50 States?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
RamblDoc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Chiffer from Maine

Post by RamblDoc »

There are some other C & F members from Maine besides myself.
Attended last summers big North East Whistle Gathering in western MA and had a grand time.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Paul wrote:OK, folks... I've just gone through the whole thing. :o
Wow! I wish I had an emoticon showing someone taking their hat off because I definitely doff my headgear to that piece of research.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Paul

Post by Paul »

jbarter wrote:
Paul wrote:OK, folks... I've just gone through the whole thing. :o
Wow! I wish I had an emoticon showing someone taking their hat off because I definitely doff my headgear to that piece of research.
Thank you. :D It was a daunting task, but I had a bit of down-time to work with and I was wondering myself.
fancypiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

jbarter wrote:Wow! I wish I had an emoticon showing someone taking their hat off because I definitely doff my headgear to that piece of research.
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

fancypiper wrote:
jbarter wrote:Wow! I wish I had an emoticon showing someone taking their hat off because I definitely doff my headgear to that piece of research.

~Judy
oleorezinator
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

Nanohedron wrote:
jsluder wrote:Anybody here from the state of Euphoria?...
That'll be this evening. I have multiple residencies all over the place.
euphoria is nice and all but i've moved to catatonia myself.
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Just from the thread alone, I've put some of the locations on a map of the US.

It's at this link, take a little while to load:
http://jubileeinstruments.messianic-web ... /chiff.gif
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Well, I've recently moved away from Chaos and Confusion, and have decided to not complete my transfer to Insanity. (amazing what a little yoga can do to clear the chakras)Guess I'll just stick with Atlanta for a while. ::waves hi to Paul::

:P
Paul

Post by Paul »

I am not currently in a state. I am in The Zone Of Annihilation. This is the place in the process of creation in which everything seems to be falling apart when, in fact, everything is going in the right direction. It is the place where many people give up because everything seems impossible. It is truely a great place to be. I have been here for quite a few months and we seem to be finally coming to the next level. While in the Zone, many people give up - thinking that what is at hand is impossible to complete due to huge roadblocks, inapropriate or unreasonable people, and seemingly unmanageable situations. Yes, it is scary at times, but what you have to do is stay the course. The zone of Annihilation always ends and when it does, you end up much better off than you were, often with unexpected results. Don't worry, the people who don't understand what is going on will drop off the boat and you have to let them do so. My current one is career-related. If it's a song or a work of art, you have to make a bunch of crappy ones before the good one shows up. Will O'B went through one on the current literary contest. His first stories were really good but too long for the contest. It was a real challenge for him but he saw it through. He really ended up with a nice story that fit the parameters. Well, back into the zone. :)

**Waves to Adara from The Zone Of Annihilation :wink:

Best,
Paul
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

aderyn_du wrote:Well, I've recently moved away from Chaos and Confusion, and have decided to not complete my transfer to Insanity.
Oh well...and here I was hoping for some cool neighbors ;) Please feel free to visit anytime! :D
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

oleorezinator wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:
jsluder wrote:Anybody here from the state of Euphoria?...
That'll be this evening. I have multiple residencies all over the place.
euphoria is nice and all but i've moved to catatonia myself.
And from Catatonia to the state of Invisibility! :party:
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Paul wrote:While in the Zone, many people give up - thinking that what is at hand is impossible to complete due to huge roadblocks, inapropriate or unreasonable people, and seemingly unmanageable situations. Yes, it is scary at times, but what you have to do is stay the course. The zone of Annihilation always ends and when it does, you end up much better off than you were, often with unexpected results. Don't worry, the people who don't understand what is going on will drop off the boat and you have to let them do so.
Wow, Paul, you just very accurately described where I've been of late. Just didn't know exactly where that was.... guess we're more neighbors than I thought! Do you promise that there is a border that I'll eventually cross over?? :P :lol:

Hey, izz, no worries... I'm sure I'll see you in Insanity at some time or another. ;)
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
Paul

Post by Paul »

aderyn_du wrote:Wow, Paul, you just very accurately described where I've been of late. Just didn't know exactly where that was.... guess we're more neighbors than I thought! Do you promise that there is a border that I'll eventually cross over?? :P :lol:
Yeah. It's more like smashing through lots of brick walls. :) You can't be invested in the outcome either. It's like, you have to be OK with whatever happens in the end. It's quite liberating, actually. The emotions that you interperet as fear and anxiety are actually indicators to let you know that yes, there is something significant going on. You have to let go and let it happen. All you have to do is be sure to keep showing up and pay attention to everything so you don't miss anything.

Best,
Paul
Last edited by Paul on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Paul wrote:You can't be invested in the outcome either. It's like, you have to be OK with whatever happens in the end. It's quite liberating, actually. The emotions that you interperet as fear and anxiety are actually indicators to let you know that YES THERE IS SOMETHING SIGNIFICANT GOING ON!!! You have to let go and let it happen. All you have to do is be sure to keep showing up and pay attention to everything so you don't miss anything.

Yes, I think on some level I knew that... doesn't make the going through any easier though. ::grinning:: Little glimmers of light are showing at the end of the tunnel, though, so onward I trudge!! Thanks for sharing your own take... nice to know I'm in good company. :)
lyndamic

Post by lyndamic »

There are at least myself and the Serpent whistle guy here in Missouri.