the single weirdest "music" CD I've ever heard

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
cowtime
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cowtime »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:It reminds me a lot of what Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention used to do once upon an age ago.

"Wowie zowie baby, your so sweet
wowie zowie baby, your so neat
wowie zowie baby, can't be beat
I don't even care if you brush your teeth

next verse, last line was I don't even care if you shave your legs.(the memory's fading so I can't remember the rest, forgive me :oops: )

or............

Suzy...............Suzy Creamcheese.................
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
toughknot

Post by toughknot »

My first impression was this must be French as they are very tolerant of this sort of thing. Reading the names of the composers revealed it may not. I'm sure however that all the copies sold went to France.
It is very much like the " YOU GONG " album I had in high school in the 70'shttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/ ... 2?v=glance
I shall never bitter be so long as I can laugh at me.
pearl grey

Post by pearl grey »

izzarina wrote:
amar wrote:'when it rains it pours'
I know this is off topic ( :roll: ) but why is she pouring salt? What use is salt when it rains? Is she expecting the temperature to plummet and so she is just getting ready? I don't get it.
It's because her salt is special - it hasn't clogged up into clumps with the moisture like other salts would do. I think. Like how some people put grains of rice in their salt shakers to absorb any moisture so the salt won't clump up. I don't know what's different about Morton's salt. But their little girl is SO CUTE.

The record "label" for Bang the Can is "composers recordings," which sounds like no regular label wanted to record them. Strangely at the bottom, it says:
Browse for music in:

Styles > Classical > General
Styles > Classical > Historical Periods > Baroque (c.1600-1750) > General
oleorezinator
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

"captain beefheart, harry partch, wynonie harris, schola cantorum baseliensis, hatfield and the north, egg, national health, henry cow, gentle giant, nrbq, frank zappa, area, dieguito el cigala,
thelonious monk, charles mingus, eric dolphy, anthony braxton, charles wuroinen, soft machine, magma, herbie hancock, maceo parker." these are from a previous post. i love easy listening music.
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Paul wrote:
Dale wrote:If the clips on this CD are any indication, I'm not sure it's the weirdest CD I've ever heard. For that distinction, I have just one word:

Shatner.
Maybe.

Then again... Maybe not. :)

(image of Leonard Nimoy's album)
Oh, and let's not forget... er... let's forget... er, well... I think it's unforgiv...uh.. unforgettable - Nimoy's "Bilbo"... oh... my goodness... what... um... nerv...uh... verve... um... nah... rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's really entertaining about it is that some schlep (forgive my judgemental attitude on this one, please) actually got someone to think this was a good enough idea to actually fund it!!! (the Nimoy recordings, that is.) Whew!

Open the windows!

On the other hand, I rather liked the Bang On A Can "Gracia: Colores Ultraviolados ", "Bouchard: Lung Ta", and particularly "Marcus: Adam & Eve "
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

As an avid Star Trek fan since age 9, this was a side of Mr. Spock I hadn't seen before!!

http://www.tolkiencollector.com/bilbo5.mov

(You'll need Quicktime.) Thanks to those who mentioned the infamous singing careers of both Mr. Spock and Capt. Kirk...I don't know why I had never heard of them before! :lol:
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:It reminds me a lot of what Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention used to do once upon an age ago.
"Montana" was one of my favorite Zappa songs...

I'm gonna find me a horse
Just about this big,
An' ride him all along the border line

With a
Pair of heavy-duty
Zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand
Every other wrangler would say
I was mighty grand

By myself I wouldn't
Have no boss,
But I'd be raisin' my lonely
Dental Floss

Raisin' my lonely
Dental Floss
Raisin' my lonely
Dental Floss

I did learn an important thing in high school: Never drink several super-strength screwdrivers, go home, lie down on the floor, and listen to Frank Zappa songs really loudly through headphones. It causes you to rush to the bathroom to vomit so loudly that your parents hear you, thereby causing you to have to make up bad lies about having the stomach flu and then not getting to see your best friend for a while. :P
Paul

Post by Paul »

Zappa's great. Once my friend and I drove around our (public) campsite in Yellowstone park blasting Joes Garage full-blast of his girlfriend's car stereo with the windows down in the middle of the night. I believe a bottle of vodka was to blame if I remember correctly. :lol: I also believe we woke everyone up.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Paul wrote: I believe a bottle of vodka was to blame if I remember correctly. :lol:
At least it wasn't gin....I used to be on friendly terms with gin, but after we had a major disagreement on Rt. 1 outside of Levittown, PA, we haven't been on speaking terms :wink: I'm happy to say that vodka and I are still very friendly. Not that what I just said had anything to do with the topic at hand :P
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
pearl grey

Post by pearl grey »

Paul wrote:Zappa's great. Once my friend and I drove around our (public) campsite in Yellowstone park blasting Joes Garage full-blast of his girlfriend's car stereo with the windows down in the middle of the night. I believe a bottle of vodka was to blame if I remember correctly. :lol: I also believe we woke everyone up.
Grumble, my neighbors did that last night - only they weren't driving around, they were just sitting on their front porch blasting music at midnight. Why do drunk people think everyone in a mile radius wants to listen to their music? :moreevil: :-? And why is it never quiet, soothing music like Enya or Brahms lullaby? :)
toughknot

Post by toughknot »

aderyn_du wrote:
"Montana" was one of my favorite Zappa songs...

I'm gonna find me a horse
Just about this big,
An' ride him all along the border line

With a
Pair of heavy-duty
Zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand
Every other wrangler would say
I was mighty grand

By myself I wouldn't
Have no boss,
But I'd be raisin' my lonely
Dental Floss

Raisin' my lonely
Dental Floss
Raisin' my lonely
Dental Floss

Raisin' it up
Waxin' it down :)
I shall never bitter be so long as I can laugh at me.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

"Movin' to Montana soon... Gonna be a Dental Floss Tycoon..."
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Montana

Post by Montana »

They're playing my song! :love:
MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

Interesting stuff, though, my little brother would probably like it a lot. :roll:
Tak_the_whistler

Post by Tak_the_whistler »

<><
Tak
---------------------------------------
<b>"Nothing can be yours by nature."</b>
--- Lewis