Sweetheart Rosewood flute

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

I would be grateful if somebody would buy this
flute, which is a good flute at a good price for a good cause.
I have one already or else I would have purchased
it long ago.

Also I will testify that, public appearances notwithstanding,
Andrew is a decent chap one on one, with whom
one can transact.

Andrew, mein bubbalink. Please, please, make nice
to the customers! The blood of my ancestors speaks
from my veins: such talk has never once sold a camel!

Such a deal!
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

It occurs to me that a question of great sociological moment
has arisen:

Can a wild-man America-bashing British pacifist aided by
a war-mongering Bush-supporting Yank
sell a flute to understandably annoyed musicians, in an effort
to provide relief to tsunami victims?

The answer lies within your heart.
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

jim stone wrote:The answer lies within your heart.
Shoot.

I thought this was the trailer for a TV series. (I do hope the transaction turns out amicably. I would buy it myself if I were in the market for a flute and had a little more leeway with my finances.)

Best wishes,
Jerry
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

jim stone wrote:The answer lies within your heart.
My heart is telling me to click one of the donation links above, type in $230, and spare myself the rest.

On the other hand, I'm feeling a little sorry for the flute.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid to buy it for fear the current owner will take out his anti-American hostilities on it prior to shipping it off.
Cotelette d'Agneau
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I posted this in the flute forum and I will post it here. Since people here probably didn't read the flute forum, they might not understand it as much as if they had, but I think it's pretty clear...

Actually, I wasn't referring to the Asian tragedy. You said people should give money and then go back to concentrating on killing millions of people in Iraq (in the American way). My comment (that most of us concentrate on our families and other little things like that) was intended to show that most American citizens do not concentrate on killing people in Iraq, but on living our lives in spite of our government. You completely misunderstood my intent. I give money to charity and I believe in helping people. I didn't vote for Bush and I do not kill people in Iraq.
~JessieD
andrewK

Post by andrewK »

Complete rubbish !
As for American bashing, which I have only recently begun to learn, I find it hard to believe that even the most rabid of you ( sorry Jim ) is not a bit phased by the contrast between your Administration doing a little something to relieve the new homelessless in Asia and working so hard to create it elsewhere among innocent populations.
The fact that the old British Empire was quite appalling in it's treatment of it's subject races does not help at all.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

It's not rubbish and everyone knows that. Even you.

As for political thoughts/worries, many of us are horrified at our government and its conflicting acts. But that doesn't make us hate ourselves. Should the Iraqi people hate themselves because their leader is/was a horrible person? Should we hate the Iraqi people because their leader is/was a horrible person? Yeah, there are a bunch of misled Amercians (there had to be some in order for the election to be falsified as it was), but not all of us are.

I think our whole election process is ridiculous. The candidates attack each other and show the rest of the world how divided we are...it leaves us vulnerable.

I am not your enemy, Andrew. I mean, we don't hold radically different views. But you sure are mean. The lawyer in you tries to argue everything some people say, but your arguments don't hold up, because you aren't dealing with reality. I know I should pity the miserable (such as yourself) and not be angry at them, but you sure make it difficult.
~JessieD
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

I think we should delete this thread and have Andrew start a new one (for selling his flute), and keep that new thread bashing free. We want Andrew to sell his flute and the money to go to tsunami relief.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Let me say this again: dealing with Andrew one on one
is not a problem. I appreciate that this may be
hard to believe, however Andrew and I
are friends despite the fact that I represent
views quite opposite from his.

The flute is very nice, IMO, having one.
It has a lovely, reedy, focused sound.
It plays easily, it's in tune, it's light weight.
I don't know what Rudall's sound like,
yet, however I suspect this is essentially
a Rudall, narrow bore and focused sound.
It has good volume and these are substantially
better than the sweethearts made of maple,
cherry, walnut, etc, which I also have owned
and like. Remarkably this flute, which is
recently purchased and is as new, is being
sold for significantly less than these much
lower priced Sweethearts new.

Finally, your money will go to people who
desperately need it. It will be a substantial
contribution, in fact.

I have no wish to justify or excuse some of the
things that have been said in these threads,
however, you do not know even what I look like
or what I face each day, nor do I know it about
you. I do know, though, that Andrew has his
plate full of trouble that I doubt that I could
bear. We all know the human condition well
enough to imagine circumstances, if only physical
pain, that might make this unwarranted behaviour
at least more understandable.

Andrew's saving grace, if I may say so,
is that he responds quite positively to
cordiality. We all of us talk about peace on
earth, lots of views critical of those lacking
in kindness and forebearance and understanding.
But peace and kindness start here, after all, with the people
who bother us. I think it's pretty clear
what kindness amounts to in this situation,
on several fronts, including the tsunami victims.
Best to all.
brianc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by brianc »

Just so I'm clear:

Americans = Evil Incarnate :devil: :evil: :moreevil:

Everyone else on Earth = Good 8) :party: :)

Do I have that correct?
:roll:
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Azalin wrote:I think we should delete this thread and have Andrew start a new one (for selling his flute), and keep that new thread bashing free. We want Andrew to sell his flute and the money to go to tsunami relief.
Az, this is actually the third thread involving this matter. The original sale thread on the flute board was deleted by Dale and I was unable to read it. The second thread was by Dale, explaining what he deleted and why it had turned into an argument, and states "In the meantime, it's posted on the whistle board without such insults (so far). Interested parties may feel free to check there."

So this IS the new thread. But at least Dale's new avatar makes sense to me now. :D
talasiga

Legalities

Post by talasiga »

As far as I know (and I could be wrong here) but, in Australia, it is illegal to publicly canvas for a charitable cause unless one is licensed to do so. This means that I cannot go out and busk with a sign saying my collection will go to a particluar (or any) charitable cause unless I have obtained a permit to do so from the appropriate government department. Of course I could busk and give my collection to charity as a private act but I cannot advertise the fact publicly.
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

bump
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Legalities

Post by Redwolf »

talasiga wrote:As far as I know (and I could be wrong here) but, in Australia, it is illegal to publicly canvas for a charitable cause unless one is licensed to do so. This means that I cannot go out and busk with a sign saying my collection will go to a particluar (or any) charitable cause unless I have obtained a permit to do so from the appropriate government department. Of course I could busk and give my collection to charity as a private act but I cannot advertise the fact publicly.
That's not the case here in the U.S.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

brianc wrote:Just so I'm clear:

Americans = Evil Incarnate :devil: :evil: :moreevil:

Everyone else on Earth = Good 8) :party: :)

Do I have that correct?
:roll:

That is correct. If not for our meddling interference, all the fun of World War I could have gone on well into 1919, the Soviet Union could have had the whole European continent to itself without having to share with those pesky natives, China and most of South East Asia could have been much better ruled by the Japanese. Not to mention all of the millions of people who probably would not have had to suffer with the pain of living throughout the past century because those infernal Americans keep giving money every time there's a major disaster. Though from the appreciation we get a big part of me says we shouldn't do a damn thing to help anybody.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm