50 States?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TyroneShoelaces

Post by TyroneShoelaces »

Checking in from lovely little Buhl, Idaho. The town's small and quiet- cept for when some of us are blowing our whistles and flutes round my back porch in the evenings. Also have plenty of wide open spaces around to work on those tunes that are specially troublesome. All we bother out there is the wildlife.
ever been mugged by a quaker?
SirNick
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

geek4music wrote:
SirNick wrote:Hello,
Just checking in from North Carolina. I was out tending the still and looking for men in canoes to terrorize.
Tell us why NC is the NASCAR capitol of the world?

I thought the canoe terrorizing was Louisiana.
The movie was filmed in South Carolina and North Georgia. But a man must have his ambitions!!!!

And yes, as a person who works within NASCAR in Mooresville, NC (Race City USA), I can tell you the fun and exciting history of why NASCAR is based in North Carolina. Many years ago when "Moonshine" was one of the larger industries in North Carolina, the delivery cars needed the ability to outrun the police and were "souped up" into hot rods. The true "Founding Fathers" of NASCAR cut their teeth and learned their trade while out running the local law officers to deliver their high octane social lubrication to the masses. Even though NASCAR has spread throughout the country and some of the world, most of the major teams and shops are located within a 30 mile radius of the Mooresville/Charlotte NC. Here in the race business park that I'm typing this message from, I could throw a Copeland D from my office and hit; Team Penske, Ganassi, Robert Yates, Jasper and the Wood Brothers. (But I wouldn't want to dent a perfectly good Copeland for the likes of them)! :lol:
"You have my undivided attention"
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Don't tell it around, but my great grandfather used to run shine for his father-in-law, my great-great grandfather, who did time in the state pen for it.
Reasonable person
Walden
TyroneShoelaces

Walden wrote:Don't tell it around, but my great grandfather used to run shine for his father-in-law, my great-great grandfather, who did time in the state pen for it.
i certainly won't tell as long as you don't
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

TyroneShoelaces wrote:Checking in from lovely little Buhl, Idaho. The town's small and quiet- cept for when some of us are blowing our whistles and flutes round my back porch in the evenings. Also have plenty of wide open spaces around to work on those tunes that are specially troublesome. All we bother out there is the wildlife.
NO FREAKING WAY!!!!

Have you seen all the posts about my moving there in a couple of weeks? Going to Twin first and then building in Kanaka Rapids!!!!!!

Do you know Doc Jones?

NO FREAKING WAY!!!!

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=23772

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=23607

FLABBERGASTED!!!! hehe
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
TyroneShoelaces

TyroneShoelaces wrote:Checking in from lovely little Buhl, Idaho. The town's small and quiet- cept for when some of us are blowing our whistles and flutes round my back porch in the evenings. Also have plenty of wide open spaces around to work on those tunes that are specially troublesome. All we bother out there is the wildlife.
oops - norman who's a lurker on this board and plays the fiddle and a little bit of banjo in our rag-tag group of musicians chastised me via email for slighting him and the snake. snake handles the bodhran, sticks or any other percussion he gets his hands on when he's not doing time.

sorry, boys. :oops:
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

TyroneShoelaces wrote:
Walden wrote:Don't tell it around, but my great grandfather used to run shine for his father-in-law, my great-great grandfather, who did time in the state pen for it.
i certainly won't tell as long as you don't
Thanks for your discretion on this.
Reasonable person
Walden
rh

Post by rh »

Last edited by rh on Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
there is no end to the walking
dapple

Post by dapple »

Another whistler from Ohio here.
~ David
lollycross
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by lollycross »

NEVADA reporting in.
I am still here, but afraid to ever post anything.
Everyone seems to think my opinions are bad.
No matter how many CD's I sell at Craft Fairs and how well the public likes them, everyone here seems to feel they aren't worth squat cause
they aren't ITRAD.
Well, my great-grandfather was from Co. Down,
and my grandfather was from Kilmarnock, Scotland, but my mom
and me are from America. Thanks how I talk; thats how I play!!!
I'm here, but just not speaking,
Lolly
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

lollycross wrote:Everyone seems to think my opinions are bad.
That's your opinion, Lolly, and I think it's a bad one. :P

Seriously, I've never thought ill of you! And I'm fierce about trad. Everyone just does what they do, right?
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

lollycross wrote:... everyone here seems to feel they aren't worth squat cause they aren't ITRAD.
Now, that's a pretty broad brush to be paintin' with. I, for one, like LOTS of music that isn't "ITRAD", and I'm sure there are plenty other folks around here who feel the same way. C'mon back and sit a spell.

Cheers,
John
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

lollycross wrote:NEVADA reporting in.
I am still here, but afraid to ever post anything.
Everyone seems to think my opinions are bad.
No matter how many CD's I sell at Craft Fairs and how well the public likes them, everyone here seems to feel they aren't worth squat cause
they aren't ITRAD.
Well, my great-grandfather was from Co. Down,
and my grandfather was from Kilmarnock, Scotland, but my mom
and me are from America. Thanks how I talk; thats how I play!!!
I'm here, but just not speaking,
Lolly
I don't think that's true. I for one like your music a lot. It's just that the puredropitans are often vocally over-opinionated.
Reasonable person
Walden
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Still the broad brush. Again, I'm a "puredropitan", and I think I've managed to be rather broad in my views.

But we're hijacking. Let us resume the other thing, shall we?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Nanohedron reporting in from the state of Ennui, here. :D