I Finallly Registered!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Danner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

I Finallly Registered!

Post by Danner »

I thought I'd just say hi to everyone and tell you a little about myself. I've been a lurker on the board for probably a year now. I play (or at least know how to play) whistle, concert and Irish flute, concert piccolo, recorder (shudder), and organ. I am a church musician (on flute, not organ). (Hey, I'm just 13, that's way better than babysitting!) I play in a Celtic band, school band, youth orchestra, and take private lessons on concert flute.
P.S. I know my avatar stinks. I don't have enough patience or skill to do cool stuff with images.
"'Tis deeds, not blood, which determine the worth of a being." -Dennis L. McKiernan
Jeferson
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jeferson »

Welcome here!

Jef
NZ_Chris

Post by NZ_Chris »

Wow that's a lot of music in your life. I'm jealous :)

Welcome Danner.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Since Cranberry's incommunicado, I'll do the honors:

Welcome. Post often.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Hey, Danner. Welcome. Wish I'd been at it at 13; good for you!
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Good on you, I've yelled at my parents for not pushing me into music when I was a kid... but I'm only 21 now, there's still time.

Welcome aboard.
emmline

Post by emmline »

OnTheMoor wrote: I've yelled at my parents for not pushing me into music when I was a kid... but I'm only 21 now, there's still time.
Mine did push...it was by virtue of my own underachieving lazy nature that I resisted and didn't practice...Best get those neuronal connections hardwired in before it's too late!
Danner

Post by Danner »

Thanks all! It's nice to get such a warm welcome. I'm addicted to learning new instruments and new styles of music. I've already filled half of our dining room with my music equipment. My mom actually hates taking me to all of these things, but she does really like it when I play in a concert or place well in an audition. Music's my passion! :D
"'Tis deeds, not blood, which determine the worth of a being." -Dennis L. McKiernan
Crysania

Post by Crysania »

Welcome!

Though I still don't get all the antagonism against the recorder...it's a great instrument went played well for the music it was intended for (Renaissance and Baroque music). I play all sorts of recorders (Renaissance) and I love it! :P

~Crysania
<i>~`~"I have nothing to say and I'm saying it." <blockquote>-- John Cage~`~</blockquote></i>
alespa
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

Welcome Danner. Always remember it's what you do with the music, not what instrument you are playing on ;)

matt
dapple

Post by dapple »

Welcome, Danner.

Just think, some day you might be able to say that you have been posting on this board for 50 years! You could accumulate 50,000 posts! Whoa!

But then again, maybe you would rather not think about it.
~ David
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Re: I Finallly Registered!

Post by anniemcu »

Danner wrote:I thought I'd just say hi to everyone and tell you a little about myself. I've been a lurker on the board for probably a year now. I play (or at least know how to play) whistle, concert and Irish flute, concert piccolo, recorder (shudder), and organ. I am a church musician (on flute, not organ). (Hey, I'm just 13, that's way better than babysitting!) I play in a Celtic band, school band, youth orchestra, and take private lessons on concert flute.
P.S. I know my avatar stinks. I don't have enough patience or skill to do cool stuff with images.
Welcome, great to "meet" you, glad you find the music so compelling, wonderful that you have such drive and involvement already at your age (don't "grow" out of it!!), and no, your avatar doesn't "stink"... in fact, I like it.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

welcome danner! it's wonderful to have you here :) I hope that my children have as much love for music as you do :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

When I was 13 I wanted to play the flute and my orthodontist
took down a book "Musical Deformities.' It said that
playing the flute would shorten my upper lip and make
me look like a rabbit for the rest of my life.

'Your upper lip is too short already' he said.
I was 13, what did I know?
No flute.

47 years later I realized it wasn't true and immediately
took up the flute. The orthodontist was a well meant fool;
the book was written by morons.
And even if I wind up looking like a rabbit,
what can it matter at my age?

Welcome aboard!
TXwhistle
Tell us something.: I moved, so I'm in a different city. Not in Texas anymore!!! Although if someone sees that I'm in NYC, maybe they'll know of local places that I can look for whistles.

Post by TXwhistle »

emmline wrote:
OnTheMoor wrote: I've yelled at my parents for not pushing me into music when I was a kid... but I'm only 21 now, there's still time.
Mine did push...it was by virtue of my own underachieving lazy nature that I resisted and didn't practice...Best get those neuronal connections hardwired in before it's too late!
My parents also pushed--I started piano lessons when I was 3 and played half a dozen other instruments by the time I was out of middle school. But believe it or not, no one else in my entire family plays anything! (I think a cousin played flute for a couple of years.) I'm the lucky one!

And welcome to the board, Danner! Post away.