disorientation...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
emmline
antispam: No

disorientation...

Post by emmline »

pant...pant...wow. My old faithful bookmark just took me to a forum filled almost entirely with...whistle related topics!

Surreal.
Have bookmarked the Pub.
Jayhawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

It's bizarre isn't it? I'll get used to it, but being primarily a fluter I'll probably visit here more often.

Eric
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

It's okay, Emm... I'm currently doing deep-breathing techniques to ward off my change-related panic attack....

::it will be okay, it will be okay, it will be okay::
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

I did the same thing until I realized that I'd walked into the wrong place. Silly me :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

Considering that about 95% of my posts are either OT or CTL-related, I'll probably spend a lot of time here! :D
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I'm going to save a lot of time not having to read those pesky 'OT' disclaimers.

Thanks Dale.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

I go away for a couple of days and come back to find everybody packed up and moved. I tell you it's deja vu . . . only I was in college and came home to find a "sold" sign on my parents' empty house. For a moment I started to feel abandoned again. MOMMY . . . :sniffle:

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

*Carefully peeks around corner.... sniffs the air... tip toes into the room... tentativly pulls up a chair, has a seat and sighs....*

This... this might be okay. 8)

:) Sara (who just needs a few days to properly adjust)
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

*Zooms in, orders a bottle of Magners at the Bar, joins the group of old friends at communal table.

Smiles at Sunny, consoles Will, grins at FJohn and Brass, gurns at Izzy and Ad, shakes his tic tacs at Jay and Emm.

Pulls out fiddle from case and plays "The Rights of Man", very badly, with many pauses and backtracks. The high Bs are like fingers on a chalkboard. Puts fiddle away again, to rapturous silence.*

I'm not normally a pub person in real life. Pubs (in England) are still generally smoky, noisy, full of the buzz of electronic gaming machines, or with a big screen sports game on. The noisiest have bouncers on the door in the evenings. Not my scene.

This pub, well, it's different. They serve any drink you can think of, and even the alcoholic ones don't get you drunk. The company is excellent, the ambience has an air of... je ne c'est quoi.

I'll generally be drinking tea while in this pub, with the occasional whisky and coke or cider in the evening.

At last, I can get down to the serious business of having fun with a worldwide bunch of friends who have one common interest.

Life and all that entails (except whistles).
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

I know it's the weekend, but I logged on using my cellphone and PDA just to see if there'd been any changes... and lo! There have been!

"Whatever happened to the PSWB?"
"I thought we were the PSWB?"
"Fark off! PSWB? Splitters!"
"Splitters!"
"We're the PSP!"

Tis good to be here :)

But not on a cellphone, so adieu til Monday!
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
missy

Post by missy »

Hey! ya'll can't hide from me that easily!! :D

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

glad you all found your way to my pub. drinks are on me. :D
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Whew! found it! Thanks Amar! I'll have one :)

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

You know, now that I've slept on it, I think I'm going to like it here... I can post wacky things-- and even start brand new threads about wacky things-- without feeling like a large mob of angry people bearing whistles were going to come after me. ;) This could do wonders for my self-esteem. Though I really do regret not waiting one day to post that public toilet commentary...dubh was right, it would have made a lovely first post here. ::sigh::

Not one person has said anything about my lovely Magenta head avatar. This makes me a bit sad.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

That avatar is so, so, magenta...and heady! :D