got a bad cold

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

GaryKelly wrote:Each cold lasting only 4 years and two months...
:lol:
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

amar wrote:
emmline wrote:Not to be obnoxious, or evangelical or anything, in light of the brand spankin' new C&F recipe thread...but the year I gave up meat (1993 to be specific,) I had spent an entire winter on this cycle: 2 weeks with a cold, two week recovery, followed immediately by the next 2 week cold. I quit meat. I've had about 2 (oh...maybe 3) serious colds since then.
c'mon now, you can't really be insinuating that vegetarianism leads to having less colds!? :roll:
Now I come to think about it, I've never seen a carrot with a runny nose.

OTOH, I have seen lots of cows with runny noses, and they're vegetarian.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Martin Milner wrote:OTOH, I have seen lots of cows with runny noses, and they're vegetarian.
Well.... they're supposed to be anyway.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I actually got a cold last week too, oddly enough. Even skipped a day of class. :o

First one I've had in <i>years</i> that actually gave me a fever or more than just a case of the sniffles.

I blame it on school. Too much stress and all that. Bad for your health. :P
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
emmline

Post by emmline »

Martin Milner wrote:
amar wrote:
emmline wrote:Not to be obnoxious, or evangelical or anything, in light of the brand spankin' new C&F recipe thread...but the year I gave up meat (1993 to be specific,) I had spent an entire winter on this cycle: 2 weeks with a cold, two week recovery, followed immediately by the next 2 week cold. I quit meat. I've had about 2 (oh...maybe 3) serious colds since then.
c'mon now, you can't really be insinuating that vegetarianism leads to having less colds!? :roll:

No insinuations, not at least that I'd try to apply to anyone else, but I believe that my immune system functions better without animal protein. This isn't a preach, just a personal observation.
amar

Post by amar »

emmline wrote:
Martin Milner wrote:
amar wrote: c'mon now, you can't really be insinuating that vegetarianism leads to having less colds!? :roll:

No insinuations, not at least that I'd try to apply to anyone else, but I believe that my immune system functions better without animal protein. This isn't a preach, just a personal observation.
ok, pefectly acceptable. :)
Montana

Post by Montana »

Going back to your original inquiry, amar...
I had a friend who would sneeze about 6-7 times in rapid succession whenever he sneezed (not just in connection with a cold). Luckily they weren't large sneezes but I always expected him to pass out by the time he was done due to lack of air.
When I sneeze, I'm usually a two-sneezer but I have time to draw breath in between...
Jack

Post by Jack »

emmline wrote:No insinuations, not at least that I'd try to apply to anyone else, but I believe that my immune system functions better without animal protein. This isn't a preach, just a personal observation.
Of course not...I'm the one who does the preaching. ;-)

MEAT SUCKS!!!!
amar

Post by amar »

no way, i luuuuuuuuuv meat. ;)

but let's not turn this into a you-know-what kind of thread..

anyway, my cold is much better, prob cuz i hardly ate any meat over the weekend. teehee.. :D

oh...except on Saturday, i had chicken then. ;)

by the way cran, your avatar's quite funny. :D
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Montana wrote: When I sneeze, I'm usually a two-sneezer but I have time to draw breath in between...
I tend to sneeze in twos as well. Thank goodness that I've never had rapid fire sneezing like you described amar. It sounds annoying
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I've had violent sneezing fits that lasted a full minute or longer. Allergies suck.
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
amar

Post by amar »

izzarina wrote:
Montana wrote: When I sneeze, I'm usually a two-sneezer but I have time to draw breath in between...
I tend to sneeze in twos as well. Thank goodness that I've never had rapid fire sneezing like you described amar. It sounds annoying
it's something i hadn't experienced before, quite amazing, with one breath, two rapid sneezes in succession, then one more, like:
bangbang.......bang
:D [/i]
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Martin Milner wrote:

Well, there you have it! Proof that milk causes mucus.