Bloomfield, in California?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Bloomfield, in California?

Post by IDAwHOa »

<a href="http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?lo ... tohistory=>Bloomfield CA</a>

This is a little place near where I live.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

There are Bloomfields all over the country. Typically they are towns started by the offspring of my great-great-great-great grandfather, who liked to travel and to, um, get to know the local female population. He apparently kept in touch with all his natural children and at least twenty or so of them started towns called "Bloomfield." He must have been a very impressive man (my great-grandmother used to blush, even in ripe old age, recalling the stories she heard about him from her grandmother, rest her soul). I haven't been invited to any family reunions since my childhood (following an unfortunate incident involving a bicycle pump, blueberry pie, and an aunt), but I understand that I have hundreds and hundreds of cousins of various degrees and names.
/Bloomfield
glauber
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glauber »

I wish i had a digital camera, but you'll just have to believe me. The coffee pots here where i work have BLOOMFIELD written on them.

Also, i have this pet potato chip that looks like Bloomfield. I call it Manfred (for no reason).
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
izzarina

Re: Bloomfield, in California?

Post by izzarina »

NorCalMusician wrote:<a href="http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?lo ... tohistory=>Bloomfield CA</a>

This is a little place near where I live.
we went through (well, at least NEAR) Bloomfield, NY on our vacation a couple of weeks ago...or was it NJ? I forget now; we were all over the place. At any rate, we tipped our hats to you Bloomie....well, I did anyway. The kids thought I was nuts :roll:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

izzarina wrote:The kids thought I was nuts :roll:
Thought? :o

:lol:

I get that look from my 11 year old too. Like, "Dad, you are such a dweeb."

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

NorCalMusician wrote:
izzarina wrote:The kids thought I was nuts :roll:
Thought? :o

:lol:
Now Steven, let's not be mean spirited. Afterall, my lack of sanity is shared by quite a few here....present company not exculded :D
I get that look from my 11 year old too. Like, "Dad, you are such a dweeb."
I'm usually a dork, or lame or something of that genre. I suppose it's alright though, for I know that I'll have my revenge when THEY have kids and THEY are the dorks! :twisted:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

izzarina wrote:I know that I'll have my revenge when THEY have kids and THEY are the dorks! :twisted:
Sent you a PM.

I have been telling kids that are giving their parents a bad time, especially crying:

"You better watch out. When your mother/father gets old and you are taking care of them they will remember this!!!!"

At least I hope I will be able to remember it!!!! :P

claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

glauber wrote: Also, i have this pet potato chip that looks like Bloomfield. I call it Manfred (for no reason).
Must be a Man-Fredian slip...
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

There is no Bloomfield in NC. I was just feeling relieved about that, 'till I remembered that one of the cousins, Max, left his mark here even so:
http://www.bloomfieldsdishbarn.com/Merc ... de=x_about
Doubtless you'll be delighted to know that their sign is quite visible from Interstate 26. Disgusting. They're everywhere.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

scottielvr wrote:There is no Bloomfield in NC. I was just feeling relieved about that, 'till I remembered that one of the cousins, Max, left his mark here even so:
http://www.bloomfieldsdishbarn.com/Merc ... de=x_about
Doubtless you'll be delighted to know that their sign is quite visible from Interstate 26. Disgusting. They're everywhere.
Bloomfield's Dish Barn, that's funny.

And a strange coincidence. In fact, I was running a dish barn in New York in the seventies until it got shut down by nypd vice, and I elected to take an extended holiday abroad. I had mutton chops at the time, too, if you will believe it. Wonder what became of the girls...
/Bloomfield
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

I had mutton chops at the time, too, if you will believe it.
The mind boggles:
The mutton-chop thing worked better for Isaac Asimov:
Of course, Asimov was a polymath genius, and Bloomfield is, well, Bloomfield. :twisted:
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

What more can be said.... :wink:

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

Yeah, well it just didn't work out somehow between Bob and me. But why he had to end it like that, I'll never know. You'd think he could have called or written or something. Instead it was "ain't no use in turning on your light, Bloomie" and all that sort of crap.

Nevermind, I got over it long ago.
/Bloomfield
emmline

Post by emmline »

Bloomfield wrote:Yeah, well it just didn't work out somehow between Bob and me. But why he had to end it like that, I'll never know. You'd think he could have called or written or something. Instead it was "ain't no use in turning on your light, Bloomie" and all that sort of crap.

Nevermind, I got over it long ago.
Are you sure? I think they could use someone like you in Victoria's Secret commercials.
talasiga

wasted reading

Post by talasiga »

This has mostly been a seriously vapid topic and I am totally bored.
I am thinking about deleting it.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit