dog pictures

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
scottielvr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scottielvr »

Scotties were also bred as working dogs; their job was to go after ill-tempered burrowing critters such as badgers. Hence the short stature...and considerable courage. Miss Fergie has no fear whatsoever of Rottweilers five times her size... and she's quite the huntress, occasionally dispatching a rabbit or possum and presenting it for our approval.
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

i really love dogs, those are great pictures cran, thanks. I grew up with a dog, an autralian sheepdog, he was the very best.
claudine
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

Booger is my favourite about Cran's dogs - so cute!

This is Ricky, our family's dog. He's not too smart, but he can be nice if he's in the mood.
Whistling Willie
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Post by Whistling Willie »

This is Suki (in the middle) my Japanese Akita-inu,she was only 6 weeks old here.She's a bit bigger now,so I will post a cpl of more pics of her when I get home from work.
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

Whistling Willie, these puppies are incredibly sweet.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:Wanderer wrote:"it was the evil-looking camera eye glare that made me do it."
===============================================

Just to answer a possible trivia question in your future...that reflectiveness is caused by a membrane in the back of the dog's eye called a tapetum. It's highly reflective, usually giving off a blue to green glow when lit, designed to make the best of very low light, allowing dogs, cat's and other non-humans to be able to see a good bit better than we in the dark. A pretty cool thing to have in one's arsenal of 'special things' if you ask me. :)
Yeah..but that doesn't explain the huge fangs or the evil lizard eye... ;)
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Wanderer wrote: "Yeah..but that doesn't explain the huge fangs or the evil lizard eye... "
==============================================
....no, it doesn't. ummmmmmm...lessee........hey, how about this?: .....Jack Palance was denied a brief cameo in a Hardee's October add campaign waaaaaaaaay back in 1978, and upon the very second he was delivered of this communication, he took it upon hisself to see to it that all life (...or unemployed actors) were given, or assured, the right to portray non-reality characters (historical or others) as they should see fit for profit. As a result we were gifted by such films as :__________________________...(name your least favorite slasher flick featuring Billy Crystal, Sean Penn, Tom Cruise, John Clease or Bevely Siddownome....here) and so many, many more.

The fangs came so much later. :D
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

scottielvr wrote:Miss Fergie has no fear whatsoever of Rottweilers five times her size...
A former boss had a whippet that was like that. He always healed pretty quickly, though. :P
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Great thread! Plenty of cutie-pies here... Suki is adorable! ...and here's my latest adopted carpet shark: Chester. He's an Australian shepherd mix with some Shar-Pei in him.
His baby picture:
Currently, at about 8 months...in full chew:
Joseph E. Smith

... a "bone-ified" candidate for cutie of the year...sweet looking doggie!
emmline

Post by emmline »

This is Freddi outside her favorite coffee shop. She enjoys the doggie biscuits, but is still wary of java after the day Jeff spilled his on her head.

edit: pure pound puppy...our best guess is some combo of Shepherd and terrier, along the lines of a Jack Russell. Don't ask me how they bred.
Last edited by emmline on Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Joseph, that little wading pool Squeegee's in...is it for him? Seems like a good idea for summer in Florida. BTW, how did Sanibel hold up through the quadruple hurricanes? Is it still there? I hope so. It was one of the few completely lovely places left on that sandspit where I grew up, a/k/a Swing State South.

Another cutie-pie in Freddi... looks like she's got some shepherd or maybe rottie in her? Hard to tell... I like that "hitching post." Pity about the coffee spill. Hope Jeff got sent to the doghouse for that... or better yet, Freddi sued him :wink: (Chester likes coffee, and will lap it out of your cup if you turn your back. He doesn't believe me when I tell him that caffeine will stunt his growth. Teenagers).
Joseph E. Smith

A very nice looking Jack...uh...no...I guess it is now "Parson Russell's' Terrier..........what a load of.......%$#@&*@

What a fine looking terrier! Freddy, you're the Pup! :)
Joseph E. Smith

Scottielovr: "Joseph, that little wading pool Squeegee's in...is it for him? Seems like a good idea for summer in Florida. BTW, how did Sanibel hold up through the quadruple hurricanes? Is it still there? I hope so. It was one of the few completely lovely places left on that sandspit where I grew up, a/k/a Swing State South. "
===============================================
....To the best of my knowledge, Sanibel Island has undergone a few oceanic/geological changes since 'Charlie"....and subsequent ELE storms. In fact, the causeway area beach where my wife took that photo is most likely much...much, much narrower ( awwww hell, could even be much wider...given the debris that storm whipped up) than it used to be. I am worried about the wild life center based there.....I can only hope that they survived and are still functioning.

Yes, the pool is his private sanctuary. My wife and I do not travel anywhere unless Squeegee comes with.....and that includes his wading pool.

He is a very spoiled dog...and as a veterinary technician...I ought to know better....but................................................................. :D
:D
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:He is a very spoiled dog...and as a veterinary technician...I ought to know better....but................................................................. :D
:D
Yes, you ought to know better. It's obvious you're not spoiling him enough. :wink: