OT - Dark Tower VII

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
SirNick
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

OT - Dark Tower VII

Post by SirNick »

It's finally here!
Anybody else trapped in reading the Dark Tower Series? It seems like I've been reading this darn series for 100 years! At one point I even boycotted Stephen Kings books until he started writing the Dark Tower series again.
"You have my undivided attention"
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Totally off topic:

ARE YOU GETTING EXCITED YET?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
SirNick
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

NorCalMusician wrote:Totally off topic:

:lol: :lol: I've got my son on alert watching out for the brown truck! I'm anxious to hear what your wife thinks of the A?
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

SirNick wrote:

:lol: :lol: I've got my son on alert watching out for the brown truck! I'm anxious to hear what your wife thinks of the A?
The truck will actually be Red, White and Blue. Renee will start calling the PO today or tomorrow. :D If nothing else they will leave a pink slip and I will get it the next day.

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
SirNick

Post by SirNick »

NorCalMusician wrote:
SirNick wrote:

The truck will actually be Red, White and Blue. Renee will start calling the PO today or tomorrow. :D If nothing else they will leave a pink slip and I will get it the next day.
They leave a yellow slip here! I hate it when I get one of those! I've actually contemplated breaking into the post office on a weekend before! :lol:
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Holy Diety, I didn't even know Dark Tower 5 and 6 were out!
For some reason, I stopped waiting for more books after reading
Wizards and Glass (boy, that one was a long wait).
Sweet. Now I can read the whole series in rapid succession.

It dawned on me while reading Wizards and Glass that I should maybe
read most of King's other books ([e]The Stand[/e] and [e]Eyes of the Dragon[/e]
are the only other King books that I have read) so that I may get the
references, and perhaps figure out what the hell is going on. Do you
think it will help? Any particular books to focus on?
SirNick

Post by SirNick »

fearfaoin wrote:Holy Diety, I didn't even know Dark Tower 5 and 6 were out!
For some reason, I stopped waiting for more books after reading
Wizards and Glass (boy, that one was a long wait).
Sweet. Now I can read the whole series in rapid succession.

It dawned on me while reading Wizards and Glass that I should maybe
read most of King's other books ([e]The Stand[/e] and [e]Eyes of the Dragon[/e]
are the only other King books that I have read) so that I may get the
references, and perhaps figure out what the hell is going on. Do you
think it will help? Any particular books to focus on?
The Stand and Salems Lot seem to be the most referenced in the Dark Tower series. I'd start with those. That's a lot to digest right there!
John Allison
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by John Allison »

fearfaoin wrote:I didn't even know Dark Tower 5 and 6 were out!
When did he sneak these two out?? While recuperating from his automotive mishap??

My children have never read anything from this series yet they know all about lobstrosities and why the dead baby crossed the road!
SirNick

Post by SirNick »

John Allison wrote:
fearfaoin wrote:I didn't even know Dark Tower 5 and 6 were out!
When did he sneak these two out?? While recuperating from his automotive mishap??

My children have never read anything from this series yet they know all about lobstrosities and why the dead baby crossed the road!
Haha, I'm glad to see that you scare your children too!
mamakash
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mamakash »

I remember reading the first Dark Tower book on a vacation to Williamsburg, VA at the age of 16 . . . which would put us back in 1988. Enjoyed Drawing of the Three, but couldn't get interested in The Wastelands . . . which was a real shame because Steven King is a excellent writer. I haven't read the other books in the series. Without giving anything way, can anyone let me know if the story gets better . . . or continues to stagger sideways? (I just realized how odd the must sound . . . but the books seem lost without the strong connection between Roland's world and ours, which it seemed to lose in the second half of Wastelands.)
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
IDAwHOa

Post by IDAwHOa »

SirNick wrote:
NorCalMusician wrote:
SirNick wrote:
They leave a yellow slip here! I hate it when I get one of those! I've actually contemplated breaking into the post office on a weekend before! :lol:
Oh, the pain, the agony, the sheer odacity of the situation.

I asked my wife to call the PO starting today, to check if the package had arrived. Well, she did NOT call. We just got back from checking the mail (we have remote boxes) and guess what I got today:

Oh, come on, I think you know.

A PINK SLIP!!! :moreevil: I could be playing my new A whistle RIGHT NOW instead of writing this lament. :sniffle:

Does someone want to write a "Missed my whistle at the Box" air or lament for me? :sniffle:

ARGH!!!!!!!