What's the Ratio of Men to Women Whistlers?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Are you a male or female whistler?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:57 am

Male
54%
Female
46%

Total votes: 103

susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by susnfx »

TomB wrote:How about if we bring flowers and apologize, even if we have no idea what we are apologizing for???
If you don't know, I'm certainly not going to tell you!

Susan
TomB

Post by TomB »

susnfx wrote:
TomB wrote:How about if we bring flowers and apologize, even if we have no idea what we are apologizing for???
If you don't know, I'm certainly not going to tell you!

Susan

I guess that make it two things to apolgize for now... :)
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

TomB wrote:
susnfx wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote:Why can't we guys have some kind of clothing we can burn to symbolize throwing off the shackles of eons of feminine domination? :lol:
Because we won't let you.

Susan

How about if we bring flowers and apologize, even if we have no idea what we are apologizing for???

Tom
notice how he forgot the chocolates.....SIGH!!! Will they EVER learn??? :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
TomB

Post by TomB »

izzarina wrote:
TomB wrote:
susnfx wrote: Because we won't let you.

Susan

How about if we bring flowers and apologize, even if we have no idea what we are apologizing for???

Tom
notice how he forgot the chocolates.....SIGH!!! Will they EVER learn??? :P

Yum, Choclates- said in best Homer Simpson voice.

Tom
Jack

Post by Jack »

Jeff Stallard wrote:
Cranberry wrote:I also agree that more options should be displayed, because all people don't fit into "male" or "female"
Feel free to start your own poll.
You're perpetuating such notions, so you also get to fix them by learning to list more than male and female.
TomB

Post by TomB »

Cranberry wrote:
Jeff Stallard wrote:
Cranberry wrote:I also agree that more options should be displayed, because all people don't fit into "male" or "female"
Feel free to start your own poll.
You're perpetuating such notions, so you also get to fix them by learning to list more than male and female.

While I agree with your earlier post Cran, Jeff doesn't have to fix it, does he? I mean, this is his poll, and his categories, so they may not be correct in total, but they are correct enough for his purposes. Those that don't agree, don't have to vote, right?

I'm not picking on you here, Cran. I'm still a big fan. Hope all is well with the studying, etc.

Tom
JessieD

Post by JessieD »

Deleted by poster :lol:
Last edited by JessieD on Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Flyingcursor wrote:Help me understand the bra burning. As I gather it's an expression of rebellion, a release from bondage imposed by men. The odd thing is most men I know are more then happy to see the bras go anyway.
I'm with you; I never understood the bra burning thing either. 'Course there's a number of aspects of the feminist movement I never got.
But bras never seemed to be necessarily a man's construct. If so, how come all those National Geographic ladies from Africa who are so repressed are still running around with their mammaries flapping? I, for one, am very physically active and the thought of doing long-distance running without support makes me shudder! Apparently guys have no nerves in their flappy parts (see all those naked Greeks running around) but the jarring bothers me. So bras seem a benefit more than a "curse".
I would have been more impressed with the burning of high heels...
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

high heels are sexy.. :D
Montana

Post by Montana »

A-ha! The bait worked!
I figured you would chime in on the mention of bras, amar.
When you didn't, I knew I'd have to go for the hard stuff... :D
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

i wonder why people wear heels at all, even men can't find shoes without low heels. :x i prefere no heels
they're very rear, but i found some at last http://www.baer-manufaktur.de/orbiz/Dig ... e--5d.html
Jeff Stallard

Post by Jeff Stallard »

lixnaw wrote:i wonder why people wear heels at all, even men can't find shoes without low heels.
Yeah, I don't get that either. Anything above two (or maybe three) inches for a woman is just freaky looking. Every time I see a woman in big heels I cringe a little bit because I know that can't be comfortable. One or two inch heels still accentuate the foot nicely (no I don't have a foot fetish), but they don't look painful like taller ones.

So hey, I'm all for burning your high heels. I'll help you do it.
"Reality is the computer hardware, and religions are the operating systems: abstractions that allow us to interact with, and draw meaning from, a reality that would otherwise be incomprehensible."
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

lixnaw wrote:i wonder why people wear heels at all, even men can't find shoes without low heels. :x i prefere no heels
they're very rear, but i found some at last http://www.baer-manufaktur.de/orbiz/Dig ... e--5d.html
I've worn moccasins as far back as I can remember--or tennis shoes. (In fact, I'm wearing moccasins now.)

Regarding high-heels, I have a book on Chinese footbinding, which is a particularly nasty topic. It's interesting that such an oppressive custom arose in a culture that has no grammatical gender in any of it languages. That sort of undermines the position of those who believe that they can change attitudes by changing the language.

And, for Cran, "gender" is a term from language, and doesn't necessarily equate to sex. There are languages that have more than two genders, and others that have none. It just happens that males usually fall into one gender, and females into another. I think that the use of the term "gender" to mean "sex" is due to a Victorian-like distaste for calling a spade a spade.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

i wonder what the animals think of us sometimes, we sure must be a funny looking bunch :lol:
aderyn_du
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

Jeff Stallard wrote:
lixnaw wrote:i wonder why people wear heels at all, even men can't find shoes without low heels.
Yeah, I don't get that either. Anything above two (or maybe three) inches for a woman is just freaky looking. Every time I see a woman in big heels I cringe a little bit because I know that can't be comfortable. One or two inch heels still accentuate the foot nicely (no I don't have a foot fetish), but they don't look painful like taller ones.

So hey, I'm all for burning your high heels. I'll help you do it.
I actually happen to love my five-inch heels. Go figure. Of course, I wouldn't wear them to go hiking... well, on second thought, I don't know... I've never tried!

Platforms, stilettos, mules, and strappy-- I love them all. My name is Ad, and I am a shoe-aholic. :D

(edited for a wayward 'l', got carried away in the throes of shoe-happiness)
Last edited by aderyn_du on Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.