OT - How I spent my weekend

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tyghress
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tyghress »

So I leave work on Friday, determined to ride a little, get to the session in North Amherst on Friday, clean and do errands on Saturday, play a session on Sunday even if it was going to be not terribly fun, then go to PV O'Donnel's concert to benefit the children's hospital, and thence to the pub to party with him and the other folk until the spectre of work on Monday drove me home.

Making a long story short. . .I never got to the ride. In the process of mounting my horse I took a fall, broke both bones in my lower leg, and crawled 50 yards or so (with the foot at a really sickening angle that hurt more to look at it than it actually felt) to a phone where I called my husband. Six hours later I was in surgery, and since then I've been pretty much flat on my back with this hideous thing they CALL my foot propped up on pillows in a soft cast.

Anna. . .now I know what you were going through. I begged Tyghre to bring me a cheap whistle, and taped down its windway so I could play without being heard beyond my room on the orthopedic floor. But nurses and such kept coming in to listen, so I finally untaped the windway.

Today I'm home, but I'll be on my back with the foot up for a while. I counted weeks and realized that I'll probably be out of the cast by the time we leave for Ireland, and the only concession is that there won't be any hiking for me, and we won't have a manual car.

I really want to see some of the less accessible megaliths, but they're going to have to wait for another trip now. Tyghre doesn't like the idea of parking me in a pub while he goes hiking in Ireland {G}

Anyway,
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

Ohhhh how awful. I hope you heal quickly!
Best wishes.
If I was a blackbird, I'd whistle and sing...
Byll
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Heal quickly, Tyghress.
The best to you, this coming week.
Cheers.
Byll
jackorion

Post by jackorion »

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you do well. Look on the bright side, you'll most likely get more playing in? Plus when you get your cast off you can send it around like a chain letter to all your C&F friends so we can sign it :smile:

Speedy recovery!!
ysgwd

Post by ysgwd »

I'm glad you are keeping in touch with us. Get better when YOU are ready.
Lisa
AngeloMeola
Tell us something.: I haven't been active on the site for years. I'm busy raising grandkids so I don't get out to play much.

Post by AngeloMeola »

On 2002-03-17 18:04, tyghress wrote:
snip

I really want to see some of the less accessible megaliths, but they're going to have to wait for another trip now. Tyghre doesn't like the idea of parking me in a pub while he goes hiking in Ireland {G}

Anyway,
Try checking out this website for megaliths. If you don't have a broadband connection it can take a while.

http://www.stonepages.com/home.html

Get well soon,
Angelo
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

That's another reason I like whistles. They can't throw you! Get well soon, o stripey one.
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

I'll keep you in my prayers (am I allowed to say that?). Get well soon.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Ouch, Ouch and triple Ouch! I'm hoping for a quick and thorough healing for you kitty kat.
Mary

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a
listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of
which have the potential to turn a life around. -Leo Buscaglia, author
(1924-1998)
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Tyghress, thoughts for a speedy recovery coming your way! Feel better soon...

Andrea ~*~
WhistlerWannaBe

Post by WhistlerWannaBe »

Hey there, keep in touch, practice lots and smile!

Deb
I'll become even more undignified than this!
(King David, II Samuel 6)
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Ouch, Tyghress, it hurt just to <i>read</i> your story. Get well soon, and I hope you have a wonderful trip to Ireland anyway, hiking or no hiking.

:smile:
Jens
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

Oh, man! I hope that your up sooner THAN later and certainly in time for Ireland.

Erik
AnnaDMartinez
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Oh, damn! Tyg, I'm so damn sorry! Will e-mail! (HUG) Keep playing, at least you're making other people in the hospital happy! I crawled about 30 yards and managed to hold on to my purse with all my whistles in it! Trouble was was getting somebody to hear me, had to use my Generation B flat to pound a window. The the poor cops had to hoist me up!
cj

Post by cj »

Hope you recover soon and keep wowing the hospital staff with your whistle-playing!