Name That Forum User - Winners announced!!!!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

What should my new handle be?

IdahoDown
11%
FunkyBeets
8%
IDAwHOa
44%
SpudStud
8%
SpudMuffin
23%
WesternWhistler
7%

Total votes: 75

Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

My real question is, have you picked out which Milita unit you'll join?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

NorCalMusician wrote: ..................
http://www.kisstherebel.com/gallery/album06
Maybe you should call yourself BUHLDUST
:lol:
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Sunnywindo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sunnywindo »

geek4music wrote:My real question is, have you picked out which Milita unit you'll join?

Ah, ah, ah now....

Contrary to public opinion (or some such), joining a milita unit is NOT a legal requirement for living in Idaho (or Montana, or Wyoming or....) The people there have been known to be similar to other people across the country; somewhat normal, and even nice. :wink:

:) Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Sunnywindo wrote:
geek4music wrote:My real question is, have you picked out which Milita unit you'll join?

Ah, ah, ah now....

Contrary to public opinion (or some such), joining a milita unit is NOT a legal requirement for living in Idaho (or Montana, or Wyoming or....) The people there have been known to be similar to other people across the country; somewhat normal, and even nice. :wink:

:) Sara
They will be even nicer when my family gets there!!!! :thumbsup:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

NorCalMusician wrote:They will be even nicer when my family gets there!!!! :thumbsup:
Is that a threat? :o

:wink:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Hey Steven, I'm sure you have already been through this, but are you all building a house? We are looking to (eventually) move back up to Upstate NY (waaaaaaaaaay upstate....NOT just above NYC :lol: ), and my husband is hankering to build himself a house (he, being the city boy he is). Anyway, yes, I'm being nosey. :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Whereabouts in upstate New York, if you don't mind my asking?

Best wishes,
Jerry
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Whereabouts in upstate New York, if you don't mind my asking?

Best wishes,
Jerry
HEY! This is about Idaho and when I eventually get there!!!!!!! :lol: :D

Anyway, yes, our intentions ARE to build a house on the property in the pictures I linked to. Will I build it? Maybe. My son wants us to anyway.

The buyers came by with a contractor friend of theirs today. Let's just say that when our real estate agent gets back on Friday there will be some damage control to do.

I am also fighting some damage of my own: dryrot. It is in a corner of our enclosed deck. Someone did a crappy job building it and the pest inpsector found it. It just keeps getting worse. :cry: There is time to fix it though.

Yesterday I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel and today I feel like there was a land slide blocking it.

DEEP BREATH and SIGH.

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Whereabouts in upstate New York, if you don't mind my asking?
(continuation of said Idaho Threadjacking....)

Right now it's looking like somewhere near Potsdam. My husband's family is from the Ogdensburg area, with a few more toward Watertown. My mother's family is from the Plattsburgh area (other side of the Northern Tier). So the Potsdam/Malone area seems to be the best compromise at this point. Not to mention the land is great and fairly cheap. It won't be until spring or summer. Chris (hubby) is dying to...I'm ambivalent at this point, however. I tend to think that we WILL end up back "home"....when is really the issue now.
So I'm thinking, Jerry, that if I need a whistle tweeked, I can just take the ride over and have you do it in person. It'd save on shipping costs! :wink:

(here endeth said Idaho Threadjacking....we now take you back to your regularly scheduled programing already in progress...)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

NorCalMusician wrote:Yesterday I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel and today I feel like there was a land slide blocking it.

DEEP BREATH and SIGH.
It has been my experience in buying and selling houses (not that my experience is vast, but you can take it at it's worth if you would like) that it always seems like there are a ton of roadblocks to overcome until you are finally able to get it done.
In other words (and perhaps to put it more simply) that landslide will be cleared sooner than you think, Steven. Besides, we're all pulling for you, so how can you go wrong? :D
I did take a look at the land in your photos. Very beautiful! You'll have to be the one to build the house on that land. I'm sure you son would love it if you did :)
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

izzarina wrote:Hey Steven, I'm sure you have already been through this, but are you all building a house? We are looking to (eventually) move back up to Upstate NY (waaaaaaaaaay upstate....NOT just above NYC :lol: ), and my husband is hankering to build himself a house (he, being the city boy he is). Anyway, yes, I'm being nosey. :)

There's a movie with Cary Grant and Myrna Loy called "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse" you may enjoy watching before taking your big step.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

IDAwHOa made an early break into the lead while the others jockied for possition. At the first turn IDAwHOa had clearly established its lead with SpudMuffin breaking free of the pack and SpudStud and FunkyBeets jostling for the third possition. The other competitors were right on their heels though.

At the half way point IDAwHOa was maintaining a clear advantage with SpudMuffin slowly making up ground. Funky Beets had the slimmest of margins over SpudMuffing. IdahoDown and SpudStud were having a time of establishing 4th. WesternWhistler was still trailing, but not by much.

At the 3/4 mark with have IDAwHOa still in the lead with SpudMuffing holding a solid 2nd and not making any ground on the leader. The back of the pack has bunched up again with IdahoDown running neck and neck with FunkyBeets and Western Whistler catching up to SpudStud. Promises to be an exciting finish for third.

If you are a clear favorite please email me with your address and your order of preference for your prize.

Charlene

Post by Charlene »

You know, in August when it gets really hot you can drive north a few hours and be at Lake Coeur d'Alene. That's a very pretty lake. Or you can go even further north to Lake Pend Oreille or Priest Lake to cool off. Welcome to the Inland Northwest!
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

IZZARINA IS A PROPHETESS!!!!
izzarina wrote:
NorCalMusician wrote:Yesterday I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel and today I feel like there was a land slide blocking it.

DEEP BREATH and SIGH.
It has been my experience in buying and selling houses (not that my experience is vast, but you can take it at it's worth if you would like) that it always seems like there are a ton of roadblocks to overcome until you are finally able to get it done.
In other words (and perhaps to put it more simply) that landslide will be cleared sooner than you think, Steven. Besides, we're all pulling for you, so how can you go wrong? :D
I did take a look at the land in your photos. Very beautiful! You'll have to be the one to build the house on that land. I'm sure you son would love it if you did :)
I just got a call from Renee. The client just finished with her second opinion inspection. Once the pest work is signed off she is ready to have her sig other sign the paperwork. (She is going to Asia for 7 weeks on business and has given him power of attorney.)

I think I am going to cry a good cry tonight!!!!!

jsluder

Post by jsluder »

NorCalMusician wrote:I just got a call from Renee. The client just finished with her second opinion inspection. Once the pest work is signed off she is ready to have her sig other sign the paperwork. (She is going to Asia for 7 weeks on business and has given him power of attorney.)

I think I am going to cry a good cry tonight!!!!!
Good news! :thumbsup:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."