Musical_Midnight & FJohnSharp: The Thread

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I guess her mother never taught her not to play with her food.

OTOH, as a general rule, that's what cats do.

Best wishes,
Jerry
carrie

Post by carrie »

There were two deer on our front lawn Friday night, mom and young one. Daisy, our yellow lab, was beside herself, barking like crazy. This happened, of course, just as the THREE boys who were sleeping over (and camped out in the living room) were--to my great relief--slipping off to sleep. But what a good story we had to tell the moms the next morning.

Carol
scottielvr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scottielvr »

The Lord of Misrule, also called Abbot of Misrule or King of Misrule, official of the late medieval and early Tudor period in England, was specially appointed to manage the Christmas festivities held at court, in the houses of great noblemen, in the law schools of the Inns of Court, and in many of the colleges at the universities of Cambridge and Oxford. During his reign, which lasted anywhere from 12 days to 3 months, the Lord of Misrule was responsible for arranging and directing all Christmas entertainment, including elaborate masques and processions, plays, and feasts. The lord himself usually presided over these affairs with a mock court and received comic homage from the revelers.

The Lord of Misrule is one of the lost characters of the riotous Medieval Christmas celebration. Sometime in November, it was customary among the European peasantry to draw lots for the title of Lord of Misrule. Wearing a paper crown and motley garments, the Lord of Misrule turned the ordinary rules on their head for his appointed time. He was given full license to enjoy whatever pleasures he desired, and to lead the others down the merry path of dalliance and delight. One can only imagine what sorts of delight prevailed, but certainly the kind that comes in a flagon must have been especially indulged.

….a remnant of this ancient custom clings to the current practice of pulling Christmas crackers: after the muffled explosion of the cracker, the prizes are generally revealed to be a joke, a charm, and the paper crown of the Lord of Misrule.
bjs

Post by bjs »

just finished underfloor heating. It keeps yor feet luvly and warm but takes forever to install. First the insulation tiles, then miles of wire which can't get too close together then levelling compound then tiles with flexible glue then flexible grout which takes an age cos it sets rock hard on top of the tiles if you don't wipe surplus off right away. with galss walls and plastic roof makes a great whistling chamber.

merry Christmas to all
Brian :)
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Nano said;

"Mubu the Wonder Cat just ate her shrew friend. I suppose it was only a matter of time, really, but she's the only cat I've ever known to eat a shrew. She's a strange one."

Maybe she got bored trying to tame it... :lol:

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

"...sometimes, you just gotta wiggle..."
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Homer Simpson is one sexy man.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

I made homemade chocolate pudding today. Anyone want some?
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

i'll take two helpings and share with someone.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Walker's Shortbread Triangles make me happy.

:) <-- see?
emmline

Post by emmline »

My kid made instant chocolate pudding today.
But another of them made all the mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving.
emmline

Post by emmline »

BTW, if I don't get myself a happenin' anti-heroic action babe for an avatar am I going to be out of the club?
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

emmline wrote:BTW, if I don't get myself a happenin' anti-heroic action babe for an avatar am I going to be out of the club?
Of course not, emm... we could never boot you out of the club. Things wouldn't be the same.

And on a totally different note, what the flark is up with my internet connection?! My home network is literally going out every two seconds-- and I have DSL! Argh!!
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

But if you really want to have an action babe to proclaim your action-babe-ness, try here:

http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/hero ... lassic.asp

Create your own!! :)