The niftiest whistle ever!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tillek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tillek »

Check out this whistle. I found it on http://www.pan-flute.com (yet another interesting insturment but too expensive for me) He had his whistle made by somebody named Pat O'riordan. All I know is that I really want it.

Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

Hmmm... that name sounds familiar :smile:

Check out the Chiff and Fipple main web site, expensive whistles listing http://www.chiffandfipple.com/Expens.html

Teri
Mark_J

Post by Mark_J »

On 2001-08-11 18:43, Tillek wrote:
Check out this whistle. I found it on http://www.pan-flute.com (yet another interesting insturment but too expensive for me) He had his whistle made by somebody named Pat O'riordan. All I know is that I really want it.

Pat made me a blackwood D as shown in the picture. It is one of my sweetest whistles. It runs about $125. About the best bang for buck ratio I have purchased. Please remember that your pan flute/new age guy loaded scads of digital/electronic effects to the whistle sound, not including the sea gulls (my ornitoholgy professor would be angry that I wrote "sea gull," there is no such thing as a sea gull) and waves crashing on the shore. If you want one be patient. It took mine 23 months and three weeks, one day, seven hours, and twenty three minutes to arrive. FYI Joanie Madden plays Pat's whistles. She does some neat things with them.
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

Be patient, and get in the order now! Mr O'Riordan is, alas, getting up there in the years. :sad:

I was playing one of his whistles in cocobolo the other day, which belonged to a piper I met at Noel Hill's recent concert here. I couldn't find anything about it that I didn't like. O'Riordan's definitely a master of the trade. <ul>-Rich</ul>
Eldarion

Post by Eldarion »

I just got my O'Riordan a few weeks back in low G and I like it very much. It's timbre is very unique, hard to describe. Thats the most outstanding thing about the whistle. Its also very pretty to look at (as you can see from the picture), and I don't have any qualms about breath requirements, which are reasonable, as well as the octave changes.

For a while I was regretted having not ordering more keys when I received the whistle. These are great whistles at very good prices. Its just the wait is pretty long because of the handcrafting.

In case you're wondering whats that red thing on the mouthpiece, thats Pats latest innovation, which is a rubber mouthpiece protector, that can be modified into a auxillary mouthpiece sheath that allows others to play your whistle without having their lips to be in direct contact with the whistle.