Great News

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jking
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Great News

Post by jking »

Well what a day today has been. We found out that were approved for a healthy mortgage.Yeha! Were a young family, trying to take the step up and own our first house. That was the first bit of good news. The second is that my wife found out that she is pregnant. We have been trying for a few months now to give our 4yr old boy a sibling. Im thinking i should go buy a lottery ticket. Anyway i just wanted to share this all with anyone who will listen. :D
"honestly dear, one more tune and i'll come to bed"
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

Congrats on all fronts, Jking! :)
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
chattiekathy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Yes Congratulations are in order!

:D What a happy day for you! :D

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Woohoo!

Best wishes,
Jerry
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Congrats on the preapproval. Just be careful with it and don't stretch yourselves too thin, especially with a new bundle on the way.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
jking

Post by jking »

thanks everyone. Yes as far as the mortgage is concerned we are actually only going to be looking for places that are approx 2/3 of the mortgage we were approved for. When we crunched the numbers (taking into account approx a yr of maternity) it definately changes things. We'll survive well enough through maternity but be in great shape (fingers crossed) afterwards. Its really nice to have things go our way. We have been through our fair share of adversity in our lives, enough so that this all feels surreal right now. So now comes the fun of house hunting. We've been checking houses out for a while now. Just doing comparison shopping and getting a feel for the market. It sure is expensive here on Vancouver Island but you get the bonus of living in this beautiful place. :)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting for you! :party:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

That really is exciting. Have fun househunting...it really IS fun, if you don't let it stress you too much. I'll never forget standing in the driveway of our home in North Carolina and thinking "This is OURS. No one else can tell us what color to paint or what kind of carpet we can have...it belongs to US!" Nothing quite beats that feeling.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
suejnnhe

Post by suejnnhe »

That is so great! I'm very happy for you! Have fun!

HeySue
HeySue!
_________
Don't Panic!
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Many congrats! I remember the feeling well.

Although my wife and I owned a small condo, we really wanted a house before we had kids. We just made it - we moved into the house less than a month before our oldest was born (and one of the friends helping us move spent most of her time keeping my wife from trying to lift heavy boxes).

I agree with Redwolf - there's nothing quite like the feeling of moving your family into a house that you own. A little scary, too, at first - after all, if something breaks *you're* the one that's responsible for fixing it. It emphasizes, at a gut level, that you *really are* all grown up. :D
jking

Post by jking »

yes all grown up wow. I feel so lucky thats for sure. I moved out to Canada from England in '89 when my parents split up. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. In my personnal opinion there is so much more opportunity here than back home. I have friends over there that still live at home and they are into their thirty's. Its so expensive to buy property and your taxed to death on everything. Its a bit sad when ever i go to visit family in England. Alot of folks i know seem to be not really depressed but they have that sort of beaten down feel to them. Maybe its just my experiance and the area that i lived in. Im 32 and my wife is 24 (how did i ever pull that off, hehe) but she keeps me young and i keep us semi responsible etc. Seems to work out really well so far. Weve been together for about 4 yrs now and our 1 yr wedding anniversary is coming up this month. All in all this has been a big month so far and with everything thats happening it promises to be a huge if not overwhelming 2005 in a good way.
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

I didnt know you lived in Canada, and yeah, I've heard that Vancouver is an amazing place to live. I'm also glad that you're getting a house, if I ever need a place to stay the day I decide to visit :D I wish you the best of luck.

Oh, and being almost thirty, the fact that your wife is 24 gives me hope, might bring me back from depression earlier :lol:
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Congratulations on your future home, and on your wife's pregnancy!! What a happy time this is for your family. :)

Best,
ad
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Great news, especially during the holiday season. Congratulations! :)
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Very nice. Congrats.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm