I'm so impatient!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

I'm so impatient!

Post by Wanderer »

Before my son was born, I would always give my wife her birhday presents early, and let her open Christmas presents early. I just have a hard time waiting! (Now, of course, we wait until the right days, to give him some structure and help teach him the patience I wish I had)

For that reason, I almost always buy whistles second hand. The few times I've been on a waiting list--Laughing and Greenwood whistles--have been nerve-wracking for me.

Now, here I am waiting for several sets of whistles...I'm dying here!

Hopefully, I'll have in my hands a Jubilee, an S.B.Z.E., and an Eiden whistle in a few weeks. I don't think any of these have been really thoroughly reviewed here, so I'm totally stoked.

I guess I could have waited to post something when the whistles were actually in my hands, but I just couldn't wait... I had to share the excitement or bust ;)
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

The best way to deal with the impatience is to constantly have a whistle on its way to you in the mail. Then you can at least say on a regular basis, that you just picked up a new whistle. :D
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I am on Grinter's list (low F) and Bleazey's list (Bb and A) and it has not been too bad. Of course I have dealt for an O'Riordan set, a Greenwood set and a couple of others (including a Bass A Bernard Overton) in the meantime. :twisted:

BTW, other than a little warm up clogging on the Greenwood, I like their full, round sound.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Wanderer
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

IDAwHOa wrote:I am on Grinter's list (low F) and Bleazey's list (Bb and A) and it has not been too bad. Of course I have dealt for an O'Riordan set, a Greenwood set and a couple of others (including a Bass A Bernard Overton) in the meantime. :twisted:

BTW, other than a little warm up clogging on the Greenwood, I like their full, round sound.
Me too...Whitmores happened to get one recently and he says it's a bit buzzy on the high A and B. He's played mine, so already knew what to expect. I'm going to check it out next week at session and see what I think.
colomon
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

I'm on O'Riordan's list for five whistles (in descending order, Bb, A, G, F, and E).... about 28 months and counting now. :)
Sol's Tunes (new tune 2/2020)
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I would die. I had a hard time waiting a month for my GHBs to show up. I could never do 28.
Wanderer
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Same here. It's why I never got on his list when I had the money. I occasionally said "Well, I see O'Riordan's pop up for sale. I'll just wait til I can get one secondhand"

Now, of course, I can't really afford one even secondhand ;)

Patience is indeed a virtue
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

If only I could afford all the instruments I wanted...
blackhawk

Re: I'm so impatient!

Post by blackhawk »

Wanderer wrote:
Hopefully, I'll have in my hands a Jubilee, an S.B.Z.E., and an Eiden whistle in a few weeks.
I'll be curious to hear about the SBZE whistle when you get it. Did the maker give you an estimated time of arrival for it?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Wanderer
100 characters? Geeze.

Re: I'm so impatient!

Post by Wanderer »

blackhawk wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Hopefully, I'll have in my hands a Jubilee, an S.B.Z.E., and an Eiden whistle in a few weeks.
I'll be curious to hear about the SBZE whistle when you get it. Did the maker give you an estimated time of arrival for it?
"Several weeks"..no specific time. Could also get held up in international shipping for who knows how long...
ChaoticGemini
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ChaoticGemini »

You had to mention waiting for whitles?! :twisted:

I have been trying not to think about waiting for mine. It's only been a couple of weeks, so I have a LONG time still to wait.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Wanderer wrote:
IDAwHOa wrote:I am on Grinter's list (low F) and Bleazey's list (Bb and A) and it has not been too bad. Of course I have dealt for an O'Riordan set, a Greenwood set and a couple of others (including a Bass A Bernard Overton) in the meantime. :twisted:

Me too...Whitmores happened to get one recently and he says it's a bit buzzy on the high A and B. He's played mine, so already knew what to expect. I'm going to check it out next week at session and see what I think.
Please let me know (PM ok) about the Grinter. I am very interested in what your opinion is of it.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus