Injection-mold whistle heads

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
scottielvr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scottielvr »

To the victor go the....goils. (That only works if you say it with an Al Capone-type accent). Amar, I take back that "idealistic" comment. What was I thinking? Was I thinking?
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

/Bloomfield
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Would you lookit that? Lorna's had obvious implant work done, and a total makeover, as well as a lousy dye job. Who knew jungle queens get to wear earrings? It kinda reminds me of Greta Van Susteren when she went to work for Rupert Murdoch. Things have progressed to the point that she's now ready to use the knife on the gorilla... which distracts us from the untimely fate the lion just met with. That'll teach him to try to dine on our heroine.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

scottielvr wrote:Would you lookit that? Lorna's had obvious implant work done, and a total makeover, as well as a lousy dye job. Who knew jungle queens get to wear earrings? It kinda reminds me of Greta Van Susteren when she went to work for Rupert Murdoch. Things have progressed to the point that she's now ready to use the knife on the gorilla... which distracts us from the untimely fate the lion just met with. That'll teach him to try to dine on our heroine.
I was also shocked at the very bad dye job. One has to wonder who does it for her? Maybe that's the problem....her gorilla significant other does her hair, but this time he did a really lousy job. So she got exceedingly upset and took off brandishing a knife at her primate love, telling him not to follow her; that she's going to look for a greener jungle. Look at said gorilla's face....you can almost HEAR him saying "NO!!! LORNA!!! COME BACK!! I CAN FIX THE COLOR!!!"
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

Martin Milner wrote:We can't afford comics in the UK, and have to amuse ourselves with the real thing.

Hey Martin, what website is that picture from again? I can see it's linked from the fiddleforum, but I remember seeing the original site of these 2 english blokes impersonating the beauty of the English population and catching it on photo.
It think the website had the name of the 2 guys... I just don't remember what they're called.
Hilarious site :-D
emmline

Post by emmline »

I demand an explanation. These covers repeatedly describe Lorna as being "alone" in the jungle, and yet that's the 2nd time the cowboy has shown up. (granted, the first time he was getting the pulp beat out of him,) but is Lorna, in fact, alone? Perhaps the mysterious man in the hat is our Bloom, in comic format.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

izzarina wrote:
scottielvr wrote:Would you lookit that? Lorna's had obvious implant work done, and a total makeover, as well as a lousy dye job. Who knew jungle queens get to wear earrings? It kinda reminds me of Greta Van Susteren when she went to work for Rupert Murdoch. Things have progressed to the point that she's now ready to use the knife on the gorilla... which distracts us from the untimely fate the lion just met with. That'll teach him to try to dine on our heroine.
I was also shocked at the very bad dye job. One has to wonder who does it for her? Maybe that's the problem....her gorilla significant other does her hair, but this time he did a really lousy job. So she got exceedingly upset and took off brandishing a knife at her primate love, telling him not to follow her; that she's going to look for a greener jungle. Look at said gorilla's face....you can almost HEAR him saying "NO!!! LORNA!!! COME BACK!! I CAN FIX THE COLOR!!!"
wrong, the ape is saying, COME BACK, I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY BANANA! :D
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

pixyy wrote: Hey Martin, what website is that picture from again? I can see it's linked from the fiddleforum, but I remember seeing the original site of these 2 english blokes impersonating the beauty of the English population and catching it on photo.
It think the website had the name of the 2 guys... I just don't remember what they're called.
Hilarious site :-D
http://www.deanandnigel.co.uk/ :D :D :D :D :D

Truly we Brits have better oldsters than the US!

We grow old with indignity, warts, big glasses, blue rinses and nasal hair! No facelifts or botox injections for this crowd!

izzarina

Post by izzarina »

amar wrote:
izzarina wrote:
wrong, the ape is saying, COME BACK, I WANT TO GIVE YOU MY BANANA! :D
Oh, then we really can't blame her for leaving, can we? :roll:
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

emmline wrote:I demand an explanation. These covers repeatedly describe Lorna as being "alone" in the jungle, and yet that's the 2nd time the cowboy has shown up. (granted, the first time he was getting the pulp beat out of him,) but is Lorna, in fact, alone? Perhaps the mysterious man in the hat is our Bloom, in comic format.
Interesting take on it, Em. I'm thinking you could be right. Wonder when Bloom is going to let us know the meaning behind his infatuation with Lorna. Bloom?
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

This is what I think:

Lorna, having had a tragic love affair with Johnny Weismuller and now having to deal with the bitterness of seeing him become King of the Jungle - when it's well known that she is the Queen of the Jungle (see front cover), heads off into the jungle ALONE but UNAFRAID (see front cover). This is why her path is known as the TRAIL OF FURY (see front cover). It's one thing to be scorned for another woman, but for a chimp name Cheetah? The DOUBLE DANGER (see front cover) is obvious: she must show Johnny she can make it in the jungle without him and show the rest of the world that you can have stylish hair even while living in a tree (I assume that's where she lives, not having actually seen the inside of one of these comics - she may have a maid, hairdresser, physical trainer, and dietician living off the fruits of her FURY [see front cover] for all I know).

There's always an explanation for these things.

Susan
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

/Bloomfield
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

...and then there was the anonymous chick with a uniblob of unnaturally raven hair, those same despicable earrings (or earlobe mods?) and wearing schmattes held up, apparently, by magic --or antigravity. I do consider it a positive development that she is powerful and confident enough to be the one doing, rather than needing, the rescuing; in this case, a guy with yet another bad dye job and a strangely hypertrophic left arm. I can't quite figure out what the deal is with the boat, but it appears as though it's long overdue for sinking...and all that pink coloration in the water can't bode well for them. The question that must be asked here, though, is: Do we really care?
emmline

Post by emmline »

scottielvr wrote: a guy with yet another bad dye job and a strangely hypertrophic left arm.
Chomped, no doubt, by a venomous squid, who so disliked the aqua-velva aftertaste that it spewed pink ink into the water. You just have to think these things through.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

/Bloomfield