Winter Chiff Gathering (Already???)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ancatsidhe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Any Chance of Carpool?

Post by ancatsidhe »

"L, you're certainly welcome to ride up with me. Blackhawk, are you interested in carpooling?"

Woohoo! Thank you!

L
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

DCrom wrote:
mvhplank wrote:
ancatsidhe wrote:So... is there any chance that someone could perhaps give me a ride? Or let me know of other such gatherings in the San Jose area? Please?

Thank you,

L (the newbie)
C'mon folks--surely SOMEONE can give my poor (in a literal sense) daughter a ride...

M
I haven't been on the board much the last few days (travelling), or I would have already offered. Some of us had been kicking around the idea of carpooling, but I don't think we have it nailed down.

L, you're certainly welcome to ride up with me. Blackhawk, are you interested in carpooling?

Dana
Definitely, Dana! And L, if Dana has to make a sudden trip to Korea, you can still go with me, so no worries!

What time shall we leave that day, gang?

L, I'll send you a PM with my phone number.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

blackhawk wrote:
DCrom wrote:
mvhplank wrote: C'mon folks--surely SOMEONE can give my poor (in a literal sense) daughter a ride...

M
I haven't been on the board much the last few days (travelling), or I would have already offered. Some of us had been kicking around the idea of carpooling, but I don't think we have it nailed down.

L, you're certainly welcome to ride up with me. Blackhawk, are you interested in carpooling?

Dana
Definitely, Dana! And L, if Dana has to make a sudden trip to Korea, you can still go with me, so no worries!

What time shall we leave that day, gang?

L, I'll send you a PM with my phone number.
It's about an hour's run up from San Jose - does 12:00 or 12:30 work for everyone?

I should be reasonably safe from unexpected travel - I just got back from Korea today.

On-Topic: Didn't have a lot of free time, but Monday I had an hour free between meetings and went walking in Seoul's Olympic park. Despite the wind, I played "Kitty's Gone A-Milking" from a ridge overlooking the river. I also played for about 25 minutes in the airport while waiting to board. Gradually, I'm overcoming my nervousness about playing in public.

Darvis, you have my home phone, but I'll PM you both my new cell number.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Looking forward to next Sat. Just so you know, my mom is in Ireland and won't be here for the fun. It also means we don't have to migrate down to Weekender's for after-hours music playing, though we could always go down and tear up his house for fun.

Yes, my mom knows the party is still going on and I have her permission to use her house in her bsence. Her 90yr old sister was getting feeble finally, and there was concern that she might pass away soon. At this moment, that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyway, the cat's away and the mice can play.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
stiofan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

Just wondering - is anyone bringing a Burke Al low D Viper on Saturday? With all the attention it's getting on the board, I'd really like to see one up close. I'll be bringing an Overton, KerryPro, Chieftains (all low Ds) a Burke DBSBT and assorted other noisemakers. And my new Casey Burns Folk Flute.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Not bringing the AL Viper, but I WILL have a couple of whistles available for sale whilst there.

A Burke Composite Low D, a Thin Weasel Cocobolo Low A, a Busman Delrin High D, a Weston Sapele High C and MAYBE a Thin Weasel Blackwood High D.

No prices posted, someone might take offense at that. :roll: So if you will be there Saturday and are interested please lets deal at that time. Come see what I have and save some shipping!!!!!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

NorCalMusician wrote:Not bringing the AL Viper, but I WILL have a couple of whistles available for sale whilst there.
<list of whistles deleted>

Drat you, NorCal! I've succumbed to your blandishments in the past, but I am stronger now (and my wallet is emptier). I will resist the temptation you put before me!

Nice looking list of whistles, though.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

DCrom wrote:
NorCalMusician wrote:Not bringing the AL Viper, but I WILL have a couple of whistles available for sale whilst there.
<list of whistles deleted>

Drat you, NorCal! I've succumbed to your blandishments in the past, but I am stronger now (and my wallet is emptier). I will resist the temptation you put before me!

Nice looking list of whistles, though.
Ah, you are NOT safe yet. Wait until you see the SECRET Whistle I did not mention. Ooooo la la.... sweeeeet stuff.

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
BoneQuint

Post by BoneQuint »

As situations sift themselves out, it looks like I should be there, maybe in the afternoon -- but now, I have to run around in circles so I can sit around and wait for such things to happen, imitating patience.
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

I'll be bringing my Burke "Pro-session" D, my Busman kingwood, my Sweetheart Pro, my Elfsongs and probably a couple of others with me, if there are any there anyone's been wanting to try.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Redwolf wrote:I'll be bringing my Burke "Pro-session" D, my Busman kingwood, my Sweetheart Pro, my Elfsongs and probably a couple of others with me, if there are any there anyone's been wanting to try.

Redwolf
I'll bring my den of Serpents (Polly, Brassy Polly, and Sweet Polly Ds, SunSinger A, Python F), Dixons (High D & Bb, Low D Duo flute/whistle), Chieftain Bb, Syn D (aluminum - "new" Syn I think), and Howard Low D (pretty common, I guess, but I didn't spot one at the last two gatherings).

I'll have the usual collection of self-tweaked cheapies, too, but I think we all have a bunch of those.
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

Hey, BQ, you up for some Bones lessons? I'd like to give that a try, looks like fun.

I'll have my Bleazeys, O'Riordans, Overtons, Syns, Weasels and Westons.

MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

No Politics!! I swear I'll blow my top if I see one of you guys trying to gloat! So it's just better and safer if nobody mentions politics.
No I'm not returning...
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

MurphyStout wrote:No Politics!! I swear I'll blow my top if I see one of you guys trying to gloat! So it's just better and safer if nobody mentions politics.
Jack, I promise - no gloating. And I'll try not to even mention it, or anything else political.

Though we disagree on politics, I like you (and respect you quite a bit as a musician) - the last thing I want to do is get into a big political argument, with you or anyone else. I think we've had a sufficiency of those over the last few months, both on the board and in real life.

(And I really should quite reading and posting on the political thread - I think we're all mostly rehashing our positions, generating a lot of heat and rancor.)

Are you still underage, or can I offer to buy you a beer? If not a beer, can I offer a soda, or something else you *can* drink?

What tunes are you working on? And what are you listening to, these days?

Dana
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I can't remember politrix ever being discussed. People are too busy trying to remember the tune that is going on or discern the differences between whistles in the racket. As if!

Although I did not support Kerry, I am not in a gloat-atious mood. Seriously, I just feel numb about all of it.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?