Whistle Cases/Bags?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jeff Stallard

Whistle Cases/Bags?

Post by Jeff Stallard »

I was casually looking around for bags in which to carry my whistles, but I couldn't find any. No wait, I take that back. I could find cases made for one or two whistles, but that's it. I want something that will hold 10-15 whistles. Are there any larger cases/bags out there? I've got some spare leather and fabric, and am tempted to just make my own, but if there are commercial bags with a good price, I'd rather go that route.

I tempted to get the Chiff & Fipple Messenger bag.
"Reality is the computer hardware, and religions are the operating systems: abstractions that allow us to interact with, and draw meaning from, a reality that would otherwise be incomprehensible."
norseman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by norseman »

Failure is NOT an option - it comes bundled with the software.
DCrom
antispam: No

Post by DCrom »

For soprano whistles (up to about Bb) it's hard to do better than a drumstick bag - almost any music store should have a good selection for $15-20 dollars.

The "multi-whistle bag" that The Whistle Shop carries (at $14.95) appears to be a repurposed drumstick bag. Nothing bad about that; in fact, it's a good price - even with shipping it comes out about the same price as I'd pay at most of my local music stores.
Jeff Stallard

Post by Jeff Stallard »

A drumstick bag!! I used to be a drummer; how come I never thought of that?!

Thanks for the help. I'm gonna run by the music store tonight.
"Reality is the computer hardware, and religions are the operating systems: abstractions that allow us to interact with, and draw meaning from, a reality that would otherwise be incomprehensible."
picardy third

Post by picardy third »

Check out

https://www.sslzone.com/burkewhistles/w ... t_View.asp

and

http://www.overton.co.uk/texte/accessories.html

I've enjoyed the roll up case/bag from Burke. Those availabel at Overton look cool to.

picartdy
"Have a cluckity-cluck-cluck day."
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Tuffbags do some nice whistle cases too:

http://www.tuffbags.com/

I used to own a black six-whistle bag that I got via their ebay sales division - if you want a Tuffbag I recommend looking on ebay first, as they do sell them there directly for less. I can't recall the seller name though.

Even if you find one of their auctions and don't care for the item offered, check the auction links...they used to have a 'click here to shop from our site with a discount' and offered 20-30% off if you used that link.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I use a big 4 pistol gun case it fits the low D diagonally when taken apart. I could fit about 9 whistles in it and it is a case better than a bag by far and it has a compartment under where you can store stuff like tuners and tune books (instead of leaving them on the coffee table). :D
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I have a great one that our own RockyMtnPiper made for me. Mine holds 4, I think, but I bet one could be made that holds more. I love it because I can carry it baldric style, and it has pockets on the outside in which I can drop the whistle I'm currently playing if I need a free hand...the perfect gig bag for Morris!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
dapple

Post by dapple »

Baldric: A belt worn over the shoulder and chest used to hold a sword.

I had to look that one up, Redwolf.
~ David
irishduffy

Post by irishduffy »

I can't answer the original question, but for the low whistlers out there try the classic pool cue stick cases built for brake aparts, or my favorite the ice fishing rod case indistructable and comes in multiple sizes.
michael_coleman
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Post by michael_coleman »

If you are of the sewing type, or if you aren't you can learn. I made a few bags out of fleece, its a nice soft material that is very easy to sew and is fairly cheap. I made one for low whistles and one for higher end whistles...just put in a few pockets...then put a shoe lace on one of the corners and roll it up and wrap the shoe lace and tie, it works great....
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

If you have a number of low whistles you might want to consider one of Cue Stick hard cases from The Cue Store In addition they also have 'Dealer' cases for those more severly WhOA afficted.
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.
Jeff Stallard

Post by Jeff Stallard »

I ended up getting a $10 drum stick bag that works nicely. It's even big enough for a two-piece low D (just barely though). One side has two pockets, and the other side has one big one. However, I might do a little sewing and turn it into six on one side and two on the other.
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Jeff Stallard wrote: I might do a little sewing and turn it into six on one side and two on the other.
Yeah, that's what I use, also. It holds anything as large as a low A whistle. I have a separate single case for my low D. Like you mentioned, I would like to divide the pockets into something smaller (only I don't sew). I find that the whistles get bunched up in the big pockets.

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Here's one I made. It is well padded, and works quite nicely, though, of course, it is now too small, LOL! The last pic shows my son modelling it.

anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com