Winter Chiff Gathering (Already???)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MurphyStout
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MurphyStout »

Never fear, I'm near..... and I've yet to decide what I'm bringing but it prolly won't be hot dogs :)

I think the only thing that could stop me is if Bush won the election and I had to move to China. But even then I'd need a visa and other paperwork and that takes time so yeah, I'll be there even if Bush does win the election.

Justine, you missed one hell of a smokey pub last night... good tunes but some lads in there thought they were in the old country and had to light up.
No I'm not returning...
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

MurphyStout wrote:
I think the only thing that could stop me is if Bush won the election and I had to move to China. But even then I'd need a visa and other paperwork and that takes time so yeah, I'll be there even if Bush does win the election.
Take it to the political thread buddy!!!! :x

:lol:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

MurphyStout wrote:I think the only thing that could stop me is if Bush won the election and I had to move to China. But even then I'd need a visa and other paperwork and that takes time so yeah, I'll be there even if Bush does win the election.

Justine, you missed one hell of a smokey pub last night... good tunes but some lads in there thought they were in the old country and had to light up.

:lol: John's always saying, "If Bush wins, we're movin' to Ireland!"

You'll like the pubs in the old country better the next time you visit. No smoking anymore! Although I did see one ancient-looking old guy in Glencolmcille smoking once, and also one of the bartenders smoked after everyone else had left. (No guards in the town, you know!)

The weird thing about the pubs in the big towns there, though, is that they close really early now. I think they stop serving at like 11:00.

Slan,

Justine
Soledadwhistle

You mean there is civilization...

Post by Soledadwhistle »

Hello... I am new to the forum... well not really new... used to be here... went to seminary... moved to CA... started a church... and now I am back. I am just south of Salinas and glad to see that there are some whistlin' folk here. I'd like to swing by if that be cool.
... there is music in the spacing of the spheres
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Hey, Darwin (Mike) you got a new neighbor!!! Maybe you could car pool together?

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

MurphyStout wrote:Never fear, I'm near..... and I've yet to decide what I'm bringing but it prolly won't be hot dogs :)
What about some Mayonnaise?
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Tony's quote - "bring all your weird non-whistle instruments"

Yeah!...Tony said all instruments are welcome! Now I have permission to bring my accordion! That makes my night! I'll be sure to play it nice and LOUD!

(You know I'm just kidding.....

I would never play my accordion LOUD!)

But my trumpet is another story....

Can I bring my wife? She's LOUD. Not really. She sings sweetly. It's my kids who are loud. And they're coming!

I'll bring the cotton.

JP
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

NorCalMusician wrote:Hey, Darwin (Mike) you got a new neighbor!!!
So I see. (Sol, I'm pretty close to Northridge Mall, sort of between Home Depot and Natividad Hospital.)
Maybe you could car pool together?
Good idea. Maybe we could pick up Blackhawk and DCrom along the way?

If I drive, I might even be willing to temporarily play something other than Tex-Mex on the radio. (Not that I really want to drive all the way, but I don't mind using my van.)

Anybody interested?
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Darwin wrote:Good idea. Maybe we could pick up Blackhawk and DCrom along the way?

If I drive, I might even be willing to temporarily play something other than Tex-Mex on the radio. (Not that I really want to drive all the way, but I don't mind using my van.)

Anybody interested?
That might just work out - Blackhawk and I live fairly close together, if he's interested. Might have my #2 daughter along; she hasn't decided.

I rather like Tex-Mex music, anyway. Pity my Spanish is awfully rusty. :lol:
Soledadwhistle

Post by Soledadwhistle »

I will be in Gilroy (smelling the garlic already) the moring of the 6th so the carpool might not work for me... but then again if I get home in time I could join in. Just a small car and a big truck though...
... there is music in the spacing of the spheres
Richard Katz

Location...location?

Post by Richard Katz »

So....where is this event to take place? Date? Address? Time?
Thanks!

Richard
IDAwHOa

Re: Location...location?

Post by IDAwHOa »

Richard Katz wrote:So....where is this event to take place? Date? Address? Time?
Thanks!

Richard
It takes place at Tony Higgin's mother's house in the San Pablo area. This one is Nov. 6th starting at about 2ish. You will have to contact Tony for address and directions per his request.

Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: You mean there is civilization...

Post by Redwolf »

Soledadwhistle wrote:Hello... I am new to the forum... well not really new... used to be here... went to seminary... moved to CA... started a church... and now I am back. I am just south of Salinas and glad to see that there are some whistlin' folk here. I'd like to swing by if that be cool.
Yay! Another Central Coaster! I live in the mountains just outside Santa Cruz.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

DCrom wrote:
Darwin wrote:Good idea. Maybe we could pick up Blackhawk and DCrom along the way?

Anybody interested?
That might just work out - Blackhawk and I live fairly close together, if he's interested. Might have my #2 daughter along; she hasn't decided.

I rather like Tex-Mex music, anyway. Pity my Spanish is awfully rusty. :lol:
I don't think Mrs Blackhawk is planning on going, so this would work for me, too. What time should we plan on meeting?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
blackhawk

Re: Location...location?

Post by blackhawk »

Richard Katz wrote:So....where is this event to take place? Date? Address? Time?
Thanks!

Richard
It'd be cool if you could make it, Richard. You'll recognize me when you see me. Btw, are you still playing at Rosie McCann's on Friday nights?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato