Happy Anniversary (9/21) to Me, uh, I mean US!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

How long have you been married?

0 years (and it doesn't matter why)
19%
Less than 1 year
5%
Less than 5 years
9%
Less than 10 years
19%
Less than 15 years
12%
Less than 20 years
5%
Less than 25 years
14%
More than 25 years
19%

Total votes: 43

IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Cranberry wrote: P.S., You forgot the "It's illegal for me to get married in the country that I live in even though I pay the same taxes as every other citizen" category so I'm unable to vote in this one.
Give it a rest would you. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

NorCalMusician wrote:
Cranberry wrote: P.S., You forgot the "It's illegal for me to get married in the country that I live in even though I pay the same taxes as every other citizen" category so I'm unable to vote in this one.
Give what a rest?

Mabey I'm having a blonde moment...
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

26 years 3 months and 5 days.
Through better and worse, sickness and health, hard times trials and tribulations, up hill and down dale (small d there), 3 sons, 4 homes, and still finding that love is an ever deepening emotion.
If ever you need proof of the fact that the whole can be greater than the sum of its parts you don't need to look any further than Anthea and me.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

In these days when so many families are broken by divorce, and even plain reluctance to marry, it is always inspiring to see marriages that are as *happy* ... even happIER... many years later. I wish that all could find this kind of love and dedication.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

NorCalMusician wrote:
Now Steve... it was no slight to you and your love... cran was just remembering that some of those we love are *not* allowed to marry, even though they share the same long term committment and dedication to each other that you and your wife, and my husband and myself are pleased and proud to celebrate.
anniemcu
---
---
---
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

anniemcu wrote:
NorCalMusician wrote:
Now Steve... it was no slight to you and your love... cran was just remembering that some of those we love are *not* allowed to marry, even though they share the same long term committment and dedication to each other that you and your wife, and my husband and myself are pleased and proud to celebrate.
Cran makes a habit of this kind of thing. He could easily have voted
and left it at that. But no, in typical Cranberry style he has to p*ss all over someone else's chips and dump his oh-so-politically-correct-I'm-such-a-hard-done-by-persecuted-minority-group guilt trip all over another person's thread. I can quite understand Steven's exasperated response. :roll:
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

NorCalMusician wrote:Mike, Renee says she knows why you have been married for 39 years.

Ready for this....

Because your wife married....

Are you sure you are really ready????

MR. WRIGHT

hehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oooooo......and I read that before I had my coffee..... :boggle:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

jbarter wrote:If ever you need proof of the fact that the whole can be greater than the sum of its parts you don't need to look any further than Anthea and me.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Thank you for this....what a beautiful thing to say! Your wife must be proud! :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

My wife and I will be married 46 years on 29 November. We have 4 daughters, 17 grandchildren and 1 great grandson and 2 on the way by December.

21 is a good number Steven but not a record. My great great Grandmother and great great grandfather had 23. This was just one husband and one wife. They had a large tobacco farm in Norfolk, Ontario and I guess they needed farm hands.

We are looking forward to more great grandchildren since about 4 grand children will get married in the next 2 years.

Best wishes to all who are celebrating whether beginners or long timers. We are looking forward to another 46. By then maybe I will be able to play these silly whistles properly and get a consistent sound out of the flute.

Ron
Jack

Post by Jack »

GaryKelly wrote:
anniemcu wrote:
NorCalMusician wrote: Give it a rest would you. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cran makes a habit of this kind of thing. He could easily have voted
and left it at that. But no, in typical Cranberry style he has to p*ss all over someone else's chips and dump his oh-so-politically-correct-I'm-such-a-hard-done-by-persecuted-minority-group guilt trip all over another person's thread. I can quite understand Steven's exasperated response. :roll:
I think perhaps you're both reading way too much into it. Lighten up some? ;-)
TomB

Post by TomB »

Please folks, let's not start bickering on Steve's Happy Anniversary website.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but maybe if it's something you want to talk about, take it to a new thread.

Steve- Best wishes to you and your wife.

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Jack

Post by Jack »

TomB wrote:Please folks, let's not start bickering on Steve's Happy Anniversary website.
I agree. :)
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

NorCalMusician wrote:Mike, Renee says she knows why you have been married for 39 years.

Ready for this....

Because your wife married....

Are you sure you are really ready????

MR. WRIGHT

hehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nah. It's because neither of us wanted to get stuck with the kids. :D
Of course, that's less of an issue now that they're in their 40s.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

It's amazing to me to see the juxtaposition of relationships around us... we have friends who have been married as long as we have, but who treat each other as if they didn't even like eachother... so sad.

I really appreciate seeing love and joy in committment that lasts and grows and ... hmmm... dare I say it... matures?... mellows?... oh.. those aren't what I want... like wine that gets better with age... well ... whatever it is... it's ever so cool!

Thanks for sharing your anniversary with us Steve, and all the rest who are in loving relationships... we need 'em!
anniemcu
---
---
---