Foul mouthed a55hole dissing Ireland! Unbelievable ..read on

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
glauber
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glauber »

"Ah go on go on" :lol:
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Azalin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Toasty must be on drugs.... but that "thesession.org" thread was very interesting to read. It's true that there's bad behaviour in sessions everywhere on the planet, but in Ireland there's more sessions so you ought to come across bad ones more often.

I remember a few years ago in Clare there was this very obnoxious irishman concertina player who would start all the tunes, and would leave other sessioners kinda angry every time. He was all around the county so it was only a matter of time until you ran across him. I'm sure he's still there, somewhere, waiting for me and Moxy to show up there in november :-)
Father Emmet

Post by Father Emmet »

Mrs Doyle: And what would you say to a nice cup of tea, Father?
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

'Feck off, cup'
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Azalin wrote:I remember a few years ago in Clare there was this very obnoxious irishman concertina player who would start all the tunes...
Hey Az, that sounds very familiar. But are you sure it was in Clare? Sure it was an Irishman? Sure it was a concertina player? :devil:

BTW toasty your dude is a dude-ess. As it happens I was playing tunes with her last night. She's OK, she's young, has strong opinions, likes to stir the sh*t, and posts on internet forums late at night. Take her with a big pinch of salt. Excessive self-confidence and iconoclasm in the young may be annoying to old farts like you and me but it's a free country. Well, where we are it is.

In that thread which got you so riled up I'd say she is only stirring the sh*t in response to another poster on that forum whom she, rightly or wrongly, perceives as having a somewhat precious attitude towards session behaviour and keeps quoting the way people behave in Ireland as a model - so she's trying to add a bit of balance. You might find it crass but unless you've been participating in the ongoing discussion it's really nothing to do with you.

Anyway as someone else remarked, you should take the matter up on thesession.org. Be careful, though, you might be in for a shredding...
jonharl

Post by jonharl »

Peter you're a riot. :lol:
SirNick
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

It made me want to go to those sessions! I love Elvis impersonators!
"You have my undivided attention"
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:lol:
a55 could enter the Vernacular as a kiddie-friendly oath!

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

You mean like, "Kiss my Ay five five?" It's probably been all over the IM's for ages, only not spelled out.

Some of the kiddies in my neighborhood just go ahead and 'toast' each other, if you get my meaning.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Peter Laban wrote:'Feck off, cup'
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!

Peter, you got me with that one! Has to be the best quote to come from Craggy Island probably ever! UP EMMETT!!
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

TonyHiggins wrote:
You mean like, "Kiss my Ay five five?" It's probably been all over the IM's for ages, only not spelled out.

Some of the kiddies in my neighborhood just go ahead and 'toast' each other, if you get my meaning.
Tony
Well I live and learn..... :wink:

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

Oh, you guys. :)

I think the original message on the Session was saying that there are a55holes in both Ireland and the U.S.

And of course, there are also wonderful people like us in both Ireland and the U.S. (Awwww). :)

Justine
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

My favourite was the woman who hijacked a session with the ROLF HARRIS STYLOPHONE! LOL!! :lol:
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

I got a clue. Looked up Toasty's "profile". Not much there, except his advocated interest is "harmony".
QOD -- it figgers. :lol:

PS: and methought puredrop sessions were into melody...
Jack

Post by Jack »

I like toasty.