OT (and a bit embarrassing): Fellow Rogaine Users?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
RonKiley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by RonKiley »

I never worried about the loss of hair. My father always said, "Grass doesn't grow on a busy street." My mother always said, "It can't come up through concrete."

My brother in law has had a couple of kidney transplants. The anti-rejection medication he takes causes his hair to grow. He has a full thick head of dark black silky hair. He would give it up in a minute if he could have his health back.

Now me, I have all the hair I need. Unfortunately it is all on my back, arms, and chest.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Never used it, but probably am a candidate. I always had the impression that you just get spindly little hairs that fall out the minute you stop using it so its an A+ for the pharma-corps.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Actually, I was just fine with my thinning space back there. Thought it was manly (I need all the help I can get). One evening at a supermarket, though, a package of the stuff was looking at me, and I decided to give it a try, figuring that I'd be one of the cases where it doesn't work, and I'd keep my badge of dudeness.

Well, that's just about gone, now. Damn. Now I have to start going to the gym, or something, instead. *sigh*
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

All this talk got me wondering what I might look like if I were a Baldin' Walden.

Reasonable person
Walden
Tony
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

One day perhaps...
A few years ago I had a 30 year reunion with a former band member... Frankie Banali, drummer for the heavy metal group Quiet Riot. I'm on the left.
My hair is (much) shorter now.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

jsluder wrote:As should be obvious from my avatar, I've never used Rogaine. I read once that losing hair on the top of your head (and gaining hair on your face, chest, back, etc.) is caused by testosterone. So, I figure that means bald guys (especially bald guys with beards) are more manly. :D
That is what Renee says about me!!!

To keep the embarrassing thread going one time she told someone who had made reference to my thinning area, "That just means there is more skin to rub on!"
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

I started thinning around age 18, and by 32, a photo that candidly suggested I was attempting the old Hamlet combover convinced me to take to the clippers.

Now I wear my head skin with pride. The process of balding is potentially embarrassing (mostly because of jibes from friends), but being bald is no problem at all (except for sunburn). Why would I want to return to the days of worrying about hair?

No more day hair days, a baseball cap suffices. No more barber's fees (a pair of clippers run liberally over the bonce once a month does the trick), massive savings on shampoo and other haircare products, no need for a travelling hair dryer, less time spent in the shower. The benefits are enormous.
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

I gave up Rogaine about 5 years ago. For me, it generates nice 'peach fuzz', but that's about it.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

"Touched by the hand of God, and there be his thumbprint!" Is what I say. That or "Friction-burns from the headboard."

Odd how no-one ever believes either.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Martin Milner wrote
No more day hair days, a baseball cap suffices. No more barber's fees (a pair of clippers run liberally over the bonce once a month does the trick), massive savings on shampoo and other haircare products, no need for a travelling hair dryer, less time spent in the shower. The benefits are enormous
Well said old chap!

Besides, why waste all the testosterone on growing hair!

Hair is still growing on the inside of my head, but coming out my ears, my nose and my eyebrows are growing wonky. And some of the shampoo savings goes into purchasing batteries for my ear mower.

MarkB
Last edited by MarkB on Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Thanks for that Jessie. Try Tucks.

I color mine. Started going gray at around 24.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Tony wrote:One day perhaps...
A few years ago I had a 30 year reunion with a former band member... Frankie Banali, drummer for the heavy metal group Quiet Riot. I'm on the left.
My hair is (much) shorter now.
I remember you mentioning a reunion with your old rock band a couple years ago. You played bass. Did you save all that hair after you cut it? Lets have a picture of your new 'white walls" -as we use to call a close shave up and around the ears. :D

Hey folks, loss of hair is nothing a little stem cell reasearch application can't fix. Same with missing teeth.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Not me, as any casual look at my noggin would make clear.

I started shedding at 17. It's never bothered me. Never did a comb-over either. Embraced the Bruce Willis haircut about the same time Bruce Willis did.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

DaleWisely wrote:Not me, as any casual look at my noggin would make clear.

I started shedding at 17. It's never bothered me. Never did a comb-over either. Embraced the Bruce Willis haircut about the same time Bruce Willis did.
I'm not proud or anything, but I have to admit that I am not above making fun of you baldness, Dale. I know you've forgiven me, but still.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=23356
/Bloomfield
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Image 10 years ago
Image 2 years ago...starting to thin.
Me wife hates this picture (don't anyone tell) she actually has a beautiful smile, and teeth.