like mine).

Surely there must have been quite a large group of American lesser dignitaries present who wouldn't have been so 'front row'. I'd have thought at least one of them would have spotted the disparity in outfit and had the sense to say "Ayup Dick (excuse me Mr Cheyney Sir), swap coats with me coz I'll be out of site round the back of the group"

When all's said and done it's what's in his heart and mind that counts and that's something I don't know enough about to comment on.
(BTW, my name is John)
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

IRTradRU? wrote:And now I find I have to repeat the question... rhetorical though it may be - what would YOU give for your freedom?
Your life.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

gonzo914 wrote:
IRTradRU? wrote:And now I find I have to repeat the question... rhetorical though it may be - what would YOU give for your freedom?
Your life.
Er, just to clarify - was that the life of gonzo914 or IRTradRU you're willing to give?
(BTW, my name is John)
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Ah, yes . . . the price of Freedom. Actually, you know, your question isn't totally rhetorical. In case you've forgotten, there's a war raging on the other side of the globe. During WW-2, when people felt their homes, families, and way of life were threatened, they enlisted to go overseas by the millions. Now, we don't see that. I wonder why? Lord knows that the President has two seemingly healthy daughters who could carry a rifle as ably as the next American. In my opinion, this would send a clear message to the rest of the world just how dire the circumstances are. But why aren't they fighting and bleeding shoulder to shoulder with their fellow Americans? I don't know. Are they less patriotic than those who have chosen to fight? I don't know.

I don't know, because they aren't here to ask. But you are here to ask. If you are writing your posts from a bunker over there, I appologize. Otherwise, why aren't you serving and bleeding with your fellow Americans? Don't you value your freedom enough to fight for it in Iraq? Mine is not a rhetorical question.

Will O'Ban
Last edited by Will O'B on Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

amar wrote:
OnTheMoor wrote:There are also more posts on Amar having a cold. Should we create a thread to congratulate whomever on the Iraqi election and insist that it always have more posts than any other thread on the board?

hey, that was a bad cold..
:D
:P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.