Byll

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jkrazy52 »

Byll, you and your surgical team are in my prayers.Image Don't overdo. Your wisdom will be missed here while your computer Image is in recovery, too!

~Judy
Last edited by jkrazy52 on Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

Byll, hang in there, buddy! I've had back surgery twice, a fusion the second time, and it has worked wonders for me. Like Mary said, each day you'll be a little stronger.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

Wishing you a speedy recovery and relief Byll
Stacey
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Best of luck Byll.

As one who has had serious back surgery I can only echo Mary's very good advice. One case is hardly a scientific way to arrive at an opinion, but I found that a positive attitude and lots of determination with exercise worked wonders for me. My operation was about 8 years ago and I haven't had serious trouble since.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

You'll be back at the hammers in no time.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Hope all goes well, Byll, I'll be thinking about you.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Get well soon Byll, always happy when I see your postings.
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Byll, add my name to the list of your many well-wishers. Take care of yourself and come back soon! :)

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Don't do it Byll; he's a scoundrel that one is! :D Is that really you Bloomy; your voice mail said most emphatically you'd left the country for good (of the country?). Just remember, I'm holding a certain prized Overton A hostage....

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Best wishes to you, Byll, both during the procedure and for a speedy recovery! Your kind and gentle presence will be missed while you are away, and heartily welcomed back upon your return.

~ad
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Good luck Byll. Prayers from the heart that the docs will be on their best behavior on the day of your surgery.

Bloom: What a selfless thing to offer another in need. :)
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

NorCalMusician wrote:Bloom: What a selfless thing to offer another in need. :)
Yes. In fact, Byll, since you are such a great guy and wonderful presence on the board, I consider you a friend. Just for you, I'll take that Burke low D as well. But don't tell anyone.
/Bloomfield
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Bill,

I am sorry to hear that you are having pain and are in need of an operation. I am sending my Prayers and Best Wishes for successful surgery and a speedy recovery. I will be thinking of you as I use the great pair hammers you sent me. I also will be thinking of you as I listen to your wonderful CD's. I have been enjoying them immensely. You have always been there when we needed advice from you. I am glad that we can be there for you as you are going through this. I hope you get your computer up and running soon.

For those of you that haven't bought Bill's CD's yet, here are the links. They are GREAT!!! The main website is: http://www.gladlyplaye.com/ You can purchase the CD's from the links below.

Words & Whistles http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gladlyplaye3
Glad Tydings http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gladlyplaye
228 http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gladlyplaye2

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Stine

Post by Stine »

Holding that whistle you gave me in my hands right now. Best of luck, I hope you get well soon. Take care!
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Such a nice surprise... Thanks be to all. I am using my wife's PC, of which I know little, being a Mac guy. My trusty old Mac (Mrs. Blue) has suffered the Mac equivalent of the PC 'Blue Screen of Death.' I have a dear friend who will try to put her back in working order.

Tommy is my friend and band-mate. I thank him for his concern...One detail he has incorrect. While I do have real back problems, and will face surgery (hopefully in the distant future), this present surgery is not back-related, and is the result of an old injury from the late 1950's...After 50 more years of living, something gave way last Friday, and the fix has been scheduled for November 22nd. Given a week or two after that date, I hope to be back in working order...

Special thanks to Bloo and the croo for offering to keep my low whistles in safe keeping during my incapacitation.

All prayers and positive thoughts cheerfully accepted.
Best to all.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979