a little boost!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
jenaceae
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

a little boost!

Post by jenaceae »

emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

yep. my brother-in-law sent me that one.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

There's an old Yiddish expression: From your mouth to God's ear!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

brewerpaul wrote:There's an old Yiddish expression: From your mouth to God's ear!
I know that God is listening, and as tempting as this one is . . . I shall let it pass. :wink:

Will O'Ban (God has temporarily left the building)
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
suejnnhe

I wanna know.....

Post by suejnnhe »

How they got that kitty to hold still for that! I mean, don't you think that would tickle? :P :lol:
HeySue!
_________
Don't Panic!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: I wanna know.....

Post by Nanohedron »

suejnnhe wrote:How they got that kitty to hold still for that! I mean, don't you think that would tickle? :P :lol:
What am I missing? I didn't see no kitty. Looked twice, too.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Nanohedron wrote: What am I missing? I didn't see no kitty. Looked twice, too.
jenaceae's avatar..
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I liked the first two frames, then it got boring REALLY fast.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I guess it's like visualizing grilled cheese.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
TyroneShoelaces

Post by TyroneShoelaces »

NorCalMusician wrote:I liked the first two frames, then it got boring REALLY fast.
I don't understand your point . . . are you saying that you don't like the idea of cleaning up the mess in this country and America getting back on track as a force that can be respected instead of feared? :-? When I saw the film clip for the first time on this morning after the election I felt like that glimmer of hope was being flushed down the toilet. :(
ever been mugged by a quaker?
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

TyroneShoelaces wrote:
NorCalMusician wrote:I liked the first two frames, then it got boring REALLY fast.
I don't understand your point . . . are you saying that you don't like the idea of cleaning up the mess in this country and America getting back on track as a force that can be respected instead of feared? :-? (
I think the point is that in lieu of WHAT the clip was about, your feelings on it are very relative. Those that hate Kerry aren't going to think that was a wonderful thing to watch, for it's not what they feel is the correct "vision" of what this country needs.. Kerry fans of course love it, for it shows what they feel needs to happen to "fix" things in this country. You forget that there ARE quite a few people who feel that the current administration had been going in the right direction in this country all along and why fix what's not broken. Not saying that Steven is one of those people...he may have just disliked it because it was...well...BORING! ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
TyroneShoelaces

izzarina wrote: You forget that there ARE quite a few people who feel that the current administration had been going in the right direction in this country all along and why fix what's not broken.
Nope . . . didn't forget that at all. I suppose it's more a matter of not understanding why they thought the current adminstration was going in the right direction. I tried mightily to figure out how dragging their feet on establishing the 9-11 commission and refusing to listen to the commission's suggestions and still allowing all of the vulnerabilites with our chemical plants, et cetera to exist is making us safer. How more of the same failing policies in Iraq, and refusing to re-evaluate their game plan when they see it's not working, is taking us in the right direction. How allowing their buddies -- who helped place them in power -- to rewrite our enviromental regulations and make our air and water dirtier for all of us is making us healthier. How promising to do over the next four years what they refused to do over their last four years for education, the economy, et cetera is believable. How the attitude that, "I guess I must have made some mistake while I've been president, but just can't think of what that might be right now" is not arrogant and out of touch with reality. I could go on, but I'm sure you know what I'm getting at. Try as hard as I did to understand, I just can't understand how people can believe the admistration when they say they have been doing the right thing, there is no better way to do it, and these same people scream, "Give us four more years of the same thing!" :boggle: It's clear the current administration has no intention of changing any of their policies on anything.

Maybe John Kerry didn't explain his positions fully, but it was clear that he would not have blindly kept on with the policies I mentioned above.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

It was B O R I N G

I would have said the same thing if it was a Bush thing, or Nader or anyone of that ilk. The thing that pissed me off the most was the bait and switch garbage. I was looking for some REAL hope, not political hype and posturing.

Politics will NOT solve the problems of the world. Politics ARE the problem with the world. That clip certainly is not intended to solve the problems of the world, only to create more division and angst.

Sheesh. :roll:

Go fight your battle in the political thread.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Wanderer wrote:
Nanohedron wrote: What am I missing? I didn't see no kitty. Looked twice, too.
jenaceae's avatar..
Oh. Right. :oops:
TyroneShoelaces

NorCalMusician wrote: Politics will NOT solve the problems of the world. Politics ARE the problem with the world. That clip certainly is not intended to solve the problems of the world, only to create more division and angst.

Sheesh. :roll:

Go fight your battle in the political thread.
So, what would you say your position is on politics then? For or against? :lol:

I didn't know that I was "fighting" or "battling" with anyone ... Sheesh, it seems I'm always the last one to find these things out. :-?