tinwhistler's day jobs

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Teri-K
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Teri-K »

TomB wrote:I can't remember if I answerd this when it began, and I don't want to look through 28 pages to figure it out, so-

I spent 20 years in the U.S. Navy. I am now "retired" from that career and am working as a Legal Assistant, (paralegal), in Hartford, CT.

All the Best, Tom
I knew there was a reason for liking you.
TomB

Post by TomB »

Teri-K wrote:
TomB wrote:I can't remember if I answerd this when it began, and I don't want to look through 28 pages to figure it out, so-

I spent 20 years in the U.S. Navy. I am now "retired" from that career and am working as a Legal Assistant, (paralegal), in Hartford, CT.

All the Best, Tom

You are an attorney, correct?
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

TomB wrote:
Teri-K wrote:

All the Best, Tom

Attorney?? Argh, choke, cough, gag... Naw, I'm a paralegal too ;)
Azalin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

I love your dog, Teri.
TomB

Post by TomB »

Teri-K wrote:
TomB wrote:
Teri-K wrote: I knew there was a reason for liking you.

Attorney?? Argh, choke, cough, gag... Naw, I'm a paralegal too ;)
Doh! Sorry about that. :oops: Hope that you still "like me" after the insult.
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

By the way, Teri, are you thinking of getting rid of the "K" ? :lol:
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

Feadan wrote:I am a computer technician and father of two (Colin,13 & Evlin,10). Right now I am employed part time as a "Computer Lab Aide" at Cape Cod Community College and volunteer my services to my children's school as a systems administrator. Before computer work I spent 14 years in Early Childhood Education working mostly with toddlers (but some time spent with preschoolers).

Cheers,
David

Things have changed a bit since page 6 on 23 Feb. '02. :) Still doing the computer thing but now I work full-time at the New England School of Law in Boston. Also, looking back I noticed a typo. Evlin was 9 back then. She turned 12 back in October (and Colin 16). Finally got to get her ears pierced on her 12th b-day as promised when she was *very* young.

Cheers,
David
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

Azalin wrote:By the way, Teri, are you thinking of getting rid of the "K" ? :lol:
Very funny, Az :lol: I was saddled with the "K" 14 years ago, and will have the rest of my life, I'm afraid. It's better than the predecesor.

Good thing you like Edgar The Dog; he'll inspect you in March.

Tom: not a problem and no apology needed. Not all lawyers are evil. There's actually ONE on the planet that's a wonderful human being :wink:
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Teri-K wrote:
Azalin wrote:By the way, Teri, are you thinking of getting rid of the "K" ? :lol:
Very funny, Az :lol: I was saddled with the "K" 14 years ago, and will have the rest of my life, I'm afraid. It's better than the predecesor.

Good thing you like Edgar The Dog; he'll inspect you in March.

Tom: not a problem and no apology needed. Not all lawyers are evil. There's actually ONE on the planet that's a wonderful human being :wink:
I don't think I'd call Perry Mason wonderful but he sure never lost.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

aderyn_du wrote:Feb 22, 2002
What a wonderful question... where to start? I am an energy healer (using sound and movement and Reiki), a vocalist, dancer, songwriter, and mother. Get paid (in money) for very little of it. And love doing it all. :grin:

Slainte,
Andrea ~*~

Interesting... not much has changed in two years. I still get paid very little in money. I still love doing it all. My focus has shifted away from movement and more into gemstones, but it's all still energetic and vibrational in nature. So, I guess the only thing that has really changed is my name! :lol:
rh

Post by rh »

Last edited by rh on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

rh, both of your careers are way cool! :) Acupuncture really fascinates me... I've done a bit with acupressure, giving and receiving, but I've never gotten to experience acupuncture. I've heard some amazing things regarding it! Do you work with moxa on the needles?
rh

Post by rh »

Last edited by rh on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

I guess it's bit odd to discuss alternative healing practices here, but what the hey-- it's part of us! :) I'm off to visit your site right now....I'd love to learn about magnet therapy!!
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Wow! It took a lo-o-ong time to read through this thread. Very interesting. Also, lots of folks seem to have wandered off over the past couple of years.

As for me:

1962-82 - US Army, mostly translating Chinese, and some Japanese, documents, along with the usual vehicle maintenance and rock painting. Also wrote Chinese-language interrogation course materials at DLI, taught one-on-one Mandarin classes to DoA civilians, and retrained some Japanese translators of Southeast Asian languages in Modern Standard (written) Arabic.

1982 - Retired from the Army, waiting for a couple of language-related jobs that didn't pan out. (Couldn't pass the CIA polygraph test for some reason.)

1983-87 - Ran a computer controlled engraving machine (plaques, trophies, name tags, signs, etc.) and built plaques and trophies, while going to night school for programming classes.

1988-2003 - Computer programmer and font designer for what eventually became Casady & Greene, Inc. C&G went under in the summer of 2003, but I didn't receive any salary for the last year of their existence, though I continued to work for them.

2002-present - Working on my own Mac application, iData 2 (personal database software),selling it on the Web with my former boss, Robin Casady, as partner. (Link in sig.)
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe