Utah: A State of Mind?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Been through Utah many a time. Reminds me of Roadrunner cartoons with it's mesas and pinnacles.

We joked about all the atomic testing and came up with a "fight song" called Poor Old Utah.

Once, while taking a bus from San Francisco to Michigan we had to do a two hour stop in SLC. Three or four gentlemen from the back of the bus and I went to a local store and bought a twelve pack. Since this was the late 70's I also had some...shall we say...spleef. Ah what a great time we had. We sat in a little park tokin and jokin. Had a nice sleep on the bus later.

When a thread starts about Colorado I'll tell you about skinny dipping in a snow-melt stream.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Paul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Paul »

Miwokhill wrote:Utah went for Bush 71% to 26% so there must be alot of stupid people there too. --mike
:roll:
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Another thing I really enjoyed in Utah was the thunder storms over the arches and spires.
Flying an airplane down the Green River canyon was also 'right up there.'

emmline, I did hit the return in the next post after Martin's picture
stretched out my original post. I should go back and edit the first one.
(hey, I thought you were a genius!)
susnfx wrote:TWO geniuses, Lorenzo? You forgot me!
Oh! Sorry! I didn't forget you! I simply didn't think it prudent to mention
what we've all suspected. You did finally mispell a word the other day, you know!
So, I had to lower your IQ to 139. :D

BTW, I forgot to mention that the smartest guy in the world lives in
Miwokhill's home state. It should be obvious who he voted for! Right?
Hey Mikokhill...did you hear about the military IQ test results of Kerry
and Bush. It never made hot news, but Bush's was higher. Kerry said
that was impossible since his records hadn't been released. -New York Times

Beautiful sunrise, Brian!
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

vomitbunny wrote:People that wear cowboy hats and boots tend to vote for other people that wear cowboy hats and boots.
Stereotypical drivel ;) . My three brothers, who have all lived in Utah most of their lives, have a band and one of their regular gigs is to play once a year at a Western Legends festival in their little town in southern Utah. They had to go out and buy cowboy hats so they'd fit in with the atmosphere of the festival - not one of them owned one.

Susan

P.S. Lorenzo, that wasn't a spelling error - it was a typo.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Lorenzo wrote: emmline, I did hit the return in the next post after Martin's picture
stretched out my original post. I should go back and edit the first one.
(hey, I thought you were a genius!)
Yup, my bad. I figured this was the sort of picture it was worth posting in total. Good thing I didn't have my digital camera back then or you might have got a complete 360!
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

emmline wrote:Bloomie, didn't realize you used to be a backpacking
hippie dude. But then, I can't smell your avatar, and
maybe you've showered since then.
There may be one or two other things about me you haven't realized. ;)
/Bloomfield
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Bloomfield wrote:There may be one or two other things about me you haven't realized. ;)
Pray tell me madam, what might they be? :wink:
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Lorenzo wrote: Hey Mikokhill...did you hear about the military IQ test results of Kerry
and Bush. It never made hot news, but Bush's was higher. Kerry said
that was impossible since his records hadn't been released. -New York Times
From someone who scored a fairly high number on that test around the same time that Bush and Kerry took it, I wouldn't place too much significance on it. I believe an average score meant you could match wits with a bag of rocks. I used to wonder back then, and still do, just how smart we had to be to move across semi-open ground being sprayed by an automatic weapon when the only reason for doing it was because some other genius *suggested* that we get off of our %@#@s and do it. I have to agree with our president - - it makes more sense to lie back in your easy chair, put your feet up and let someone else do it for you.

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Miwokhill

Post by Miwokhill »

I know it sounds a little ignorant calling republicans stupid, or jerks, but that's what I think. This is really just about how people think politically because I have nothing to say bad about the folks in Utah, outside of the polital arena. ---That jeopardy guy is something else! I think he's won 70 shows up to now. There's 2 weeks of college tournament and then they are back with the regular shows.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Miwokhill wrote:I know it sounds a little ignorant calling republicans stupid, or jerks, but that's what I think. This is really just about how people think politically because I have nothing to say bad about the folks in Utah, outside of the polital arena.
That's what's technically known as the "baby-self" speaking. Grow up, I know it hurts.
/Bloomfield
Miwokhill

Post by Miwokhill »

You're probably right but I'll pass on your free advice. Actually I think people are more brainwashed than simply stupid and I'll apologize for saying that they were. -mike
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

An incredible panoramic shot there, Martin. Having never been to Utah, at least that I can remember, I must say it has some gorgeous scenery. Now if I can just get this crick out of my neck following that looooooong pan. Ouch!

By the way, Martin, has anyone ever told you that you're the sptting image of the guy that used to be on Route 66. Are you bothered much by autograph hounds? :)

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
emmline

Post by emmline »

Lorenzo wrote: (hey, I thought you were a genius!)
Sorry, no. That would be my brother. Recently I had to be polite at a neighborhood picnic while his 1st grade teacher regaled me with stories of what a smart child he was.
I was the 3rd child, and they ran out of brains by then.
Bloomfield wrote:There may be one or two other things about me you haven't realized. wink
you think? Well, being in no position to unveil your secrets, I'll just have to leave it to imagination.
jbarter wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:There may be one or two other things about me you haven't realized. ;)
Pray tell me madam, what might they be? :wink:
If Bloomfield's a "madam," he has disguised that one well.
Will O'B wrote: I wouldn't place too much significance on it. I believe an average score meant you could match wits with a bag of rocks.
Will O'Ban
I went through a phase in which I took many such tests for "fun," and have scored a 40 point spread, so I do believe they're hardly precision tools.
(or maybe it's my circuitry that's imprecise.)
suejnnhe

Post by suejnnhe »

Miwokhill wrote:You're probably right but I'll pass on your free advice. Actually I think people are more brainwashed than simply stupid and I'll apologize for saying that they were. -mike
So---the whole state, or is it Republicans in general, are brain-washed? Dare I ask where you get your info? Until you have an opinion besides that some entire group is "stupid" I don't think too many people will take what you have to say seriously.

Susan
HeySue!
_________
Don't Panic!
TomB

Post by TomB »

suejnnhe wrote:
Miwokhill wrote:You're probably right but I'll pass on your free advice. Actually I think people are more brainwashed than simply stupid and I'll apologize for saying that they were. -mike
So---the whole state, or is it Republicans in general, are brain-washed? Dare I ask where you get your info? Until you have an opinion besides that some entire group is "stupid" I don't think too many people will take what you have to say seriously.

Susan
...and since this is a thread about Utah, I would suggest if there is more debate/response on this, that it be taken to the political thread.

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"