OT: How About My Boston Red Sox?!?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
brianc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

OT: How About My Boston Red Sox?!?

Post by brianc »

WOO HOO!

86 years and a wake up, and the CURSE IS GONE!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by brianc on Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MikeyLikesIt
antispam: No

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

Heck yah, they earned it! :D
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Congrats Boston! Next year, the Cubs! :D
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

CUBS!!!CUBS!!!CUBS!!!CUBS!!!CUBS!!!CUBS!!!CUBS!!!CUBS!!!CUBS!!!
Joseph E. Smith

Nice to see that I'm not the only CUB fan on the boards. Happy to hear that Boston broke their curse...now it is time for the CUBS to do so.......anybody got a goat? :D
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

how bout a hambuger, hambuger, no coke, Pepsi, fires???
Joseph E. Smith

...no fries, chips. :D
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

Yea that was good news. Someone hit a transformer near my house yesterday and we are still out of power. The batteries were dead in the radio too, so I checked on the game later in my truck. My kids enjoyed the dark though.

After the Dodgers were taken out I started routing for the Red Sox.
wolvy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by wolvy »

Maybe it took a lunar eclipse to pull it off, but yahoo!!!! The curse is broken. ...and I have to admit, the Cardinal's infield was amazing! Especially Mr. Poo-Holes !!! What a great 1st baseman!!!

They'll be playing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" as an Irish jig in the sessions in Boston tonight!
No E

Post by No E »

How about those poor barstards in Chicago?

The White Sox haven't won the series since 1916, the Cubs since 1908!

Congrats to all in Bean Town!

No (more curs)E
tompipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by tompipes »

Feckin Cardinals............
eric

Post by eric »

For most Red Sox fans, the meaningful battle was with the Yankees. ~That~ was the real Main Event, a nerve-wracking, sweat-it-out to the end series. And the Curse was in full effect: the high hopes for a game 1 Schilling victory dashed by the ankle injury. The high hopes of a Pedro victory dashed by no run support... The Sox fell behind 3 games to none with that mega butt-whooping 19-8 loss. They were one inning away from losing, and Riveira on the mound.... You cant get any darker, or more typical Red Sox than that. After so many years of disappointment, it was "deja vu all over again"

But there's Dave Roberts looking like someone put starting blocks at 1st base... the gritty, extra-innings battles... the hops that historically would go against the Sox went against the Yanks. The calls that normally would go against the Sox were Reversed to the Right Calls. And finally, winner takes all in game 7.

I betcha there isnt one Red Sox fan who's pucker factor didnt go to "11" seeing Pedro come out in relief in game 7. It's a move that could only bring life back to the Yankees fans, and taunt the Gods to intervene. No sooner said then the Yanks scored 2 quick runs. Once again the Sox made you wonder if they were going to snatch defeat from the jaws of their improbable come-from-behind victory. But, as we all know, Bells are rung to dispel evil spirits, so Bellhorn's ear jarring, rattling home run against the foul pole rang out that the Yanks wont make a come back this time... it tolled loud and clear that the Curse Was Dead.

All that was left was to collect the spoils of the World Series. IMO, they didnt need to win the world series to break the curse-- they needed to break the curse to win the world series. And that's what they did. Seeing all the Babe Ruth pictures brought out by the Cardinals fans: as a Red Sox fan, i couldnt but look at the now-meaningless paraphenalia and exclaim they wont help you now... you dont understand the curse: it was broken in New York....

But even if that wasnt enough: the planets aligned for a full lunar eclipse, celestially signalling a sweep in game 4, and a new light born out of darkness.