OT - iRiver HP-120

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
NicoMoreno
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

OT - iRiver HP-120

Post by NicoMoreno »

Well... I did it...

Thanks for the info colomon: I went ahead and bought the iRiver HP-120.

I think I am going to enjoy using it. And I never have to carry cds with me again!

I am going to try out its recording abilities tonight!

Interesting aesthetic fact: My dad said it looked "old". ie the style is an older style --> it has chrome trim... I like it.

FWIW: These are being discontinued. The new ones have a two inch colour LCD screen and are able to display bmps and jpgs. Other than that, and the fact that you get less in the package, there isn't much that is different I guess... Why didn't I wait? Less in the package! (Plus I don't know if the new ones can record in wav format, or only in mp3)
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

I just love my HP-120, I've had it for a few months now and it's still working :-)
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I like mine, too. I wish there was a gain control on the internal mic. Also, I find that I have to consult the manual A LOT. I've had it for several months, and, while I don't use it on a daily basis, I still can't figure out the hierarchy of functions, often I just have to press random buttons for random amounts of time, so I have no idea how I got to a function.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
DanTheWhistleMan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by DanTheWhistleMan »

Hi!

I´m also interested in getting a hard-drive mp3 player. How long do the batteries last on the HP-120?

Daniel
Bill Reeder

Post by Bill Reeder »

I've been playing mine 8 - 10 hours a day at work. It's usually at half charge when I plug it into the AC power for overnight recharge.
Bill

"... you discover that everything is just right: the drones steady and sonorous, the regulators crisp and tuneful and the chanter sweet and responsive. ... I really look forward to those five or six days every year." Robbie Hannan
NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

How fast does the battery power indicator drop from four to two bars?

It seems like mine has dropped halfway in two or so hours...

But I haven't had it long...
Bill Reeder

Post by Bill Reeder »

I've never paid attention to how fast the battery indicator changes from 4 bars to 2. I just know that it's at 4 bars when I turn it on at work and at 2 bars when I shut it off 8 hours later. Of course, at work I'm just using it in playback mode.
Bill

"... you discover that everything is just right: the drones steady and sonorous, the regulators crisp and tuneful and the chanter sweet and responsive. ... I really look forward to those five or six days every year." Robbie Hannan
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

I got the 140, I carry it with me every day. It's wonderful not to have to decide what sounds to bring with me, and I still have many story tapes to upload.

I'm not dreadfully keen on the BIG BUTTON, I also find the controls non-intuitive, but it does everything I want and it's not white.