Way way OT. Best Chiff Chap

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
toughknot
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by toughknot »

Nanohedron wrote:Come to think of it, has he gone missing?

He has bought a flute and seems to have been drawn to another force. You may find him on the flute forum.
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Re: Way way OT. Best Chiff Chap

Post by anniemcu »

izzarina wrote:
CHIFF FIPPLE wrote:Over the year we have seen, wondrous scribings from Bloomie, titillating titbits from Amar, delectable delight's from crannberry,debonair deliverys from Dale.
But who's the captivating celestial Chiffie Chappy.
Will it be Norcal,Glauber,or Brewer Paul.
Who is Whistledoms whistlman Of the Year :boggle: :o
Hmmm....I really don't know. Each one of the Chiff Chaps add something different to my day, and it's hard to pick which of them I would like best. Maybe they should each tell us WHY we should pick them. Yeah, that's it...like a debate of sorts, only not a debate :wink:
i vote we do a calendar of Cherished Chiff Chappies... that way we can honor a bunch , set up an interesting tradition and make a few cents... LOL! Hey... making cents!... that's new!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

anniemcu wrote:
izzarina wrote:
CHIFF FIPPLE wrote:Over the year we have seen, wondrous scribings from Bloomie, titillating titbits from Amar, delectable delight's from crannberry,debonair deliverys from Dale.
But who's the captivating celestial Chiffie Chappy.
Will it be Norcal,Glauber,or Brewer Paul.
Who is Whistledoms whistlman Of the Year :boggle: :o
Hmmm....I really don't know. Each one of the Chiff Chaps add something different to my day, and it's hard to pick which of them I would like best. Maybe they should each tell us WHY we should pick them. Yeah, that's it...like a debate of sorts, only not a debate :wink:
i vote we do a calendar of Cherished Chiff Chappies... that way we can honor a bunch , set up an interesting tradition and make a few cents... LOL! Hey... making cents!... that's new!
I vote thats a great Idea, 8) and that you should be the one to get it together. :)
I will order my copy now :party:
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

anniemcu wrote:
Heh, you seem to be "in tune" with others here! :o

But don't try to charge what it is worth or someone might complain about it!!!! :roll: (appologies if you have not read the thread that elicited this comment)
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Um. Is this supposed to be funny?
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

toughknot wrote:

He has bought a flute and seems to have been drawn to another force. You may find him on the flute forum.
No excuse. I'm mainly a flute player, hardly play whistles at all, and I have no trouble posting my dreck here.
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Nanohedron wrote:
toughknot wrote:

No excuse. I'm mainly a flute player, hardly play whistles at all, and I have no trouble posting my dreck here.
I have seen a goodly amount of dreck here in the past year. Your dreck, Nano, has always been classy dreck.

PS... Thank you for teaching me that word (as they might say in "The Merchant of Venice"), I must use it at the office tomorrow at every available opportunity. Although it will not compensate for my complete lack of feathers, I feel it will go some way to relieving my ennui. :)
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

i've been wondering, why is it that so many german words are being used in the english languague, more than it used to be, you used to say gesundheit, angst...just some on top of my head, but you didn't hear all that much german in english...why do you think it's changing? or, is it?

by the way, dreck=dirt.
emmline

Post by emmline »

because German is cool.
energy

Post by energy »

Über cool, even.
"I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
"I'm the goodest sheep rider there is. Except Jesus." - Koby Blunt, multiple time rodeo champion, age 6
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

amar wrote:i've been wondering, why is it that so many german words are being used in the english languague, more than it used to be, you used to say gesundheit, angst...just some on top of my head, but you didn't hear all that much german in english...why do you think it's changing? or, is it?

by the way, dreck=dirt.
Got it from the Yiddish back when peppering your speech with Yiddish was fashionable in the US. I assumed "dreck" was from the German, originally. Now that I'm getting to be an alter kocker, I still do that, even if I'm a shegetz. :wink:

Classy dreck? Why, thank you, Gary!

BTW, I believe the Yiddish meaning leans more toward garbage and excreta. Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Oh, and Gary, may I say that your dreck is top-shelf itself.
rh

Post by rh »

amar wrote:i've been wondering, why is it that so many german words are being used in the english languague, more than it used to be, you used to say gesundheit, angst...just some on top of my head, but you didn't hear all that much german in english...why do you think it's changing?
must just be the zeitgeist.
there is no end to the walking
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

rh wrote:
amar wrote:i've been wondering, why is it that so many german words are being used in the english languague, more than it used to be, you used to say gesundheit, angst...just some on top of my head, but you didn't hear all that much german in english...why do you think it's changing?
must just be the zeitgeist.
Not in my Weltanschauung.