Dale Hears From Davy About the Davy Spillane Low Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

John Allison wrote:Image

I love the banana. I may have to run off to Fiji with him.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

For what it's worth, I haven't deleted anything on this board, ever, for fear of being sued by anyone. I would not delete a post that I thought was fair and in keeping with the general mission of the board, even if threatened with legal action. I've deleted posts that I thought were unfair, personal, unfounded, harshly critical with no stated basis, and in recent days, to avoid negative and unfair competition among whistlemakers. Although I'm aware of examples cited above in which legal action has been taken, I frankly have never lost a minute of sleep from worry about being sued by a whistlemaker, player, or merchant.
Joe_Atlanta

Post by Joe_Atlanta »

DaleWisely wrote:I've deleted posts that I thought were unfair, personal, unfounded, harshly critical with no stated basis, and in recent days, to avoid negative and unfair competition among whistlemakers.
Judging from what I've read on the GC board, I think you've done a great job. It's one thing to have post an opinion (however harsh) about the quality and playability of an instrument. It's quite another another thing to question someone's honesty in public forum. Particularly when it all seems to based on speculation and assumption. IMO, it's way out of bounds for a competitor to do such a thing, no matter the intention.
Last edited by Joe_Atlanta on Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

Joe_Atlanta wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:I've deleted posts that I thought were unfair, personal, unfounded, harshly critical with no stated basis, and in recent days, to avoid negative and unfair competition among whistlemakers.
Judging from what I've read on the GC board, I think you've done a great job. It's one thing to have post an opinion (however harsh) about the quality and playability of an instrument. It's quite another another thing to question a someone's honesty in public forum. Particularly when it all seems to based on speculation and assumption. IMO, it's way out of bounds for a competitor to do such a thing, no matter the intention.
I hope none of what you are saying refers to my good self, or I will sue your dangley bit off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

DaleWisely wrote:For what it's worth, I haven't deleted anything on this board, ever, for fear of being sued by anyone. I would not delete a post that I thought was fair and in keeping with the general mission of the board, even if threatened with legal action. I've deleted posts that I thought were unfair, personal, unfounded, harshly critical with no stated basis, and in recent days, to avoid negative and unfair competition among whistlemakers. Although I'm aware of examples cited above in which legal action has been taken, I frankly have never lost a minute of sleep from worry about being sued by a whistlemaker, player, or merchant.
... or to sum up, Dale's not frightened of wearing a power suit.
Joe_Atlanta

Post by Joe_Atlanta »

CHIFF FIPPLE wrote:I hope none of what you are saying refers to my good self, or I will sue your dangley bit off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This supersedes all previous notices. This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. If swallowed, Contact the nearest Poisons Information Center and induce vomiting. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your canceled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free number before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the bus comes to a complete stop. Package sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. Leave hands in ride at all times. You must be this tall to ride this ride. Your spending limit is pre-determined by how much you can actually afford.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Wombat wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:For what it's worth, I haven't deleted anything on this board, ever, for fear of being sued by anyone. I would not delete a post that I thought was fair and in keeping with the general mission of the board, even if threatened with legal action. I've deleted posts that I thought were unfair, personal, unfounded, harshly critical with no stated basis, and in recent days, to avoid negative and unfair competition among whistlemakers. Although I'm aware of examples cited above in which legal action has been taken, I frankly have never lost a minute of sleep from worry about being sued by a whistlemaker, player, or merchant.
... or to sum up, Dale's not frightened of wearing a power suit.
Yeah. I ain't skeered.

Dale
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Joe_Atlanta wrote:
CHIFF FIPPLE wrote:I hope none of what you are saying refers to my good self, or I will sue your dangley bit off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This supersedes all previous notices. This product is meant for educational purposes only. ......... Your spending limit is pre-determined by how much you can actually afford.
You forgot the most important one:

THIS END UP
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Is this THE DS whistle?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 29826&rd=1

This is the same type of whistle used by Uilleann piper Davy Spillane at the beginning of the first "Riverdance" video.
BTW, I know what it really is.
Last edited by IDAwHOa on Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

that actually looks a lot like a chieftain..
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

people, steven was funny.
Joe_Atlanta

Post by Joe_Atlanta »

NorCalMusician wrote:You forgot the most important one:

THIS END UP
Ooops, that omission may have left my dangley bit exposed. All is not lost, the following should cover it quite nicely:
Offer not good after curfew in Sectors R and N.
emmline

Post by emmline »

The beverage (or whistle) you're about to enjoy may be extremely HOT.
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

NorCalMusician wrote:
You forgot the most important one:
THIS END UP
Ooops, that omission may have left my dangley bit exposed. All is not lost, the following should cover it quite nicely:
You also forgot KEEP AWAY FROM NAKED FLAME :lol:
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Got Spillane?

Anybody?