The toilet paper poll!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

The dangling flap on the roll of toilet paper is

On the far side
13%
On the participant side
72%
Not on a fixture (sitting on its side somewhere)
14%

Total votes: 76

jbarter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jbarter »

My toilet roll holder incorporates a radio. You can have the roll any way you want but don't you dare tune the radio away from Radio 4.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

What about the spare roll, for when the current one runs out?

Standing ready, proud to be a toilet roll ready for use, or hidden under a <insert your chosen Bathroom colour here> knitted cover, embarrassed that such things as toilets exist in our sterilised world?

I'm just sorry the earth closet never caught on.
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

RonKiley wrote:You forgot one category. I don't care as long as there is some.

Ron
Agreed. I didn't participate in the poll, BTW.
John S

Post by John S »

I Think the Idea that the back position is better on the grouds that it facilitates consistant sheet removal is incorect.
The main force involved is caused by puling against the angular inertia of the role, not the negligable amount of friction from the role rubbing on the wall. If this were the main source the speed of pulling would not mater and a tug would not be necissery.
These are farly minor considerations verses the type of paper, which can be very problematic.
The worst toilet paper in the cosmos is made by a company called Izal.
http://www.whom.co.uk/chairs/izal.htm
As can be seen above it seems to have much to recomend it, but don't be taken in, the problem is that sh*t doesent stick to it.
I consider this a deffinate no no in toilet paper as it mearly leads to smearing the adearing excrement around your arse.
All toilet paper should be subjected to inclined plain testing and tha angle at which turd/paper slippage occurs printed on the packet.
My computer simulations (based on the Brittish standerd turd) have shown that Izal scores a derisory 20 degrees as comperd with a controle 100 Emery paper which showed no slipage up to 85 degrees, although ther was some gravity driven turdal distortion.

John S
SirNick
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

How about, what kind of whistle do you most enjoy playing in the bathroom when you're not obsessing over the toilet paper. I prefer a Water Weasel, it seems to go with the decor. It's also safe if I drop it in by accident! :cry:
"You have my undivided attention"
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

John S wrote:I Think the Idea that the back position is better on the grouds that it facilitates consistant sheet removal is incorect.
The main force involved is caused by puling against the angular inertia of the role, not the negligable amount of friction from the role rubbing on the wall. If this were the main source the speed of pulling would not mater and a tug would not be necissery.
These are farly minor considerations verses the type of paper, which can be very problematic.
As can be seen above it seems to have much to recomend it, but don't be taken in, the problem is that sh*t doesent stick to it.
I consider this a deffinate no no in toilet paper as it mearly leads to smearing the adearing excrement around your arse.
All toilet paper should be subjected to inclined plain testing and tha angle at which turd/paper slippage occurs printed on the packet.
My computer simulations (based on the Brittish standerd turd) have shown that Izal scores a derisory 20 degrees as comperd with a controle 100 Emery paper which showed no slipage up to 85 degrees, although ther was some gravity driven turdal distortion.

John S
oh man!!! that was so hilarious...i'm still laughing... :lol: :lol: :lol:
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I just realized that we have all ignored the PERFECT solution to all of this direction, quality and effectivity discussion:

The Almighty Corn Cob! :lol:

Or for the REALLY adventuresome

The Pine Cone :o
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

John S wrote: The worst toilet paper in the cosmos is made by a company called Izal.
John S
And yet, for the making of the Traditional Comb-and-Paper ad-hoc kazoo, it is unsurpassed, although the "Government Issue" brand we had at school came in a close second (and was also valuable as tracing-paper).
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

amar wrote:this sure is a funny poll. :)
that flap has to be on my side, if i find a roll the other way around, i change it. :D

i guess gary larson won't comply.
Me too. I don't actually see it in terms of "my side" but rather as an example of what I once described to a French colleague as "la petite ésthétique du quotitien". But then I am a bit anal.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

John wrote
It must be the same stuff they gave us in Norway in the 1960's on a NATO exercise, we used it as airmail paper and wrote letters home on it...ah unused paper that is :D

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

To date, the roughest stuff to have graced my bum is a US product called 'Soft and Gentle'...which is neither. I have toyed with the idea of using it to sand slips of reed cane, or perhaps, even using it to remove the rust from iron lawn furniture prior to painting...although, the material discussed by John S. sounds to be in a league of its own.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

ok, here's a true story, my brother and some buddies were on some kind of a treck in the dessert, the only means of cleaning themselves was by water, in a bottle. Well, they had water-bottles, and the had clear hard liquor-bottles.....oh yeah, you got it.........raja, my brother, picked the wrong bottle after "it"...and, well....he told me his ass was red-raw after that ordeal, hahahaa...silly basmati. :lol: :lol:
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:(
What a waste of good booze!!

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

But(t) Clean :D

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Caj

Post by Caj »

Am I the only person who read the subject as "The Toilet Paper Reel?"

Caj