My first post as IDAwHOa is a kilopost.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

My first post as IDAwHOa is a kilopost.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Well, I finally made the decision and Rich made the change for me within minutes of asking him to. Thanks Rich.

And this is my 2000th post too. WooHoo.

This is soooooo much like a big extended family with all the inherant ups and downs. I know I have raised a few hackles with a some of the things I have commented on, but :P . I have had my hackles raised a few times as well. I hope most of you all have enjoyed the comments I have made in the previous 1999 and will enjoy the ones I will make in the future as I grow and learn more about this instrument and the music we play on it. Also, as I learn more about each of you.

Thanks again to all who have encouraged, helped and teased me here. Thanks to those who have allowed me to encourage, help and tease them. :D

Email will be updated as time allows.

The papers are signed by the buyer and we have fullfilled all our our obligations to her, The whole thing closes on the 7th. We will be loading up the transport for our stuff on the 10th and be on the road the 11th. Gonna be a crazy year as we adjust to a new area, stay with our oldest son AND build our new home at the same time. Look for requests for ideas and encouragment as we go through this new stage of our lives.

Now what does one who as an admitted problem with WhOA do with nearly 100K just sitting in a bank account do???
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Congratulations on the new name. It's lovely.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

congrats funky beets. :D
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by GaryKelly »

:party: Happy 2K old chap! May there be many more. :party:
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Bloomfield

Re: My first post as IDAwHOa is a kilopost.

Post by Bloomfield »

IDAwHOa wrote:Now what does one who as an admitted problem with WhOA do with nearly 100K just sitting in a bank account do???
If you'll send me 1K, I'll tell you what to do with the other 99K. :)

Congrats,
your uncle Bloo
/Bloomfield
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Hello, IDAwHOa! It seems as though new personas are all around today...congrats on your 2K post, and on the sale of your old home. I hope your adjustment to your new hometown will be a smooth and happy one!

Oh, and I would be happy to be your personal shopper in spending your 100K. :-D
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Save all your money IDAwHOa, you'll need it and more if you are building a new house. I just started one on the lot next door and the total permits were over $5500. Most of that was waster/sewer hookup fees based on a lengthy curb distance though. Out in the countryside of Buhl, a well and septic would be far more though. Around here, small lots are selling for a minumum of 55K and the cost of building p/sq ft. varies from $85-100+, but you can cut that in half if you do everything yourself.
emmline

Post by emmline »

IDAwHOa wrote:
Now what does one who as an admitted problem with WhOA do with nearly 100K just sitting in a bank account do???
practice. many jigs.
alespa
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

Glad to see you posting your official "new" name Steven.

matt
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Congratulations on Post2K.
Reasonable person
Walden
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Congratulations on the sale of your house and for hitting your 2000th post. :D

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
glauber

Post by glauber »

IDAwHOa wrote:Now what does one who as an admitted problem with WhOA do with nearly 100K just sitting in a bank account do???
Buy all the O'Riordans on eBay.
Buy whistles to all your friends.
Become a piper.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Nice new name there, Spudmuffin. :wink: And congrats on post 2K.

By the way, I heard from Simon today, and my Yew wood Weston whistle (which I purchased using the discount I won in your name contest) is on its way! Funky beets! :D

Cheers,
John
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Lorenzo wrote:Save all your money IDAwHOa, you'll need it and more if you are building a new house. I just started one on the lot next door and the total permits were over $5500. Most of that was waster/sewer hookup fees based on a lengthy curb distance though. Out in the countryside of Buhl, a well and septic would be far more though. Around here, small lots are selling for a minumum of 55K and the cost of building p/sq ft. varies from $85-100+, but you can cut that in half if you do everything yourself.
Yeah, the what to spend it on question was sort of retorical. I am having discussions with people about short term, higher interest places I can stash the stuff while we are building.

No well for us. Our property sits on a Geothermal Artesian. $500 hookup and $100 per year for the water.

Septic quote was $8500 because we have to put in a pumped system. Now, if (and at this point it is a BIG if) they can find 6 feet of boulderless soil the septic will be less than half of that!!!

In April I was quoted $57-75 per foot (with $62-65 typical) for the contracter to do everything. That figure also included a city postage stamp lot. My son wants US to do the building so I will be looking for a consultant contractor to hire and Doc Jones has given me a couple of names.

Still have to check on building permits and other fees. Gonna be FUN!!! :roll:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Paul

Post by Paul »

Glauber wrote:
Buy all the O'Riordans on eBay.
Buy whistles to all your friends.
Become a piper.
You'll still have enough to fly 1st class to Atlanta and buy a couple of new 2005 Grand Cherokee Hemi Limiteds from me for you an Renee to play your new whistles in. :D :lol: :lol:

Congrats on all counts, Steven!