Happy Anniversary (9/21) to Me, uh, I mean US!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

How long have you been married?

0 years (and it doesn't matter why)
19%
Less than 1 year
5%
Less than 5 years
9%
Less than 10 years
19%
Less than 15 years
12%
Less than 20 years
5%
Less than 25 years
14%
More than 25 years
19%

Total votes: 43

greenspiderweb
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: OT: Happy Anniversary to Me, uh, I mean US!

Post by greenspiderweb »

izzarina wrote: we have 10 children. :D Really, we really REALLY do! Their ages are 14, 13, 11, 9, 8, 7. 4. 3. 1 and the wee one will be 4 months tomorrow! :)

Heather
:o :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :o

YIKES! (In a good way) and CONGRATULATIONS! You must be two special people to be able to make it work! Good for you, & My Best to You! I'm not equipped for that duty! :)

We just had our 24th anniversary, and to date we've had 5 cats, 0 kids!
Last edited by greenspiderweb on Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~~~~
Barry
scottielvr
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by scottielvr »

Just had my fourth (anniversary, that is; second marriage. I carry on a proud tradition of serial monogamy--my mother married thrice before she got it right). :wink:
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

JessieK wrote:Heather, are you going to have any more? I want at least two and Dan wants a dozen, so I think we'll have three or four. We're already talking about the next one (Joey is almost 6 months old), but so far we're still in the talking stage (both of us).
Really, I don't know! :lol: I figure that if we're at 10, what's the difference if we have 10 more? Maybe I'm just absolutely insane...it wouldn't surprise me. It would at least explain those voices I hear.... :o

Heather
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
chas

Post by chas »

Next year will be our 10th anniversary. Being married is the coolest thing next to parenthood.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Snuh

Post by Snuh »

I'll have been married for exactly 0 years come August 6th. :D I've already been engaged for a year though, so that's almost an anniversary. Less than one more year before I join all of you in the matrimonial ranks! :boggle:

Congratulations to all those of you already there and celebrating anniversaries of your own!

A.J.
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Congrats, Steven. :thumbsup:

We're six weeks away from 39 years.

We've moved just 11 times since we've been married, but we've lived in three countries (US, Taiwan, Japan) and four states (California, North Carolina, Washington, and Texas).

We've fought only once. The fight started about 38 years ago, but I'm sure we'll make up eventually. :D (Could that be why our only kids are my two stepsons?)
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Jack

Post by Jack »

Congratulations. :)

P.S., You forgot the "It's illegal for me to get married in the country that I live in even though I pay the same taxes as every other citizen" category so I'm unable to vote in this one.
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Darwin wrote:We've fought only once. The fight started about 38 years ago, but I'm sure we'll make up eventually. :D (Could that be why our only kids are my two stepsons?)
I'm sure you'd know the answer to that far better than we would. Or I'd hope so! :tomato:

We squabble all the time in a loving way (I used to worry until I met her family and found she squabbles with all 5 of her brothers - and loves them fiercely), but actual fights are rare. Because once we've cooled down, there's almost nothing we could get by winning that would justify causing pain to the person we love.

Now teasing goes on all the time. I still remember our older girl telling her sister "we'd better wait until they're finished - Mom and Dad are playing again." :D
Random notes

16 years and long enough

Post by Random notes »

I was married for 16 and divorced for 5 and I probably would have been better off if those numbers were reversed. At least there were no kids. Lotsa dogs, tho'. And a few cats, a couple of horses, chickens, roosters...

I respect anyone who can keep a marriage going and anyone who can do that while raising 10 kids (!!!!) has my deepest respect and admiration.

Good luck!

(I just had a thought - medical bills are one thing, but how do you keep them all in whistles?)

Roger
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Re: OT: Happy Anniversary to Me, uh, I mean US!

Post by anniemcu »

NorCalMusician wrote:US? Today is our 25th anniversary. Heck, I even enjoyed nearly all of them too! :D

Some Highlights:

3 boys, currently 22, 21 and 11. The 21 year old is married, the others are available.

Moved nearly as many times as the YEARS we have been married but only 3 times the last 10 years.

Fought too many times. :cry:

Made up way more times than we have fought! :P

So, how long have YOU been married?
:party: :party: Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!! :party: :party:

22 here on Friday... moved only twice... well... we're in the third dwelling on our place, so if you count those moves... moved 5 times, but all in small area

Kids 18dd, 16ds, 11dd.... hmmm.... if your 11 and 22yo "available"s are responsible sons, we can talk, LOL!...

Not much in fights, but the few have been... um... doosies, LOL... but we are (and probably should be) committed. The 'making up' is just part of the 'making it work'... regularly.

Again, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Cranberry wrote:Congratulations. :)

P.S., You forgot the "It's illegal for me to get married in the country that I live in even though I pay the same taxes as every other citizen" category so I'm unable to vote in this one.
Good point!...
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Jennie

Post by Jennie »

Nearly fifteen years for us. But we've only lived together for fourteen of them... :)

We're just finding out what true partnership is, though, with our eldest who's a near-teenager challenging our every move these days. Wow. Now I know why I married this guy.

Our anniversary's not until Christmas. But we share a birthday. We just turned 99 this month! :party:

Any of us with spouses and partners who support our high-pitched habits should be extremely grateful.

Jennie
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Congratulations!!! :party:

It will be 27 big ones for us on April 2nd.

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
izzarina

Re: 16 years and long enough

Post by izzarina »

Random notes wrote:(I just had a thought - medical bills are one thing, but how do you keep them all in whistles?)
Clarke Sweetones are very inexpensive you know....and the plus is they come in lots of cool colors! :wink: Besides, one must have priorities. Why have shoes when you can have a whistle? :D

H
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Darwin wrote:Congrats, Steven. :thumbsup:

We're six weeks away from 39 years.

We've moved just 11 times since we've been married, but we've lived in three countries (US, Taiwan, Japan) and four states (California, North Carolina, Washington, and Texas).

We've fought only once. The fight started about 38 years ago, but I'm sure we'll make up eventually. :D (Could that be why our only kids are my two stepsons?)
Mike, Renee says she knows why you have been married for 39 years.

Ready for this....

Because your wife married....

Are you sure you are really ready????

MR. WRIGHT

hehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus