Sunny Scunny????

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

:lol:
I remember it well...

Amar,
Could you prescribe something for kga26, a nice little pill to help her through this thread.

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Bloomfield
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

kga26 wrote:I am a naive and exceptionally stupid woman, I get confused easily and often matron is too drunk to give me my medication on time (ha ha) but I thought that 'Sunny Scunny' and the pseudonym 'Dublinn'. reffered to a displaced Irish person living in Scunthorpe. Now correct me if I am wrong, but please tell me if I am right, because then they will let me advance to the Times Cryptic Crossword, and I will feel that my life has not been in vain.
I think you've got it right, if residing in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire can be considered "living."
/Bloomfield
scottielvr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scottielvr »

Oh, good grief, there's no need for psychotropics. Can't you see she's had enough? <hands kga a url>
There, there, dear, you're quite right, so here's a nice crossword for you. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,252,00.html
Later, if you work the crossword quickly, we'll give Matron a swift kick for you.
kga26

Post by kga26 »

Oh, thank God, for a minute there I thought I was going totally mad!

To celebrate I am going to eat this cushion embroidered with the logo 'Chiff and Fipple Message Board, you know it makes sense'.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

kga26 wrote:Oh, thank God, for a minute there I thought I was going totally mad!

To celebrate I am going to eat this cushion embroidered with the logo 'Chiff and Fipple Message Board, you know it makes sense'.
what on earth makes you think you are not totally loco?
kga26

Post by kga26 »

Because I didn't eat the brocade bits that go round the edges! Goodness me, evan you should know that!
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Bloomfield wrote:
I think you've got it right, if residing in Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire can be considered "living."
My Dear Bloomfield,
I can assure you that there are worse places to live than Scunthorpe,Lincolnshire. Check in next week and by then I well may have thought of one...(Better make it two weeks..to be on the safe side.)

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
kga26

Post by kga26 »

Sorry. I have just got the serious side of this thread, so sorry to make fun....anyone truly living in ...Scunthorpe. Sandwiches are available the other side of Birmingham New street , here in the South there are automobiles and blankets and occasioinally sunshine. (Yeah tongue in cheek before you start sending me d**** f$$$$$ b***** messages)
kga26

Post by kga26 »

Well Dublinn very good. I can't work out how to send you the reply you richly and truly deserve, but until I do, and incase you havn't got it ..S%$£* y()*&
!!!!£$%^&* and take a % in the eye. (I really should stop taking those assertivness classes!)
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I'm sure Dubhlinn isn't really displaced. The Highland clearances ended some time ago and Dublin isn't really in the Highlands, is it? I suspect he's really just relocated.

That's it.

Where do you live?
Relocation, relocation, relocation!

Ah, I'm feeling better about my own adopted home already.
waitingame

Post by waitingame »

Scunthorpe can't be that bad. Martin Simpson hails from there.
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

You'll never take the Grim out of Grimsby, and you'll never take the ....

On second thoughts I shan't finish that sentence, which might attract Toasty to this thread and label me forever a foul-mouthed wot5it di55in Scunthorpe...

Who's Martin Simpson? Is he any relation to my hero Homer (the one who changed his surname from "Odyssey" on account of all the Immigration officials who can't spell)?
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

kga26 wrote:...here in the South there are automobiles and blankets and occasioinally sunshine...
Having just moved from a desert state, a few days ago I commented idly to Martin that I hoped it would rain. He started laughing and couldn't recover for at least two tube stations.

I suspect that's a bad sign.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

dubhlinn wrote: I can assure you that there are worse places to live than Scunthorpe,Lincolnshire.
You've taken a field trip to Immingham then? :D
Hang on a minute, I don't really live far enough away for it to be safe to insult these places. Maybe I should disquise my location and change it to Bloomville or something.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

avanutria wrote:Having just moved from a desert state, a few days ago I commented idly to Martin that I hoped it would rain. He started laughing and couldn't recover for at least two tube stations.

I suspect that's a bad sign.
Only two tube stations? The chap is clearly made of stern stuff! :lol:
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner