Cigar or Cigarette

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

Cigar or cigarette?

Cigar
30%
Cigarette
16%
I love'em both
4%
I hate'em both
50%

Total votes: 50

Tak_the_whistler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Cigar or Cigarette

Post by Tak_the_whistler »

Which do you enjoy?
<><
Tak
---------------------------------------
<b>"Nothing can be yours by nature."</b>
--- Lewis
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

cigar only
Tak_the_whistler

Post by Tak_the_whistler »

which is more likely to be featured in this film;

http://waroftheworlds.com/

a cigar or a whistle? :lol:
<><
Tak
---------------------------------------
<b>"Nothing can be yours by nature."</b>
--- Lewis
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

There should have beeen a category for "other". We are perpetuating the myth that only cigars and cigarettes are smoked, and discriminating against those who seek an alternative inhalation solution.

Note: Continually being edited as righteous umbrage sets in.
Last edited by StewySmoot on Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

What about pipes? I don't think pipes are as popular as they once were.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Flyingcursor wrote:What about pipes? I don't think pipes are as popular as they once were.
what are you talking about?? they are very popular here: http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewforum.php?f=6
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

amar wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote:What about pipes? I don't think pipes are as popular as they once were.
what are you talking about?? they are very popular here: http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewforum.php?f=6

:lol: :lol:

I wonder how tobacco would burn in those.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I can truly say I loved every cigarette I smoked, and will always miss them. I still love the smell of cigarettes, and prefer hanging out with smokers.

I never cared much for cigars, but did enjoy a pipe on occasion when I was younger.

As for other smokables, well...it was only one time, and I didn't inhale! :lol:

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Ro3b

Post by Ro3b »

"A cigar is a banana for the monkey of the soul." (Tom Robbins)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

I love the smell of a pipe. It has a pleasant smell, whereas a really cheap cigar does not. But if you spend a bit more for the cigar, it doesn't have that harsh smell. My husband likes Onyx Reserve Robustos, and I don't mind their smell. Just in case anyone is interested :wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

I'd love to try a good cigar sometime, just so that I could say that I have. I used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE smoking clove cigarettes and I still jones for one from time to time...especially when I'm trying to write, or if I'm out with friends drinking. But I try to (and usually do) resist.

I can't smoke the other unmentionable stuff, it just makes me fall asleep.
Random notes

Post by Random notes »

I'm as pipe smoker - the tobacco type, not the underarm octopus referred to by Amar. And the largest contingent in my collection are from Peterson, Dublin. BTW, they can be dated by the location stamp: new ones are stamped "Made in the Republic of Ireland" and the ones made before 1949 are stamped "Made in Ireland". The Pre-Republic pipes are harder to get and they really do well with the English-Oriental blends I like. I have several that I smoke regularly and one that is actually unsmoked in the original box. (No, I didn't buy it new). Peterson pipes from 1927 (?) thru 1937 are stamped "Irish Free State", but I've never actually seen one.

But back on topic - I have had a number of women friends (and a couple of women I didn't even know) tell me my pipe smells wonderful. I have never heard a woman say anything about a cigar except "That thing stinks". Even Izzarina, who obviously loves her hubby very much can only muster a polite "Well, the expensive ones aren't too bad."

As for the other smoking mixture, yeah I used to and I don't mind if you do, just don't let me catch you stuffing it into one of my GOOD pipes.

Roger
Last edited by Random notes on Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

aderyn_du wrote:I'd love to try a good cigar sometime, just so that I could say that I have.
The key is to get a GOOD one. Don't settle for anything but the best....and it's important to note that the best doesn't always mean the most expensive. If you smoke a cheap one, you'll hate it...they are way more harsh than even Marlboros (which I used to smoke...and I totally understand about your wanting one still. I do too from time to time). Also, get one from an actual humidor because if the cigar is really dry, it also tastes really harsh. Most "smoke shops" have a walk in humidor where you can get a decent cigar that's not all dried out and nasty.
My biggest problem with cigars is that they are too big for me. Instead I've had the little cigars that are in a tin. They aren't as great because they are not long leaf (most GOOD cigars are made of whole tobacco leaves rather than chopped up stuff like cigarettes have), but at least the leaf is the same as the ones they put in their regular cigars. Macanudo makes a decent "little" cigar, as does Onyx Reserve. These do tend to be dry, however, and if you don't have a humidor then they aren't all that good to smoke. But if you do buy some of these, you CAN make your own humidor to fix them. Just take a small Tupperware type container, put the cigars into it with a couple of wet paper towels. This will help to rehydrate them to a certain extent.
WHEW!!! I think that about sums it all up... :lol:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Each to their own. I'm a cigarette smoker (still), and I can't stand a cigar unless I'm the one smoking it. Got up and left a session once because two punters sat down next to us and began lavishly smoking some really skanky cigars. I just couldn't do it. Their relish tells me that they probably paid a lot for them. Oooookaaay....
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Random notes wrote:I'm as pipe smoker - the tobacco type, not the underarm octopus referred to by Amar.
bah...what does amar know anyway :roll:
I'm as pipe smoker - the tobacco type, not the underarm octopus referred to by Amar. And the largest contingent in my collection are from Peterson, Dublin.
My husband has Peterson pipes as well and he really likes them. He's weird about them though....he has this obsession where he says he needs more and more pipes for whatever reason. It's not like he can smoke all of them at once. He's always looking for new ones that he can buy in different shapes and sizes and all of that. I just can't relate :wink: He also likes the Peterson tobacco, but has found a new place to buy his tobacco that he seems like better. It's called The Briary and they have some called "Yorkshire Blend" that he really likes. And it is some of the best smelling stuff he's had.
Yes, I do like the pipe smell way better than the cigar :wink: