The BEHEMOTH Everybody on the Forum is (or has) a Cutie-Pie

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Picture removed
Last edited by JessieK on Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~JessieD
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Well, to those of my ilk, I would argue that God made her. But I agree with the sentiment!!! You might dump the "E" and just call her Joy, because she is telegraphing that feeling over the 'Net. :)

Sorry we could not connect back East. I was halfway looking for you at the Huguenot festival in New Paltz (thinking you might be pushing the babe around) and on another day, thinking of your folks while walking around Woodstock. Saw that chime place that has the "Woodstock" brand whistle and such and also that nutty shop with the magic tricks and candies. The proprietor was...well...interesting. Great quilting store too. As other Weekender is making a quilt for her first grandchild, due December, it was a great place to visit for inspiration.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Soineanta

Post by Soineanta »

I am in complete and utter shock that this thread still exists. Viva la cutie pie!

Jessie, your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. Look at those eyes! She's gonna have the boys going crazy over her one day. :P
~Sara S.~
"We don't build statues to worship the exceptional life; we build them to remind ourselves what is possible in our own." - unknown
happyturkeyman

Post by happyturkeyman »

My imaginary friend is a cutie-pie.

Don't you think?
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

happyturkeyman wrote:My imaginary friend is a cutie-pie.

Don't you think?
I can't believe my imaginary friend has been two-timing me with you. :x
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

The Weekenders wrote:I would argue that God made her.
I think you can say that because you are a man. ;) I was the one who avoided sushi for nine months, threw up ten times a day sometimes, lost things like bladder control and the ability to walk up or down stairs, gained 40 pounds (I have lost 38 of them), suffered through the indigestion and weird dreams, not to mention hormones that made PMS feel like a treat! If there is a God, of which the existence of my wonderful husband certainly makes me consider the possibility, I think he/she/it would certainly give me some credit for producing this child. :)
~JessieD
emmline

Post by emmline »

JessieK wrote: I think he/she/it would certainly give me some credit for producing this child. :)
I must agree.
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

JessieK wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:I would argue that God made her.
I think you can say that because you are a man. ;) I was the one who avoided sushi for nine months, threw up ten times a day sometimes, lost things like bladder control and the ability to walk up or down stairs, gained 40 pounds (I have lost 38 of them), suffered through the indigestion and weird dreams, not to mention hormones that made PMS feel like a treat! If there is a God, of which the existence of my wonderful husband certainly makes me consider the possibility, I think he/she/it would certainly give me some credit for producing this child. :)
I'm afraid you brought it onto yourself, woman. ;)
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life;

Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return.

And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
(I'm kidding.)
/Bloomfield
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Bloomen, you beat me to it.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Seriously, though ...

Here, human and divine activity merge. Both are true. Jessie made that child. God made that child. These are not contradictory realities.

Best wishes,
Jerry
caniadafallon

Post by caniadafallon »

I would have to add "that child made that child" into the mix as well... Joey knew what she was doing when she decided to come into the world as Joey Rose, daughter of Jessie and Dan. :)

She's beautiful, Jessie-- such a glowing spirit, and it shows through her whole being.

Best,
Adara
Music washes away from the soul
the dust of everyday life.
~Berthold Auerbach
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

As usual, the father gets none of the credit :wink: . Congrats on the weight loss though, Jessaroo, that's quite heroic.

I love the ladylike way la petite demoiselle holds her left hand - or is she already practising the piano?
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
emmline

Post by emmline »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:As usual, the father gets none of the credit :wink: .
the father will undoubtedly be credited with many things in the years to come...think of the trouble the little diabolical angels can get into. Those traits are invariably on the paternal genes.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:lol:
Very true Emm,

Every time my 16 year old Son steps out of line his mother blames it on "his Irish half".

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

The Ashtanga Yoga website has some touching pictures of animals.

News Radio WAEB more cute animal pics