OT...Monty Python...what's your fave?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
rh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by rh »

What's the point of going abroad if you're just another tourist carted around in buses surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs from Kettering and Coventry in their cloth caps and their cardigans and their transistor radios and their Sunday Mirrors, complaining about the tea - "Oh they don't make it properly here, do they, not like at home" - and stopping at Majorcan bodegas selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamares and two veg and sitting in their cotton frocks squirting Timothy White's suncream all over their puffy raw swollen purulent flesh 'cos they "overdid it on the first day."

And being herded into endless Hotel Miramars and Bellvueses and Continentales with their modern international luxury roomettes and draught Red Barrel and swimming pools full of fat German businessmen pretending they're acrobats forming pyramids and frightening the children and barging into queues and if you're not at your table spot on seven you miss the bowl of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, the first item on the menu of International Cuisine, and every Thursday night the hotel has a bloody cabaret in the bar, featuring a tiny emaciated dago with nine-inch hips and some bloated fat tart with her hair brylcreemed down and a big arse presenting Flamenco for Foreigners.

And adenoidal typists from Birmingham with flabby white legs and diarrhoea trying to pick up hairy bandy-legged wop waiters called Manuel and once a week there's an excursion to the local Roman Remains to buy cherryade and melted ice cream and bleeding Watney's Red Barrel and one evening you visit the so called typical restaurant with local colour and atmosphere and you sit next to a party from Rhyl who keep singing "Torremolinos, torremolinos" and complaining about the food - "It's so greasy isn't it?" - and you get cornered by some drunken greengrocer from Luton with an Instamatic camera and Dr. Scholl sandals and last Tuesday's Daily Express and he drones on and on about how Mr. Smith should be running this country and how many languages Enoch Powell can speak and then he throws up over the Cuba Libres...
there is no end to the walking
Caj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Caj »

Don't forget the Latin lesson from Life of Brian. "Oh thank you sir! Hail Caesar and everything sir!"

Brian might have been the most coherent of the Python movies, but it still has so many random things in it that I forget a few every time I see it. Last time I watched the movie with my friends, I had completely forgotten that there was a scene that took place in outer space.

It's great that after seeing the movie so many times I can still share some of the same "what the Hell?" moments with folks that never saw it before.

Caj
lillythepink57

Post by lillythepink57 »

There's just too much!
I have the monty python song book (or bongo sok) at home and i love singing along to every thing.
like the Brian song, the Bruces Philosophers song (and by the way it's Wooloomooloo), I like Chinese, Finland, Camelot, the money song, Eric the half a bee, I've got two legs, never be rude to an arab, all things dull and ugly, every sperm is sacred, decomposing composers, always look on the bright side of life, the accountancy sea shanty, and the galaxy song.
there are sooo many skits too, like the marraige one, and castle anthrax from HG, and i have "and now for something completely different" on dvd which is full of awesome skits, like my favourite, Conrad Poohs and his Dancing Teeth!
Let's drink, a drink, a drink, to Lilly the Pink, the Pink, the Pink, the saviour of the human race! :) :) :)
Tres

Post by Tres »

Monty Python Rules!!!

Favorite Movie: Holy Grail

Favorite Sketch: Upperclass Twit of the Year, or maybe the Architect Sketch, or maybe the Police using the occult to catch criminals sketch, or maybe the lifeboat sketch ("ok men, I'm a goner-- you'd better eat me!" "I'd rather eat Johnson!"), or maybe... Oh heck, they're all great!

Favorite song: "I like Chinese" (hides as people throw things at him)

Peace

Tres

P.S. "Semprini!"
moxy

Post by moxy »

Live at the Hollywood Bowl... Wish I still had the video!!

I love the parrot sketch, Eric the half a bee, the traffic lights (oh god....), Blessed are the Cheesemakers... Bruce, Emanual Kant, the lumberjack...

I've got two legs from my hips to the ground and when I move they walk around...

And of course, the church bells - oh look!!

How about "You tell the young people of today that, and they won't believe you..."

"Tattooed on the back of his neck!!" Terry Gilliam is brilliant in that one, as the mother...
Nyte

Post by Nyte »

They did a re-release of the Live performances not too long ago.
Onto DVD....it's a two disc set, with I think four live shows.
So...now you can watch your Live at Hollywood Bowl,
and have more to watch after you've recovered!

'...and they'de slice us in two with a bread knife.'
lillythepink57

Post by lillythepink57 »

Live at the hollywood bowl is soo great!
i love Albatross, the Dead bishop/strawberry tart sketch and the sketch where they teach the basics of comedy.
Terry Gilliam does make a pretty good woman!
Let's drink, a drink, a drink, to Lilly the Pink, the Pink, the Pink, the saviour of the human race! :) :) :)
xoot

Post by xoot »

Nobody has mentioned an old favourite of mine

the embarrassing noises sketch....
-------------
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

anyone note that John Cleese plays "Uncle Monty" in the "Series of Unfortunate Events"...? That finally bumpt me wee noggin earlier today. (over the tops of glasses) Coincidence?
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
jonharl

Post by jonharl »

You've got to addmit Cleese was brilliant in Fawlty Towers.
whistlerroberto

Post by whistlerroberto »

hmmm...favorite monty python, eh? So hard to decide! :D . Well, some of my fav's are the quest for the holy grail, the sketch with the obsessive kitchen staff "you have dirty...smelly fork." the cheese shop.

Anybody here see the John Clesses video "How to irritate people." :P
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

scottielvr wrote:..and who could forget:
Immanual Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable;

. . .
I think I sang that once to my high school history students.

Movie: Life of Brian
Sketch: Ministry of silly walks
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
Pat Cannady

Post by Pat Cannady »

I vill not buy thees rrrrecorrd, eet ees scratched...
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

:lol: ... our budgiegar gets twitchy whenever I even *think* about the "Wot do yer do with a dead budgie?" skit...
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Jon-M

Post by Jon-M »

I thought all this stuff was supposed to be on the Pub. Not that one "discussion" is a big deal, but it opens the door again to another avalanche of OT stuff that supposedly was relegated to a place where people actually care to read it.