wacky weather

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

Walden wrote:
peeplj wrote:
Cranberry wrote:Perhaps the end is near. Perhaps we should repent.
Contemplata apacolypsum?

:o

--Jacobius
cunctis diebus terrae sementis et messis frigus et aestus aestas et hiemps nox et dies non requiescent
Very fitting quote, Walden

"All the days of the earth, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, night and day, shall not cease."
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
toughknot

Post by toughknot »

The integrety of the ozone layer has been compromised.
The magnetic poles are currently reversing and have undergone tremendous change in the southern hemisphere. :o
I shall never bitter be so long as I can laugh at me.
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Mamma Gaia is pissed!
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

It's 7am on the New England coast. It's 58 degrees. The wind is howling in from the southeast and we expect to be in the 20's tonight. We get this sort of weather swing a lot.

Folks often talk about global warming. While warming is probably at the root of all this, the effects that we all see are more accurately called global climate change. As the planet warms, weather patterns shift. Jet streams move around and send storms and systems to new places. Put another way, we're having a very abrupt, huge planetary weather swap. The wierd weather you have today actually belongs to your neighbors 500 or 1000 miles away. Your weather has gone off to someone else who probably doesn't like it as much as you did. Oh well.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Today it is cold and rainy again, so I'm less paranoid.

But I'm still schizophrenic, dammit.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

dwinterfield wrote:Your weather has gone off to someone else who probably doesn't like it as much as you did. Oh well.
I can handle that part. I just wish that my neighbor's who are sending me their weather would make up their minds WHICH neighbor is doing the sending! :P We are also cold (down to the 30s after being in the 70s yesterday :boggle: ) and have had a mix rather than just rain.
By the way, in an attempt to control things, I would like my neighbors from some South Pacific island to send me their weather next. So if there's anyone from Hawaii here, please send it off as soon as possible. I'll pay shipping :wink:
Danner

Post by Danner »

This is so weird! Here (northern Illinois) there was a bad thunderstorm on Wed. It was 50 degrees out! Today (Friday) when I got home from school, the thermometer said it was 6. There was a segment about the weird weather on the news this morning. It was the kinda thing where they talk a lot and sound really technical but don't end up really saying anthing.
"'Tis deeds, not blood, which determine the worth of a being." -Dennis L. McKiernan
Harpgal

Post by Harpgal »

Ice storm in the Portland OR metro area today.

Shoulda seen the cars spinning out on the bridges...they finally closed a couple of the bridges.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Sixty degrees F day before yesterday, foot and a half of snow in the last 24 hours, bare ground 15 miles away. Perfectly normal.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Daniel_Bingamon

Re: OT: wacky weather

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

izzarina wrote:I swear this weather is just plain WEIRD! All the rain in CA, big time snow in AZ. Here in my part of the Ohio Valley, we are in the 70's. My Spring flowers are coming up, only to be wiped out when we go back down to the 20s tomorrow. We also have had too much rain, which has caused numerous mudslides, and 2 floods in as many weeks. ........Is anything weird going on with anyone else's weather?
Cincinnati, it's strange here also. First we had the big snowstorm around Christmas, then it all melts in about a week. Then gets cold, then it get's near 70, now it's cold again 19 Deg.F. What next? (Maybe I shouldn't ask).
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
izzarina

Re: OT: wacky weather

Post by izzarina »

Daniel_Bingamon wrote:Cincinnati, it's strange here also. First we had the big snowstorm around Christmas, then it all melts in about a week. Then gets cold, then it get's near 70, now it's cold again 19 Deg.F. What next? (Maybe I shouldn't ask).
I'm thinking that perhaps you shouldn't..... :lol:
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! :roll:
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Approximately 73 degrees last week, 29 degrees today. Image

Of course, it could be worse. I could live in that town in Minnesota that I heard about on the car radio this morning... -54 degrees, and that was without a windchill factor! :shock:
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

aderyn_du wrote:Of course, it could be worse. I could live in that town in Minnesota that I heard about on the car radio this morning... -54 degrees, and that was without a windchill factor! :shock:
:o Makes me grateful for the 2 degrees F we had at 7:30 yesterday morning. 70's last week and now we have snow predicted for 5 days out of the next 7.
izzarina wrote:Very fitting quote, Walden

"All the days of the earth, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, night and day, shall not cease."
Doesn't mention people, now does it? :really:

~Judy
Tak_the_whistler

Post by Tak_the_whistler »

Here in Kobe Japan, it's about 18 C recently (not wacky enough? :D). I love it when it's really freezing; coldness piercing through my skin. But at 18c you feel kinda in-between chilly and cool, which I don't really like.
<><
Tak
---------------------------------------
<b>"Nothing can be yours by nature."</b>
--- Lewis